Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Omni Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 06:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Omni Coilovers

I just installed my Omni coilover sleeves with koni reds in the front and tokico blues in the back on my Eg hathback. The ride feels great, one of the best set up I ever had. Just want to give everyone a heads up. The omnis definitely worth every penny, I'll try to post some pics soon.
Old 08-30-2004, 06:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Omni Coilovers (DLCL)

Yea i love omni products i got an adjustable camber kit from them and i love it.
Old 08-30-2004, 07:15 PM

How much do these go for? I've been hearing only greatness coming from these coils.
Old 08-30-2004, 09:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The full coilovers are 650 and the sleeves only are like 200 shipped!!! Great deals.
Old 08-30-2004, 10:20 PM
HT White Ops

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

I was thinking about going with the standard GC/Koni Yellow setup, but the Omni's appear to be as good or better than the GC's and are much cheaper.

Kteller.com has got AWESOME prices!
Old 08-30-2004, 10:32 PM
non

Default Re: Omni Coilovers (rochesterricer)

THEY ARE EXACTLY LIKE EVERY OTHER COIL OVER HAT KIT IN EXISTENCE

OTHER THAN GC's

which actually have some backing for there high performance claims, which are still

They are not better GC uses far superior coil springs which makes all the difference especially over time when the omni's rapidly lose there rates

sucks to be you
Old 08-30-2004, 10:48 PM
HT White Ops

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Re: Omni Coilovers (eg1R)

Actually, the Omni's use a superior spring material.

I will let Kteller give more info on that aspect.
Old 08-31-2004, 02:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Omni Coilovers (rochesterricer)

I've had GC before and trust me they are not any better than Omni's, my friend have had the Omnis for quite a while now and his ride still feels the same.
Old 08-31-2004, 05:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm glad you like them DLCL....
Old 08-31-2004, 05:47 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eg1R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">THEY ARE EXACTLY LIKE EVERY OTHER COIL OVER HAT KIT IN EXISTENCE

OTHER THAN GC's

which actually have some backing for there high performance claims, which are still

They are not better GC uses far superior coil springs which makes all the difference especially over time when the omni's rapidly lose there rates

sucks to be you </TD></TR></TABLE>

how can you say that they are the same thing as the skunk 2's (which are on a comparable level to GC's IMO) just an off brand that a guy that used to work for skunk 2 started.
Old 08-31-2004, 09:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eg1R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">THEY ARE EXACTLY LIKE EVERY OTHER COIL OVER HAT KIT IN EXISTENCE

OTHER THAN GC's

sucks to be you </TD></TR></TABLE>

:subscribes to thread:
Old 08-31-2004, 10:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Omni Coilovers (88hondahatch)

what egr1 is saying does hold true to a point.

any one who knows anything about suspension knows that there are really only two good spring companies, eibach, and hypercoil.

and since eibach wont let there spring be sold then re-powder coated, and neither would hypecoil, the springs are of a lesser quailty.

now certianly a company could buy a **** load of eibach spring or hypercoil spring, powder coat them and then sell them with there kit, but this would get REALLY expensive and eibach or hypercoil would have lawyers on there asses quicker then HT leg humpers come to a thread with a chick in it.

on a slip over type coil over the thing that should make you buy is the spring. every thing else is fairly elementry.

also the machinces that are used to make spirngs are ****** outragously expensive so i don't think omni went out and bought one.

they are made out of a good metal, but thats not all thats important. the way they are wound and temps and **** play a big part in it too.

NOW IM NOT SAYING OMNIPOWER SPRINGS ARE GOOD BAD, THAT HE HAS SOME ONE ELSE MAKE THEM OR ANYTHING IM JUST GIVING SOME INFORMATION

i have never seen a dyno for the omni power springs and im not going to say they are ****, but i will say i highly doubt they are quality like hyper coil and eibach ERS. but its not 100% certian.

skunk2, aero speed, ect, are NOT comparible to GROUND CONTROL coil overs. ground control coilover are THE BEST OUT THERE. you have about 250 spring rates to pick from, and they have THE BEST design for the damper koni sports (yellow).

