Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

OMG!OMG!OMG!!! This is driving me crazy, stupid electrical stuff!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 06:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OMG!OMG!OMG!!! This **** is driving me crazy, stupid electrical stuff!!!!

The setup:
Ok I swapped in a JDM b16a Sir-II into a 1993 civic coupe ex. I used the d16 engine harness as well as swapped the floorboard harness to a d16 which it was but i had earlier taken it out and sold it so i bought another one. And i am running a jdm p30 ecu.

The problem:
The headlights,tailights,dashboard lights, are constantly on the second the battery is hooked up. The wipers turn on when key is half turned. The speed,rev,temp, gauges all don't work as well as the radiator fan but i don't know about the fuel gauge or radiator fan, it could be either way. Car starts and drives and is currently throughing many cels.

What I already tried:
I checked ALL the wiring inside out. connectors all match up and are connected right, no frayed wires. All fuses fine. Disconnected connectors one side of engine harness and then other but the lights still stay on in other parts that i haven't cut off. hooked some stuff directly to battery and rad. fan works.

I can't figure this out. Any ideas would be asum, Thanks in advance.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:49 PM

Default Re: OMG!OMG!OMG!!! This **** is driving me crazy, stupid electrical stuff!!!! (93(Civic)EG6)

check the ground that runs to the tranny i had the same problem once when i did a swap and forgot to hook that ground back up
Old 10-20-2006, 07:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OMG!OMG!OMG!!! This **** is driving me crazy, stupid electrical stuff!!!! (.Red.EM2)

maybe try disconnecting everything espicially the battery and then redo it all after letting it sit if the problem still proceeds maybe a bad ecu or harness is mixed up
Old 10-20-2006, 07:08 PM

Default Re: OMG!OMG!OMG!!! This **** is driving me crazy, stupid electrical stuff!!!! (crawlin)

its not the ecu b/c i disconnected the ecu and the lights and wipers still had power and acted in this odd way, so i dont think its the ecu..damn this problem is probably somthing simple, DAMN!
Old 10-20-2006, 07:20 PM

Default Re: OMG!OMG!OMG!!! This **** is driving me crazy, stupid electrical stuff!!!! (asshat)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by asshat &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">check the ground that runs to the tranny i had the same problem once when i did a swap and forgot to hook that ground back up</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 10-20-2006, 07:29 PM
FAILWGN

Default Re: OMG!OMG!OMG!!! This **** is driving me crazy, stupid electrical stuff!!!! (asshat)

You didn't take your dash apart did you?
Old 10-20-2006, 07:47 PM

Default Re: OMG!OMG!OMG!!! This **** is driving me crazy, stupid electrical stuff!!!! (Blu99teg)

my dash is off but if u meant my gauge cluster then no. the gauge cluster is a jdm eg6 one. it worked fine back when i used to have the d16. but yes my dash is off to access all of my wires to try and find the problem
Old 10-20-2006, 07:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

check ground to tranny...same problem with mine when i swapped jdm gsr into my 95 civic ex.
Old 10-20-2006, 08:00 PM
FAILWGN

Default Re: OMG!OMG!OMG!!! This **** is driving me crazy, stupid electrical stuff!!!! (93(Civic)EG6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93(Civic)EG6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my dash is off but if u meant my gauge cluster then no. the gauge cluster is a jdm eg6 one. it worked fine back when i used to have the d16. but yes my dash is off to access all of my wires to try and find the problem</TD></TR></TABLE>

I know this is stupid but have you checked for shorts or anything? Maybe get a circuit tester that will find your wires for you?