Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

ok thanks to the sticky over top i JUST figuredo ut what my CEL lights were...need a little help.

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 06:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ok thanks to the sticky over top i JUST figuredo ut what my CEL lights were...need a little help.

ok i shorted out the connector.. turned the car into the on position it threw 2 codes.
5 short...and 2 long and 1 short so i got a..

code 5=MAP sensor
code 21=Vtec Spool Selenoid Valve

now this is really cool.. im so stupid and didnt look at the post earlier.. but i mean im soo not a mechanic.. i have to have someone hold my hand but i am trying. lol the map sensor..would that cause my car not to idle right? i looked up a search and it said it was ON the throttle body.. so i mean that could be causing this..( i posted this video before) but now im a almost certain thats whats causing it to do this..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KMkRGVoTsp8

the other is the vtec selenoid valve.. now that could be the problem as to why im not hittin vtec.. could it? i just wish i knew more as to how they are wired and stuff.. cause im just afraid if i replace this part.. its still not going to work maybe because the guy who done the swap didnt wire the vtec properly. but.. how would anyone of u all go about checking these things and if u was a greenhorn at torubleshooting these things.. i live in eastern ky. trust me the mechanics here wouldnt know how to even start on this b16a motor. any info i would GREATLY appreciate.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:08 AM

Default Re: ok thanks to the sticky over top i JUST figuredo ut what my CEL lights were...need a little help

sorr for the quick bump but i went outside and looked.. and im pretty sure now the guy who done the swap on the car did do a good job.. cause by the looks of it.. he wired it up and the car DID hit vtec at one time.. cause i peeled back some of the loom and i seen heatshrink. soooo id say all it is IS my selenoid valve.. cause i read if this sensor goes out UR car will not engage into vtec. is it common for these sensors to go out?
see look...

so i mean the selenoid is WIRED to somethin lol... the wires jsut aint danglin around there.

and i think i just wanna make sure this IS my MAP sensor right?

i would LOVE for someone to help me on this
Old 08-13-2007, 07:11 AM

Default Re: ok thanks to the sticky over top i JUST figuredo ut what my CEL lights were...need a little help

sorr for the quick bump but i went outside and looked.. and im pretty sure now the guy who done the swap on the car did do a good job.. cause by the looks of it.. he wired it up and the car DID hit vtec at one time.. cause i peeled back some of the loom and i seen heatshrink. soooo id say all it is IS my selenoid valve.. cause i read if this sensor goes out UR car will not engage into vtec. is it common for these sensors to go out?
see look...

so i mean the selenoid is WIRED to somethin lol... the wires jsut aint danglin around there.

and i think i just wanna make sure this IS my MAP sensor right?

i would LOVE for someone to help me on this