from a dyno graph a very respected person saw he said that the OMNIpower coil overs were DECENT FOR THE PRICE.

kteller8 is a good guy i don't think he would sell ****.

but the springs are still questiononable.

to the people who bought them and liked them right on.

for people who do HPDE's or auto cross ill still recomened gc/yellows.

on the street its all about comfort
Old 08-31-2004, 10:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well said
Old 08-31-2004, 11:16 AM
non

Default Re: (2thousandcivic)

I'm not saying Omnis are really bad but they certainly have no factual basis for any of there claims - Nor am I saying Kteller is selling bunk product

everytime some new company comes out 500 billion people have to run where they think the grass is greener and buy them up and then make comments to somehow justify there purchase - the fact people are refering to Skunk2 springs is just laughable

The fact is 90% these kinds of products are useless. I myself will never again use a coil over that is'nt threaded to the shock body regaurdless of brand.

A simple lowering spring and matching dampener would suit people better. The only time I can see a coliover of usefullness is during corner weighting which when done with lesser springs is relatively useless unless heavy break in miles have been put on them

Or for occasionally dumping a car.

Now the problem with any adjustable is that every time you do it screws with the alignment which is most cases deteriorates ride comfort, handling and tire wear considerably, and unless you plan or going broke at the alignment place I would recommend against it

Also with the lack of testing a proper matching dampener can not be selected to match the rates with again being inferior to GC beyond coil spring selection

In this world you get what you pay for to a point. cheap adjustable suspension will deliver in most cases just that, a cheap ride bettered by any typical lowering spring like neuspeed and some upgraded shocks of any brand (I should say however Eibach produces a large percent of all springs including neuspeeds so they can be rebadged and resold)
Old 08-31-2004, 12:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts
Default Re: (eg1R)

actually since ive helped propagate that only eibach and hypercoil race springs are only worth using, ill add that H&R race springs are just as reputable, hypercoils are still the best. but other than that, i wouldnt bother with any other springs.

skunk2/omni just say their manufacturing specs are great, but theyre still probably made in a taiwanese factory. ive tried to do find out exactly who makes their springs, but ive never gotten a firm answer except that i know who DOESNT make em (eibach for sure, and probably not H&R from what i heard from other insiders and its a good guess theyre not hypercoils). in fact, im challenging anyone who knows to tell me. until then, theyre still as good as the springs that come with ebay $30 coilover kits to me.
Old 08-31-2004, 02:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Tyson)

alright, just did some digging around with google. The SAE 9254 spec skunk/omni calls out is also known as chrome silicon (i have no idea why they just dont say that). this is a higher grade coil spring material than chrome vanadium, better in strength, hardness, fatigue and temperature range. hypercoil and eibach also uses chrome silicon, so does fox shocks, and pretty much any other high quality spring producer. interestingly, chrome silicon is also the popular material high performance valve springs are made with, which skunk2 also markets, which may or may not be the same manufacturer of their valve springs and coilovers, but thats speculation.

so i take my words back about skunk2/omni springs that they would be of low quality. however, im still interested in knowing who and where makes these springs for skunk/omni. the steel itself may be spec'd to a higher quality, however thats just a specification and who knows what their acceptable tolerances are, which may not even meet spec, and meet the intended spring rate which there are many other factors than quality of the metal. plus the extra shot peening and heat treating processes are key to making a truly high quality spring. so to me, the question still remains open as to the overall quality of their springs.

Modified by Tyson at 4:34 PM 8/31/2004
Old 08-31-2004, 03:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Omni Coilovers (slammed_93_hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slammed_93_hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">any one who knows anything about suspension knows that there are really only two good spring companies, eibach, and hypercoil.

i have never seen a dyno for the omni power springs and im not going to say they are ****, but i will say i highly doubt they are quality like hyper coil and eibach ERS. but its not 100% certian. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Funny though one of the two have been known for making a spring for xxx company and then after that, took their specs and now sells them as theirs.. basically said haha we make them, thanks for the research, go F**k off~ sue us!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">from a dyno graph a very respected person saw he said that the OMNIpower coil overs were DECENT FOR THE PRICE.
kteller8 is a good guy i don't think he would sell ****.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That gentleman did more then see the dyno, he was present when it was done!

