Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

ok screw sohc what will it take to hit 13's street tires n/a...

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2002, 09:50 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ok screw sohc what will it take to hit 13's street tires n/a...

Iam not to likly to go h22a because of all the **** people talk about it. What is my best bet for my goal. I have a 92 cx and want to be able to hit mid to low 13's on street tires n/a and it has to be a daily driver.... C1 or C5...but if I spend the money for the c5 wont I have to change alot of the stuff that makes it better than the c1 in the first place. Like port and polish head..cams..higher compression pistons..would I be better off getting a c1 with a c5 tranny??? I also dont want to go lsvtec or crvtec cause they havent been around long enough to prove their reliabilty. Really, thanks for the help...i know I post topics like this alot...but nothing really seems to match the question I have on the search and its a ton of money that I dont want to invest in wrong.

Troy
Old 07-28-2002, 10:15 PM
New User

Default Re: ok screw sohc what will it take to hit 13's street tires n/a... (Halive)

really... high...mid??? what would it take for low 12's if 13's are that easy???
Old 07-28-2002, 10:54 PM
New User

Default Re: ok screw sohc what will it take to hit 13's street tires n/a... (Halive)

up
Old 07-28-2002, 10:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

First, how much you wanna spend?

That B18C5 is gonna cost between $4500-$6000 installed.

Saw a '94 GSR w/ boost hit 10's all day at the track. Don't know the other mods though.
Old 07-28-2002, 11:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ok screw sohc what will it take to hit 13's street tires n/a... (buster13)

u can get a cx into 13s sohc..all motor
Old 07-28-2002, 11:09 PM

dude, what's wrong with an h22? I plan on swapping in one in my car soon. everyone talks sh*$ about how h22 civics won't handle for crap, but the handling with the swap actually isn't that bad. I mean it won't handle as well as with b series, but with the right suspension setup it will still handle nicely. plus i think all that extra torque can make up for the handling. with a stock h22 you should be into the 13s with street tires, as long as you can get traction.
Old 07-28-2002, 11:13 PM
New User

yah I know what the c5 is gonna be installed. Its gonna be about 6 g's for me thats why Iam saying if Iam gonna be getting(all in theory right now after I get the swap I wont be getting much for a while) skunk2 stage 2 cams (all valve train **** as well) aem cai, jg header, skunk2 exhaust, maybe jg intake mani, would like to have portflow port and polish my head, hondata tunned, all the fueling crap Ill need, ats final drive, new clutch, flywheel,

Here is the question though...ok say I get a c5 and want to run skunk2 stage 2 cams will I need to raise the compression to get the most out of these cams?? If so would ctr pistons be enough?? So what Iam saying is am I waisting money if eventually Iam putting in new cams that will in turn make me put in new pistons...yada yada yada...I can get a c1 installed for 5 g's which is alot.

Another thing that Iam not sure about is if I will be happy with the 13's and just stop after simple i/h/e cams. The fastest car(sadly enough) I have ever driven was the ex coupe(which also sadly enough didnt seem as slow as it really was) listed in my sig...and that thing was most likly high 16's I cant imagine what 13's would feel like. Will there be a big difference???

well any who if you dont get what Iam trying to say please say so

Thanks again
Troy
Old 07-28-2002, 11:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

really... high...mid??? what would it take for low 12's if 13's are that easy???
B18C5 + some kind of boost + slicks = low 12's
It all depends though, you can't just get all that stuff right away and expect to hit low 12's. It just doesn't work that way. And 13's really aint that easy, or cheap.
Old 07-28-2002, 11:17 PM

Default Re: ok screw sohc what will it take to hit 13's street tires n/a... (ProjectCX)

dude, what's wrong with an h22? I plan on swapping in one in my car soon. everyone talks sh*$ about how h22 civics won't handle for crap, but the handling with the swap actually isn't that bad. I mean it won't handle as well as with b series, but with the right suspension setup it will still handle nicely. plus i think all that extra torque can make up for the handling. with a stock h22 you should be into the 13s with street tires, as long as you can get traction.
wait til your car steers you straight into a wall
Old 07-28-2002, 11:20 PM
HT White Ops

