Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Omni Power?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2004, 01:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Omni Power?

Anyone running these full coil overs on there EG hatches?
Especially if your running the higher spring rates.

Input, how do you like them? ride? Stiffness when adjusted to the max? etc.
Old 10-12-2004, 01:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Omni Power? (The G2 Racer)

i would like to know to. and where is the best place to buy them online
Old 10-12-2004, 01:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Omni Power? (Xxcivic99xX)

umm these arent adjustable. i know there are people who dont need the adjustability, but i do.. so im gonna so

yea they have great spring rates... but groundcontrol gives you free custom spring rates. and for an example... a koni/gc combo will only be a little bit more than an omnipower kit... but you can adjust it. you can ride on the street with the soft setting.. or race on the track with the stiff setting.

again its up to your adjustability...

koni's have a lifetime warranty.. even race
Old 10-12-2004, 02:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Omni Power? (toEknEEg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by toEknEEg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">umm these arent adjustable. i know there are people who dont need the adjustability, but i do.. so im gonna so </TD></TR></TABLE>

right , so basically you could hyave just said, I don't know, or even better said...

nothing

But ya I should be getting a set for my EK, 12k 10k rates next week. I am getting them from Kteller for $650 shipped. They are height adjustable but not dampening adjustable. One thing that people forget to mention is that struts are usually dampened to specific spring rates. SO when you go adjusting your JDM coilovers you throw off the balance, or when you up the spring rate you are going to need to get those dampers re-valved for those higher rates. the thing that i like about these is that the dampers are dampened specifically for these spring rates. You install set height, get an alighnment and you are good to go. Who needs to adjust the dampening anyways? Pussies who can't take the ruff ride on the streets?
Old 10-12-2004, 02:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Omni Power? (toEknEEg)

Hmmm....didn't know they aren't adjustable.
Still wanting to see some input from people who are running them.

I've been the spring and shock route before, rather have some full coil overs now.
Old 10-12-2004, 02:03 PM
Ditto

Default Re: Omni Power? (Jon V)

I like mine, I have the sports.
Old 10-12-2004, 02:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have the street setup, I like it
Old 10-12-2004, 02:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by The G2 Racer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hmmm....didn't know they aren't adjustable. </TD></TR></TABLE>

see my last post...
Old 10-12-2004, 02:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jon V &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

right , so basically you could hyave just said, I don't know, or even better said...

nothing

But ya I should be getting a set for my EK, 12k 10k rates next week. I am getting them from Kteller for $650 shipped. They are height adjustable but not dampening adjustable. One thing that people forget to mention is that struts are usually dampened to specific spring rates. SO when you go adjusting your JDM coilovers you throw off the balance, or when you up the spring rate you are going to need to get those dampers re-valved for those higher rates. the thing that i like about these is that the dampers are dampened specifically for these spring rates. You install set height, get an alighnment and you are good to go. Who needs to adjust the dampening anyways? Pussies who can't take the ruff ride on the streets? </TD></TR></TABLE>

I like a rough ride
I argee with you man. No need to mess around with anything if you don't have to.
Price seems good to me.
Old 10-12-2004, 04:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Anyone got anymore input?
Old 10-12-2004, 05:56 PM

i ahve a freind with some on his itr, he sais he really likes them, he has the 12k and 10k rates, i know its not a hatchback but it should say something about the quality, he sais they compare to baller brand names X2 the price and hes had alot of different setups
Old 10-12-2004, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Omni Power? (FatBoy4door)

Thanks for the input guys

What are the bodies of the coil overs made out of? I live in Canada and the car is daily so I don't want them rusting in the winter.
Old 10-12-2004, 06:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i got them and I love them
Old 10-12-2004, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Omni Power? (vtec69)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vtec69 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i got them and I love them </TD></TR></TABLE>

Running the normal spring rates or no?
Also anyone know what the shock bodies are made of?
Old 10-13-2004, 07:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by The G2 Racer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Running the normal spring rates or no?
Also anyone know what the shock bodies are made of?</TD></TR></TABLE>
PM username omniman
Old 10-13-2004, 07:56 AM
Future Texas Boy

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jon V &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

One thing that people forget to mention is that struts are usually dampened to specific spring rates. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Marketing at its best.

