Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Only both front turn signals not working

Old 04-30-2019, 07:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Only both front turn signals not working

So every other turn signal light works properly when the hazard switch is pushed or indicator button is clicked but when indicator is clicked it turns fast on both side. I have checked the that the front driver side harness is receiving voltage around 7-9V but it does not light up. How to diagnose?
Old 05-02-2019, 09:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Only both front turn signals not working

Burnt out bulb?
Old 05-02-2019, 09:21 AM
Corvette Forum Member

If you're getting power to both bulbs but they don't light up, the bulbs are burnt out. To confirm, use a multi-meter set to Ohms and connect the leads to either side of the bulb. No resistance = burnt bulb.
Old 05-02-2019, 09:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Check that there is continuity to ground in the socket. If you have voltage in the socket, and continuity to ground in the socket, and continuity through the bulb, then your problem might be that your socket is not making good contact with the bulb. Clean all four contact surfaces.

If all that checks out, then you may have a broken wire. When wires break inside the insulation, they can appear fine, and check out fine in your hand, but open up and not flow current when installed in position in the car. Put your meter on and physically screw around with them and watch for signs of discontinuity on the meter.
Old 05-02-2019, 10:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by NukeNinja View Post
Check that there is continuity to ground in the socket. If you have voltage in the socket, and continuity to ground in the socket, and continuity through the bulb, then your problem might be that your socket is not making good contact with the bulb. Clean all four contact surfaces.

If all that checks out, then you may have a broken wire. When wires break inside the insulation, they can appear fine, and check out fine in your hand, but open up and not flow current when installed in position in the car. Put your meter on and physically screw around with them and watch for signs of discontinuity on the meter.
Thank You everyone for their help. When I see the filament not broken I assumed that the bulb is good. But afterwards I tested with another bulb and that was blinking.
I have one more issue that my trunk light is not working. Previously it was working. I have check the bulb and it is not blown up. The turn signal bulb harness at the back and trunk light harness is same so I put it in the turn signal harness and it still does not blink. I connect the wire to green wire of turn signal and one of the wire from trunk light harness and boom it start blinking. I have checked the trunk light harness and the voltage fluctuates and max goes to 3.5V. Is there a way to get to the trunk wiring?

Old 05-02-2019, 03:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The trunk light has a wire that is live all the time and the other wire connects to ground through a switch in the trunk latch when the trunk is open. The live wire should come from the fuse under the hood called "BACK UP".
Old 05-03-2019, 06:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by mk378 View Post
The trunk light has a wire that is live all the time and the other wire connects to ground through a switch in the trunk latch when the trunk is open. The live wire should come from the fuse under the hood called "BACK UP".
That fuse is I think working as the clock is working. But now I will indicate an another issue. The clock doesn't remember time correctly. Like if I stop the car at 5:45 when I start it again after 24 hour the clock will show something 1:45. Means hours will be back.
Old 05-03-2019, 07:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If you don't have battery volts all the time on the white-blue wire at the trunk light, you need to check the fuse under the hood.

How complicated do you want to make this?
Old 05-03-2019, 12:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by mk378 View Post
If you don't have battery volts all the time on the white-blue wire at the trunk light, you need to check the fuse under the hood.

How complicated do you want to make this?
Thanks for your help. I only opened the fuse box under the hood and I know that the clock is working so the backup fuse is good as previously I have replaced it because it was blown. I only blow air from the mouth into the fuse box and start the car and let it reach the operating temperature. And then I look back in the trunk and BOOM the light was on. I don't know what had happened. I think I also press that fuse.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: