Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Omnimans "Omnipower" camber kit!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2004, 12:21 PM
* B A N N E D *

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Omnimans "Omnipower" camber kit!

i just got mine. awesome. great deal. everyone check him out at http://www.omnipowerusa.com. im going to be doing my entire suspension thru him as well. he's got it all on his EG and says it runs great. check it out and give him some business. excellent work omni, thanks for the parts.
X-eric-X
Old 05-18-2004, 12:27 PM

Default Re: Omnimans "Omnipower" camber kit! (X-cement-filled-EG-X)

hm, their products look like all high quality stuff! does any one know if the full coil overs are damper adjustable?
Old 05-18-2004, 12:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Omnimans "Omnipower" camber kit! (CivicSi2000)

not damper adjustable but its a good one.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B20Vtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Here is a little insight to the adjustable/non adjustable damping decision...The only true benefit to adjustable damping is for long road trips or for the racer who plans on using several different spring rates w/ their suspsension set up. A well made coilover system, like Omni-Power, is set up from the manufacturer with optimized spring and damper rates...The moment the damping valving is changed a different spring rate is needed to keep everything working properly. Ideally a coilover w/o damping adjustability can go up or down no more than 2K to keep an optimum balance. If you have an adjustable damping coilover that is adjusted all the way to stiff, the springs & damping will no longer be matched to eachother thus resulting in a poor ride quality. Look at H&R for instance, they make incredible coilovers yet they will not use adjustable damping...Even on their full race set up. This is a company that is contracted by Porsche to make their high end coilovers...and I think most people would agree that Porsche has some great handling automobiles! So in conclusion adjustability is a nice feature only if you are going to stock a few different spring rates or if you take a lot of road trips and don't care that your suspension will not be properly dialed in. I personally have a set of Omni-Power coilovers installed on my Civic and I have been very pleased. The ride is definitely firm but not too firm...The handling is magical especially when you consider retail is set at $699...For the price you definitely cannot go wrong with the Omni-Power coilovers...They look great too! </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 05-18-2004, 12:33 PM

Their full coilovers do not have adjustable dampers. I just ordered a set to replace my GC/Koni set-up. After talking with Steve(Omni Power)and asking many questions, these appear to be very well matched(damper to spring rate), offer good ride quality, offer the ability to preload the springs, lower the car substantially without losing suspension travel and offer a 1 year warranty...all for under $700

Good deal in my book.
Old 05-18-2004, 05:22 PM

Default Re: Omnimans "Omnipower" camber kit! (REVolution)

ya, that does sound good. But one question, you're saying an adjustable coil over like the TEIN SS adjusted to FULL stiff isn't properly matched? I would think that they would make it so all the settings can work with the spring rates provided with the shock..
Old 05-18-2004, 05:31 PM
H-T Administrator

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The problem is the spring rate and damping rate cannot be matched through the entire range of adjustments.

clayton