Old 08-31-2004, 03:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (eg1R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eg1R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm not saying Omnis are really bad but they certainly have no factual basis for any of there claims - Nor am I saying Kteller is selling bunk product</TD></TR></TABLE>

what claims are you point out?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
In this world you get what you pay for to a point. cheap adjustable suspension will deliver in most cases just that, a cheap ride bettered by any typical lowering spring like neuspeed and some upgraded shocks of any brand (I should say however Eibach produces a large percent of all springs including neuspeeds so they can be rebadged and resold)</TD></TR></TABLE>

so then are you saying that rebadge eibachs are now "cheap" since i am sur neuspeed get a super deal on them and they dont pay out the *** like others?
Old 08-31-2004, 03:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tyson &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">actually since ive helped propagate that only eibach and hypercoil race springs are only worth using, ill add that H&R race springs are just as reputable, hypercoils are still the best. but other than that, i wouldnt bother with any other springs.

skunk2/omni just say their manufacturing specs are great, but theyre still probably made in a taiwanese factory. ive tried to do find out exactly who makes their springs, but ive never gotten a firm answer except that i know who DOESNT make em (eibach for sure, and probably not H&R from what i heard from other insiders and its a good guess theyre not hypercoils). in fact, im challenging anyone who knows to tell me. until then, theyre still as good as the springs that come with ebay $30 coilover kits to me.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

your lack of knowledge makes something a $30 item now
thats an great educational statement
Old 08-31-2004, 03:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tyson &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">alright, just did some digging around with google. The SAE 9254 spec skunk/omni calls out is also known as chrome silicon (i have no idea why they just dont say that). this is a higher grade coil spring material than chrome vanadium, better in strength, hardness, fatigue and temperature range. hypercoil and eibach also uses chrome silicon, so does fox shocks, and pretty much any other high quality spring producer. interestingly, chrome silicon is also the popular material high performance valve springs are made with, which skunk2 also markets, which may or may not be the same manufacturer of their valve springs and coilovers, but thats speculation. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I will ammitt i am not on the number game but i believe there still can be chrome silicon and have different "rates" say like example just for example sake 9254 vs 9245 or something like that, i think there can still be differences, i am asking is it true that not all chrome silicone is created equal?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so i take my words back about skunk2/omni springs that they would be of low quality.</TD></TR></TABLE>

good to hear! why people should research before speaking out, since there are so m any bandwagon and hugges. comments mild or extreme effect everything.

Old 08-31-2004, 03:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (KTeller8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KTeller8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">your lack of knowledge makes something a $30 item now
thats an great educational statement</TD></TR></TABLE>

take on my challenge. tell me who makes em. until then, keep your hammer to yourself.
Old 08-31-2004, 03:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tyson &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

take on my challenge. tell me who makes em. until then, keep your hammer to yourself.</TD></TR></TABLE>

ok ill tell you then i challenge you to jump off a bridge? do you accept?

and you could keep your $30 bucks
Old 08-31-2004, 03:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wait a second, are we trying to have a mature conversation? i am. id like to see the same from you.<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KTeller8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

ok ill tell you then i challenge you to jump off a bridge? do you accept?

and you could keep your $30 bucks</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 08-31-2004, 03:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tyson &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wait a second, are we trying to have a mature conversation? i am. id like to see the same from you.</TD></TR></TABLE>
just showing you , your challenge is a pointless one, one that is a pointless venture in which your "reward" is only to benfit you.

some people dont think that when you release certain information, it opens doors for others with some bank to come and try to copy something your doing. something that you've put time and money into, just cause some people out there question you.

even other companies out there wait and look for cheaper ways to outsource their products..

who's to say haymane or nuespeed or others wouldnt like to know who makes certain stuff. .they got the money and means, to take what you've researched and learned
Old 08-31-2004, 03:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KTeller8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">some people dont think that when you release certain information, it opens doors for others with some bank to come and try to copy something your doing. </TD></TR></TABLE>

youre right, just look at what skunk does.

Quick Reply: Omni Coilovers