Old 10-13-2004, 07:57 AM
memoryFAB.com representative

Default Re: Omni Power? (99FBPSi)

i love mine. i have the ITR sports.
Old 10-13-2004, 08:11 AM

Default Re: Omni Power? (spock_rocker)

One of the best mod, i have done with the car

Handels so Stiff, can't go wrong. very frim, would be fun to autocross my car, but it's slow.
Old 10-13-2004, 08:14 AM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Omni Power? (Quad-Damge)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Quad-Damge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">One of the best mod, i have done with the car

Handels so Stiff, can't go wrong. very frim, would be fun to autocross my car, but it's slow.</TD></TR></TABLE>

There's a stock-engine autocross class, so don't make excuses. Your car doesn't have to be fast to be a successful autocross machine or road racer. The first time you tear a Z06 a new ******* on a road course because he doesn't know how to drive his $50k car as compared to you handling your stock Civic with suspension mods you'll be happy you went out for the event.
Old 10-13-2004, 08:34 AM

Default Re: Omni Power? (Archidictus)

I have the 12k / 10k set up on my del sol and they are are awsome, if you are really gonna need dampening adjustability then dont get them but if you are building a good street car these are the best for the money. Honestly think about what you will need your suspension set up to do, don't waste money and get a 32 way adjustable 2000 dollar full coil over system if you aren't gonna auto cross or track race. I'm starting auto X soon so these are ok for a noob like me, they kill stock any day of the week, i am in love.
Old 10-13-2004, 08:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Omni Power? (BrianDelSol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BrianDelSol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have the 12k / 10k set up on my del sol and they are are awsome, if you are really gonna need dampening adjustability then dont get them but if you are building a good street car these are the best for the money. Honestly think about what you will need your suspension set up to do, don't waste money and get a 32 way adjustable 2000 dollar full coil over system if you aren't gonna auto cross or track race. I'm starting auto X soon so these are ok for a noob like me, they kill stock any day of the week, i am in love.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I also have the 12k/10k on my del sol. it's friggin stiff! i love it though. i think im gonna keep it forever. Plus it's good if you're gonna do a swap, you wont need to change the spring rate cos i think they'd be stiff for any B or even H series engine. i dont think they rust either...why would it?... this is my car, i had it about an inch maybe 1 1/2 inches lower the previous day.

i reset the preload and it performed just at well.
Old 10-13-2004, 08:58 AM
Tad
Honda-Tech Member

But ya I should be getting a set for my EK, 12k 10k rates next week. I am getting them from Kteller for $650 shipped. They are height adjustable but not dampening adjustable. One thing that people forget to mention is that struts are usually dampened to specific spring rates. SO when you go adjusting your JDM coilovers you throw off the balance, or when you up the spring rate you are going to need to get those dampers re-valved for those higher rates. the thing that i like about these is that the dampers are dampened specifically for these spring rates. You install set height, get an alighnment and you are good to go. Who needs to adjust the dampening anyways? Pussies who can't take the ruff ride on the streets? </TD></TR></TABLE>

what makes you think omni power coilovers are adjusted for springrates man?
you're making a bad assumption.

just cuz they are a non-adjustable shock and they offer various springrate choices,
doesnt mean that the shocks damping will be set to match whatever springrate you choose.

I'll bet you a nickel that they put the same valving in every damn strut they sell(for a certain car i mean) and just let you choose whatever spring you want.
thus if you go buying ridiculously high springrates, chances are they'll be underdampened

and yeah, if you have an adjustable damping shock, you can set it to something odd for the springrate you are running. But if you arent completely lacking in knowledge, and you know your car, then you can set it to properly damping the springs you have. Then if you need more/less damping for whatever reason, adjusting front/rear bias, ride comfort, responsiveness, increasing/degreasing grip, ETC ETC, you can do ALL that.

instead of just having a shock thats set so it your ride wont be "bouncy"
Old 10-13-2004, 08:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Omni Power? (Advan06)

Thanks for all the input guys.
I think I'm gonna go for them.
Old 10-13-2004, 09:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by The G2 Racer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Running the normal spring rates or no?
Also anyone know what the shock bodies are made of?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have the 12/10 rate and its stiff
it handles like a dream
Old 10-13-2004, 10:17 AM
rebmem roines

Never did get this answer. I received mine two weeks ago but I am going to wait until the spring to install them. All the price quotes I got were quite close together but KTeller offered the 2 year warranty that convinced me.

Eli- Who hopes they do not rust.

Quick Reply: Omni Power?