Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Old CTR vs New CTR

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 11:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old CTR vs New CTR

I was wondering if there is any opinion of the new ep3 type R being better than the ek9 type R? The engine is obviously better but that isn't the only determining factor of course.
Old 08-06-2005, 04:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Old CTR vs New CTR (Kaji)

My opinion the ep3 is prolly faster straight line due to the k20 powerplant but everything else including looks will be edged toward the ek9
Old 08-06-2005, 04:46 AM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Old CTR vs New CTR (Jonovision)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jonovision &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My opinion the ep3 is prolly faster straight line due to the k20 powerplant but everything else including looks will be edged toward the ek9</TD></TR></TABLE>

If I didn't have to be at work in ten minutes I'd tell you exactly why you're an idiot. I guess you'll have to deal with that little preview instead. But let me just mention a couple of things: brakes, handling, interior space, amenities, lap times.

You do the math.
Old 08-06-2005, 05:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Old CTR vs New CTR (Archidictus)

whatever ***,i dont own the 2 cars so i gave a very general opinion.its not like no one else can post to go more in depth with the advantages of the 2 cars.its too bad H-T is getting infested with 16 yr old punks like you
Old 08-06-2005, 05:18 AM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OH SNAP!
Old 08-06-2005, 05:18 AM
Risky Business

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

Hahahah...you called Arch a 16 year old punk....hahahahhahah.

Honestly, think about it. Honda took everything about the EK9 and made it better, the EP3 is the newer model so obviously its going to outperform the older model in every way.
Old 08-06-2005, 05:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Old CTR vs New CTR (BauleyCivic)

too bad it's ugly when compared to the ek9.
Old 08-06-2005, 09:28 AM

Default Re: Old CTR vs New CTR (llxzxll)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by llxzxll &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">too bad it's ugly when compared to the ek9. </TD></TR></TABLE>

It should still be an awesome car.

-Shane
Old 08-06-2005, 10:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Old CTR vs New CTR (nighttrain33)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nighttrain33 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

It should still be an awesome car.

-Shane</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 08-06-2005, 05:34 PM

i like the ep3, too bad its a little heavier than the ek9
Old 08-06-2005, 05:41 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jonovision &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">whatever ***,i dont own the 2 cars so i gave a very general opinion.its not like no one else can post to go more in depth with the advantages of the 2 cars.its too bad H-T is getting infested with 16 yr old punks like you</TD></TR></TABLE>

I can't even respond to this with anything approximating constructive criticism or even amicability. You made a stupid statement and I called you out on it. Is it really logical for you to get all butthurt about it at me when you're the one who opened the can in the first place?
Old 08-06-2005, 05:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (davenavarro1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by davenavarro1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i like the ep3, too bad its a little heavier than the ek9</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'd still rock one if someone gave me an EP3R. Hell, I'd rock an EK9 as well.
Old 08-06-2005, 07:50 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jonovision &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">whatever ***,i dont own the 2 cars so i gave a very general opinion.its not like no one else can post to go more in depth with the advantages of the 2 cars.its too bad H-T is getting infested with 16 yr old punks like you</TD></TR></TABLE> hahah wtf u have been a member for not even a day lol and ur sayin how h-t is gettin infested by 16 yr old punks give it up u got served..wait till uve been here for longer till u start talkin **** or better yet dont talk **** at all
Old 08-06-2005, 07:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

to bauley civic, wtf??? newer equals better???? that is a deffinate negatory. not always does the new product beat out the old, lmao, "infested with 16 year olds" lol nice choice of words....??
Old 08-06-2005, 08:00 PM

new ctr is mo bettah
Old 08-06-2005, 09:10 PM

Default Re: Old CTR vs New CTR (llxzxll)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by llxzxll &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">too bad it's ugly when compared to the ek9. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 08-07-2005, 06:06 AM
Risky Business

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Re: (eg64u)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eg64u &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">to bauley civic, wtf??? newer equals better???? that is a deffinate negatory. not always does the new product beat out the old, lmao, "infested with 16 year olds" lol nice choice of words....??</TD></TR></TABLE>

Give me an example of when a newer product is shittier than the old product. It's common ******* sense. It might not be as good in comparison to the other products around it, making it seem worse...but it is really not. That's the point of a new model, to offer a newer/better design than the predecessor, otherwise there would be no point in producing new cars...we'd still be driving Model-T's around.
Old 08-07-2005, 07:44 AM
AVA
Sláinte

Default Re: (BauleyCivic)

http://homepage.mac.com/chibia...e.wmv

EP3 is alot faster, but I would take an EK9 over it anyday, I hate the new styling.
Old 08-07-2005, 10:24 AM
D-series ninja

Default Re: (^Jae)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ^Jae &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

EP3 is alot faster, but I would take an EK9 over it anyday, I hate the new styling.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i like the new minivans hahahaha
Old 08-07-2005, 11:08 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (D-series ninja)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BauleyCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Give me an example of when a newer product is shittier than the old product. It's common ******* sense. It might not be as good in comparison to the other products around it, making it seem worse...but it is really not. That's the point of a new model, to offer a newer/better design than the predecessor, otherwise there would be no point in producing new cars...we'd still be driving Model-T's around.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'd have to agree with Bauley on this one. It's true just about all of the time. Why else would they make a newer model? Companies pay engineers big money to come up with something bigger and better. So what if the styling is to your liking. Chances are it is to other people.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jonovision &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">whatever ***,i dont own the 2 cars so i gave a very general opinion.its not like no one else can post to go more in depth with the advantages of the 2 cars.its too bad H-T is getting infested with 16 yr old punks like you</TD></TR></TABLE>

You sir... are a dumb ***. I bet you're the 16 yr old punk here. If you're not, you sure do act like one.
Old 08-07-2005, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

performance wise the ep3 will own the ek9, however, i love the smooth exteriors of 6th gens.
Old 08-07-2005, 11:35 AM

Default Re: (EBPimpSi)

I choose performance over style ANY day. EP3R is a simple choice....more power, more brakes, better handling, K series is WAY more responsive to tuning.

Bottom line....the EP3R is a better car.
Old 08-07-2005, 12:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (xEnderx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ^Jae &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">http://homepage.mac.com/chibia...e.wmv

EP3 is alot faster, but I would take an EK9 over it anyday, I hate the new styling.</TD></TR></TABLE>

What cars are those in that video. EP3, EK9, Integra Type R, and RSX-S but what r the differences between our cars and those in japan. Is that EP3 our civic Si or in japan do they have a better motor? Same with the Integra and RSX. The EK9 Has a b16? All those cars were stock? Great Video!
Old 08-07-2005, 12:25 PM

Default Re: (xEnderx)

apples and oranges my friends, apples and oranges .... stop bickering
Old 08-07-2005, 12:45 PM

Default Re: (jax si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jax si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">apples and oranges my friends, apples and oranges .... stop bickering </TD></TR></TABLE>

No its not....the bottom line is that the new CTR our performs all the other R series cars.

Quick Reply: Old CTR vs New CTR