Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

omni coilovers...asked in suspension, but am not getting a response..

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 06:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default omni coilovers...asked in suspension, but am not getting a response..

Alright, I installed my omni street coilovers the other day, and can't figure out how to adjust them at all. I preloaded the spring like it told me to, allowing for the top nut to become flush with the bolt, and then raising the spring and perch ect.
Then I installed all four corners and loosened the lower collar lock so i could adjust it.

Lowered the car back to the ground and was not happy at all with the height. So like the instructions say, I took measurements, raised the car back up and turned the entire shock body until it eventually would not go any lower. (this was on the front passenger side). Dropped the car back down, and it was basically at the same height.

So it says, that I am not supposed to adjust the height from the upper spring perch. But if I cannot adjust the height with the upper spring perch, then how do i lower the car?

what am i doing wrong here? im pulling my hair out as ive been without a car for 2 days now!! grr!!

thanks
Old 04-05-2005, 06:08 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: omni coilovers...asked in suspension, but am not getting a response.. (grampafunk)

This may sound retarded, but are you raising or lowering the shock body? You should be raising it towards the coilovers to lower the car. Let me know.
Old 04-05-2005, 06:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the springs sits on a threaded ring does it not? you turn that clockwise to compress the spring, at least thats what you do wit ground control coilovers.
Old 04-05-2005, 06:20 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (SL!M)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SL!M &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the springs sits on a threaded ring does it not? you turn that clockwise to compress the spring, at least thats what you do wit ground control coilovers.</TD></TR></TABLE>That's not how you raise/lower omni full coilovers.
Old 04-05-2005, 06:33 PM

Default Re: (litterbox)

loosen the very bottomblack collar, grab the silver threaded part, twist up or down, tighten down black collar. FYI - I had the same problem with my front pass side coilover. I lowered it all the way with the shock body till it wouldnt turn anymore and it still left a gap whereas the driver side lowered normally. I just lowered it a tad more by moving the spring perch down.
Old 04-05-2005, 06:39 PM

Default Re: (SL!M)

This may sound retarded, but are you raising or lowering the shock body? You should be raising it towards the coilovers to lower the car. Let me know.

Yah i am rasing the entire shock body.. am grabbing the silver part and twisting it down.. front end of the car looks stock still....the silver thing is into the bottom as far as it will go..
Old 04-05-2005, 08:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i believe the correct way is to loosen the nut up top tell is sits flush with the bolt then twist the lower perch. you should be able to turn it by hand, after you have it adjusted, tighten the nut on top and tighten the perches. that how i've done it and haven't had any problems, i mgiht be doing it wrong though lol
Old 04-05-2005, 09:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i put mine on and just adjusted the bottom cups.. they didnt really need much adjusting bc when they came they were already pretty dam low