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: ok screw sohc what will it take to hit 13's street tires n/a... (JaeOne3345)

u can get a cx into 13s sohc..all motor
We've already been down that road:

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=234320

This guy is slappin' his Johnson too much...
Old 07-28-2002, 11:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ok screw sohc what will it take to hit 13's street tires n/a... (97hb)

Oh yeah, and some one on this board with an h22 + i/h/e + slicks went into the 12's. I think that is pretty impressive.
Old 07-28-2002, 11:39 PM
New User

slapping my johnson too much....most likly but hey it is alot of money when your 19 and make 9.5 an hour.......sorry for asking too many questions I just dont want to find out 5 grand down the road I made the wrong choice.....
Old 07-28-2002, 11:46 PM
HT White Ops

j/k bro! Ask away...

BTW, listen to me on this; you haven't listened to anything else. Spend $20 and go buy this book. It'll show you how to make all the right decisions on how to build a modded CiViC, using the "build by subtraction" method. It's a !!!MUST READ!!! for all CiViC builders:

Civic Duty: The Ultimate Guide to the World's Most Popular Sport Compact Car - the Honda Civic
Old 07-28-2002, 11:54 PM
New User

just wondering you say I can get a sohc in a cx to do 13's allmotor on streettires then what would you to do accomplish that....just wondering...cause in my other post no one really said what needed to be done to make it happen and at the end it turned into a just get some nos bullshit so I made another post....
Old 07-28-2002, 11:59 PM
HT White Ops

just wondering you say I can get a sohc in a cx to do 13's allmotor on streettires then what would you to do accomplish that...
I assume your 'talking' to that other guy. Can I ask you something? In almost every post you say you want to do 13-sec 1/4s on street tires. First of all, why do you want to do 13s in your car, and secondly, why do you want to do 13s on street tires? I don't get it... are you planning on robbing a bank or something???
Old 07-29-2002, 12:07 AM
New User

bank....no.....gas station...j/k....hmmm why do I want 13's on street tires...well first off I know of a bunch of people around here that can run high 12's low 13's on slicks but get ******* murdered by a stock z28 on the street in a 1/4 run... they spin right throw first and second...I dont want a car that is just fast at the track with slicks I want a car that is fast when ever and where ever... and Iam thinking mid 13's would be fast enough for me(or at least I really hope so)..

Ok I know this is a stupid question but Iam actually interested.Ok like I said before the fastest car I have driven in my old ex that I got rid of... that is most likly around high 16's...would a mid 13 second car seem a lot faster... I ask this for two reasons..first is I hope it does cause Ill be content with it and not waste more of my money that should be going tward me getting ready to get married and secondly one of my friends that I used to work with has a zc powerd hatch. He says it runs a 14.1 on street tires. It is all motor. He also says every part in the engine is mugen(which I find weird I have never seen or heard of any parts they make for that engine) but his car barly seems faster than mine. He also runs a beat to hell dc header you think if you would fork out the money for the internals you would get a better header. So what do you think

Troy
Old 07-29-2002, 12:10 AM
New User

oh sorry I didnt finish your answer. Another reason why I want my car to be fast is because I ******* oh wait let me make that clear ******* ******* hate kids with there ex's(well kinda like my old setup but I had bigger and better plans for it untill I got my hatch) with just an exhaust or intake...that think they have a vette and drive like ****....I want to be able to hold my own when I need to and not be scared to race ever car that doesnt have clear tail lights....get my point???
Old 07-29-2002, 12:28 AM
HT White Ops

I see where you're coming from now, but there's always going to be someone faster. That's the biggest problem I see with what you're trying to do. And, it looks like you're also seeking some sort of social reinforcement of your ideas, both here, with your friends, and even driving down the road. I don't get that either.

When you see a bunch of cars going down the road, you have to realize everyone wants to be at the front of the line, but that'll never happen, you know? There is no front to the line, and no back. If you feel like you're always at the back and everyone else is in front, I don't think a 13-sec CiViC is going to fix the problem. That's coming from within you.

Okay, you can pay the receptionist on your way out...