Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Open breather on a Daily Driver NA

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 12:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Open breather on a Daily Driver NA

So im finally fed up wtih my PCV clogging, even when placed after the catch can. I also am looking for efficiency. and if the PCV were to clog, it would do more harm than good. So how bout this for a NA daily driver, need feedback from people who are running this type of setup.

Have the black box on the back of the block, running a 3/4" tube to an Open vented catch can, which just vents.

2 front nipples installed on the Valve cover to a vented custom catch can,
2 rear nipple installed on the valve cover to a vented custom catch can.

So a total of 5 ports which are vented. Would this provide enough ventalation? I do not care about oil loss, since i have lots of oil, and top it off quite a bit. Would this run reliable for a NA DD? im not really racing, ive just noticed how much nicer the car runs with all the ports on the IM plugged, and a "cleaner" AF mix.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Open breather on a Daily Driver NA (YoungKadafi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by YoungKadafi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So im finally fed up wtih my PCV clogging, even when placed after the catch can. I also am looking for efficiency. and if the PCV were to clog, it would do more harm than good. So how bout this for a NA daily driver, need feedback from people who are running this type of setup.

Have the black box on the back of the block, running a 3/4" tube to an Open vented catch can, which just vents.

2 front nipples installed on the Valve cover to a vented custom catch can,
2 rear nipple installed on the valve cover to a vented custom catch can.

So a total of 5 ports which are vented. Would this provide enough ventalation? I do not care about oil loss, since i have lots of oil, and top it off quite a bit. Would this run reliable for a NA DD? im not really racing, ive just noticed how much nicer the car runs with all the ports on the IM plugged, and a "cleaner" AF mix. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i'm not running anything near what you are explaining but, i curious to why? how is it that your pcv valve keeps getting clogged. instead of try to do all this work for ventilation, shouldn't you try to figure out why this problem keeps occurring.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i drive my car alot, I want the most efficient setup possible. removing the PCV valve would free up alot of restriction, there are plenty of benifits to it. If you read, at high RPM's the PCV system sucks