Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Omni Clutch Master review w/ pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 01:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Omni-Power Clutch Master review w/ pics

So far, I have roughly 5,000 miles on it already since it was install. Overall, no problems at all. Took awhile to get used to but got over it very quick. I took some pics between the stock one (that was replaced like 15k miles ago) vs Omni's.

Enjoy.

Also, special thanks to Omniman and Mike Sarr.

Stock on the top, Omni on the bottem

Cool teaser pics, lol

FYI, thanks to John @ RPI Racing and Mike Sarr @ Intertune T.V.

-Bert

Modified by BERT-O at 1:16 PM 6/30/2005
Old 06-29-2005, 01:19 PM
Mr. Badwrench

Default Re: Omni Clutch Master review w/ pics (BERT-O)

well i know what i am goin with when mine fails.
Old 06-29-2005, 01:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Omni Clutch Master review w/ pics (boostedcivicsir)

looks nice
Old 06-29-2005, 01:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Looks like another quality product
Old 06-29-2005, 02:05 PM
W95 gives me a hard-on

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so, does it do what is advertised to do? How are the quick shifts?
Old 06-29-2005, 02:11 PM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts

Larger diameter clutch master cylinder?

Got any links to the advertised benefits? I mean the Civic and Integra use the exact same part number clutch m/c, so in theory the Civic one should be able to support some pretty hefty clutches given that people with Civics and Integras run some crazy-*** clutch set-ups, myself included.

I went through a stock one in about 3 years because of the crazy-stiff pressure plates I've ran.
Old 06-29-2005, 02:21 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Default Re: Omni Clutch Master review w/ pics (B18C5-EH2)

ANOTHER OMNI REVIEW

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1411146

Modified by litterbox at 10:40 AM 1/9/2006
Old 06-29-2005, 02:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Omni Clutch Master review w/ pics (litterbox)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by litterbox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You didn't really explained how it changed feel or performance? Can you elaborate on that a little? How did the pedal feel change? etc..</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 06-29-2005, 02:47 PM
Honda-Tech Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Omni Clutch Master review w/ pics (kabaroo)

I wonder how stiff it would be when added to an XTSS setup
Old 06-29-2005, 03:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What exactly is the purpose of it?
Old 06-29-2005, 03:04 PM

Default Re: Omni Clutch Master review w/ pics (B18C5-EH2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18C5-EH2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Larger diameter clutch master cylinder?

Got any links to the advertised benefits? I mean the Civic and Integra use the exact same part number clutch m/c, so in theory the Civic one should be able to support some pretty hefty clutches given that people with Civics and Integras run some crazy-*** clutch set-ups, myself included.

I went through a stock one in about 3 years because of the crazy-stiff pressure plates I've ran.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have had it on my EM1 for about 4,000 miles w/ Stage2 (so called ) clutch. The pressure is there, but the amount you have to push on the pedal is very minimal. Literally have to push the clutch-pedal in 1/2" to engage the shift, which is nice for fast shifts. Kind of hard to get use too, but worth it in the end when you need that .2 of a second.
Thats my .02$.
Old 06-29-2005, 03:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Not to be harsh but the only thing I saw was pics. Are you going to do a review? How does it feel. How much shorter is the pedal travel? etc.
Old 06-29-2005, 03:12 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Default Re: Omni Clutch Master review w/ pics (jdmstylesi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdmstylesi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I have had it on my EM1 for about 4,000 miles w/ Stage2 (so called ) clutch. The pressure is there, but the amount you have to push on the pedal is very minimal. Literally have to push the clutch-pedal in 1/2" to engage the shift, which is nice for fast shifts. Kind of hard to get use too, but worth it in the end when you need that .2 of a second.
Thats my .02$.</TD></TR></TABLE>So the purpose of this is to reduce the amount of pedal travel needed to engage/disengage the clutch?
Old 06-29-2005, 03:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdmstylesi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Thats my .02$.</TD></TR></TABLE>

This answered my question.

How much?
Old 06-29-2005, 03:17 PM

Default Re: Omni Clutch Master review w/ pics (TheGeneral)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TheGeneral &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

How much?</TD></TR></TABLE>
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1259632
just pre-orders for now.
Old 06-29-2005, 03:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Awesomig, I'll go ahead a get one. I need to upgrade the clutch as well. I don't want to get a new one and stall out like a jackass.

Embarrassment
Old 06-29-2005, 03:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Omni Clutch Master review w/ pics (TheGeneral)

What's next? Performance slave cylinders?
Old 06-29-2005, 04:06 PM

uhh, where's the review?
Old 06-29-2005, 07:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (808_si)

Less pics....more review

Nice car tho
Old 06-29-2005, 08:16 PM

Default Re: (PhatAcuraIntegra)

sweet
Old 06-29-2005, 08:33 PM

Default Re: (chanhlemonlime)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by senpai &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What's next? Performance slave cylinders?</TD></TR></TABLE>
seriously how much quicker do you really need to push the clutch in. seems like another useless aftermarket product. i could see if yours is blown and you want something nice but i bet its pretty pricey i wouldnt replace it for kicks. notice theres no reveiw.
Old 06-29-2005, 08:55 PM

Default Re: (e jay one)

F*ck that.... Who did your paint job on the yellow hatch....
Old 06-30-2005, 04:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Omni Clutch Master review w/ pics (boostedcivicsir)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boostedcivicsir &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well i know what i am goin with when mine fails.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Giving that the OEM one retails for $116.77, which tend to last a good 50-60k before it starts leaking. Omni CMC are giving 5 year warranty on their piece. So it isn't a bad investment.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by foumer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so, does it do what is advertised to do? How are the quick shifts?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh yeah, I forgot to post that. I was in a hurry last nite when I did this. Yes, the quick shifts are alot faster. It took me a while to get used to my foot and arm in correct motion without grinding the gears. Again, tapping the clutch in a quick motion and going to gear just as fast as I wanted to do took me awhile but overall I was very pleased.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18C5-EH2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Larger diameter clutch master cylinder?

I went through a stock one in about 3 years because of the crazy-stiff pressure plates I've ran.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, large diameter but utlizes the same amount of fluid. Also, changes the clutch travel as well. As far as links, Kteller and a few others have it on their site(s) but are pre-order. Yes, Civic and Integra are the same. As of matter of fact, if you look at the pics, you will be surprised how closed these are similiar to the OEM exception of certain areas.

Bigger crazy clutch setups, I don't know from my experience. Don't anyone that has it since this is farily new right now. However, as you may know Tom, I run a stock OEM clutch. The one I have has roughly 50k on it, and no problems at all. (stock ITR btw). Yes, the clutch did increase a tad bit.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TheGeneral &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

How much?</TD></TR></TABLE>

MSRP is at $199, Kteller and others have it on pre-order status right now.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PhatAcuraIntegra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Less pics....more review

Nice car tho</TD></TR></TABLE>

I know, I f up when I first posted. <TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by e jay one &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
seriously how much quicker do you really need to push the clutch in. seems like another useless aftermarket product. i could see if yours is blown and you want something nice but i bet its pretty pricey i wouldnt replace it for kicks. notice theres no reveiw.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I felt the same way at first untill I tried it and got used it. Yes, it did in fact became alot quicker. As far as being a "useless aftermarket product", everyone has their own opinion. What may work for me may not work for others.

Pricy? Look at it this way, MSRP on a new OEM one is roughly $120, no warranty from the dealer (yes and no, but I would not warranty. Btw, Don't give me crap about OEM parts,lol, I've been doing OEM for 6 years now) Whereas a new Omni MSRP at $199 and offer a 5 year warranty. Don't know what would be a good deal to anyone?

and yes I did suck-a$$ on the review. Sorry people.
Old 06-30-2005, 04:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Purple_Civic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Purple_Civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">F*ck that.... Who did your paint job on the yellow hatch.... </TD></TR></TABLE>

lol, an old friend of mine, paint is like 6 years old too. Mustang Yellow, "Crome yellow".
Old 06-30-2005, 05:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

keep in mind it stiffens up the pedal!

Quick Reply: Omni Clutch Master review w/ pics