Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

One piece headlights

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 12:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One piece headlights

I wrecked the front end of my car and i need to get 2 new front headlights + corners. I would like to keep the stock look or go for amber corner lenses, but found some headlights on ebay that are one piece and have blackhousing on the headlight and amber corner lenses;

Does anyone know if the one piece fitment is good? Or have any pics of them installed, would be great if could see them with a VIS EOM CF hood.

thanks
Old 12-20-2004, 12:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Why so you can pretend like youre interested, FL/OK
Default Re: One piece headlights (B18C-Hatch-Turbo)

You're new here, so welcome, but learn to use the search found in the upper right hand corner of the screen. The archived search for "TYC" will produce a number of results for you.

Here:

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1071400
Old 12-20-2004, 12:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Haven't heard any that fitment issues on them besides that there "ricey". If you like them buy them!
Old 12-20-2004, 12:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (skt)

i actually think those are coo. with HID's in'em they are awesome.
Old 12-20-2004, 12:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dont care if they were ricey or not. im gettin them for my hatch. a friend has a coupe and he has them and the light out put is 200x better than the stock housing.
Old 12-20-2004, 12:40 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (JDMlyfestyle)

Those look really cool. Post up the ebay link.
Old 12-20-2004, 12:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMlyfestyle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i dont care if they were ricey or not. im gettin them for my hatch. a friend has a coupe and he has them and the light out put is 200x better than the stock housing.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thank you..

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by litterbox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Those look really cool. Post up the ebay link. </TD></TR></TABLE>

F'k, what have I done. They are roughly about $200 through like turboshift on ebay, there are really about 3 users that will constantly have those on there. I hope these don't blow up right after Christmas, the price has just started to go down somewhat steadily.
Old 12-20-2004, 01:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Here is another thread about the TYC One-piece headlights...thought I'd share. A lot of pics w/ and w/o HID's as well.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=666112
Old 12-20-2004, 01:13 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW! Those lights in that other thread look Meaan!
Old 12-20-2004, 01:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (litterbox)

IMO JDM headlights with H4H bulbs + amber corners &gt; *

If I were to ever have $500 to blow, I'll buy the TYC clear reflector housings and retrofit some Valeo's... now THAT is the way to go.
Old 12-20-2004, 01:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Mario.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mario. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">IMO JDM headlights with H4H bulbs + amber corners &gt; *

If I were to ever have $500 to blow, I'll buy the TYC clear reflector housings and retrofit some Valeo's... now THAT is the way to go. </TD></TR></TABLE>

These headlights? What are Valeo's?...please elighten me...cause I have some HID's in my clear housings...and am not entirely happy with them.
Old 12-20-2004, 01:43 PM

Default Re: (H23 EG Hybrid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by H23 EG Hybrid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
These headlights? What are Valeo's?...please elighten me...cause I have some HID's in my clear housings...and am not entirely happy with them.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Valeo's are a company that make OEM hid projectors found on (BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Nissan ect) these are the best way to achieve the perfect cutoff line and best looking HID's

You are not happy with your HID's because that is a reflector housing the light is basically bouncing off the reflectors and going any way they want. This is Why HID kits are now illegal to sell within the USA.

Some people use Casper shields which block off some of the light from the bottom and they do reduce the glare ( glare is caused by the light hitting the reflector housing and sending the light in a unpredictable path)

for more info on HID's check out Http://www.hidplanet.com and check out there forums
Old 12-20-2004, 01:49 PM
#1 Super Guy

Received 123 Likes on 117 Posts

I still like these better (real glass w/ city lights).
They still look OEM, minus reflectors in the corner lenses...

http://www.procarparts.com
Old 12-20-2004, 01:52 PM

those headlights suck. i ordered some and they got taken away within a week. no DOT # for them and the cop gave me 48 hours to get them removed
Old 12-20-2004, 02:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMlyfestyle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Valeo's are a company that make OEM hid projectors found on (BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Nissan ect) these are the best way to achieve the perfect cutoff line and best looking HID's

You are not happy with your HID's because that is a reflector housing the light is basically bouncing off the reflectors and going any way they want. This is Why HID kits are now illegal to sell within the USA.

Some people use Casper shields which block off some of the light from the bottom and they do reduce the glare ( glare is caused by the light hitting the reflector housing and sending the light in a unpredictable path)

for more info on HID's check out Http://www.hidplanet.com and check out there forums</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't think I'm gettin any hardly any glare. The really scattered light is from the city light...I already checked that. I'm goin to take some pics of my output tonight and post it up...couple people have requested it. Maybe I can get some suggestions on improvement.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 94eg! &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I still like these better (real glass w/ city lights).
They still look OEM, minus reflectors in the corner lenses...

http://www.procarparts.com</TD></TR></TABLE>

Mine are DOT approved though...so no trouble with the law. Also mine do have city lights as well.
Old 12-20-2004, 02:05 PM

Default Re: (Mario.)

The lighting on my bros JDM one pieces on his 92 GSR + his H4H's + yellow fogs/driving lights that come inside the one pieces = ownage!
Old 12-20-2004, 02:07 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMlyfestyle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">those headlights suck. i ordered some and they got taken away within a week. no DOT # for them and the cop gave me 48 hours to get them removed</TD></TR></TABLE>

TYC has the exact same black housing/clear lense ones but are DOT compliant while the PCP ones are not. The PCP ones are glass but the TYC ones ae plastic from what i hear.
Old 12-20-2004, 02:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

here's a friends eg

Old 12-20-2004, 02:11 PM

Default Re: (H23 EG Hybrid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by H23 EG Hybrid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

These headlights? What are Valeo's?...please elighten me...cause I have some HID's in my clear housings...and am not entirely happy with them.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hmm looks like Nicks car from the Bay Area. Seen those headlight sin person, they are blingin'!
Old 12-20-2004, 02:14 PM
#1 Super Guy

Received 123 Likes on 117 Posts
Default Re: (spankey167)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spankey167 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

TYC has the exact same black housing/clear lense ones but are DOT compliant while the PCP ones are not. The PCP ones are glass but the TYC ones ae plastic from what i hear. </TD></TR></TABLE>

You are correct.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMlyfestyle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">those headlights suck. i ordered some and they got taken away within a week. no DOT # for them and the cop gave me 48 hours to get them removed</TD></TR></TABLE>

I've never been harassed like that here in Vegas....
Old 12-20-2004, 02:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Br1anPham)

Those TYC 's are probably one of the only other sets (other than OEM) that I would run on my car... I heard the light output was alot better so... I may give them a try in the spring.
Old 12-20-2004, 02:48 PM

Default Re: (cnyej1)

Can anyone who has these tell me if they leak? The last time i bought some replacement OEM tailights and they leaked and had condensation all in them. I would hate to have that happen to headlights.
Old 12-20-2004, 03:16 PM

Default Re: (civiccpedx)

I have those exact lights, the light out out is so much greater then the stock and the fitment was on a scale fo 1-5 it was a 4, but other then that they are awsom

Old 12-20-2004, 03:17 PM

WOW sorry guys those pics were big as crap
Old 12-20-2004, 03:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Don't say sorry, just resize them.

Quick Reply: One piece headlights