Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

OK I need help! Well my friend needs help and he's to stubborn to post. B16A2 HEADERS

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 07:55 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OK I need help! Well my friend needs help and he's to stubborn to post. B16A2 HEADERS

And this isnt one of those my friend is me sorta things for starters. I dont even own a honda but i made an account cause his *** is to stubborn and keeps wasting money!

He has a 2000 Civic Si. B16A2 Motor
He bought an Apexi Exhaust off ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3AIT&viewitem=

he also bought this header
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3AIT&viewitem=

And another header before that from Top Speed.

The one he bought from Top Speed he couldnt get to fit cause of this thing here.. idk what it is. Master Clutch Cylinder i think??

NOT HIS MOTOR BTW. Just a picture i found on google to show you what it was hitting.

So then he bought the ebay header and it wouldnt fit his cat. Said it was too big.

NOW he wants to buy a 3rd header he found on Ebay. he hasnt sent me the link. I think he may be mildly retarded for doing the such. I told him to just buy something that is a sure fire fit instead of ebay crap.

BASICALLY what i'm asking is there anyway to get around that master clutch cylinder? If not what kinda header should he buy? He wants to go cheap. I dont know why but w/e.

BTW He took off his skunk 2 coilovers and put eibach springs on.. beyond me why

Last edited by Rosie684; 04-13-2009 at 08:02 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: OK I need help! Well my friend needs help and he's to stubborn to post. B16A2 HEA

Your friend is an idiot. Why do you care so much about his car if he doesnt even care? lol let him buy 10 headers if he wants.

Anyways, are you guys sure youre installing it right? That piece looks like its a bit too far to be conflicting with a header.

If it doesnt fit his cat, then he probably has some aftermarket custom work there and now NONE of those headers on eBay will fit. He will have to get his current header, and have a muffler shop shorten his exhaust set up to fit the header.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OK I need help! Well my friend needs help and he's to stubborn to post. B16A2 HEA

EPIC FAIL.......that is all
Old 04-13-2009, 08:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm sorry but you're friend is pretty dumb. All the money he is wasting on headers he could have bought a decent one by now. That thing in the way is the clutch slave cylinder, why the header is hitting that is beyond me.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Supposedly with the like 6 different B16s out there, not all headers are compatible for that very reason. Is your friend stupid? Yes. Is there a header that actually will fit? There should be. Also, why doesn't he just call up someplace that makes good headers and ask if they have one that will fit?
Old 04-14-2009, 02:48 AM
New User

yea i have no idea why he doesnt do any of this. As to why its hitting the slave cylinder idk. The left pipe comes down and the bleeder valve at the end wont let it fit.... I told him the exact same thing about spending all this money he coulda got something decent by now. As for getting GOOD headers he doesnt want to cause he plans on dropping $600+ on sp,e in a couple years cause he says he's gunna put a turbo in it. As for me caring about it... well it is one of my good friends and its annoying me cause i have to keep using my ebay/paypal account to buy his garbage cause his paypal is frozen for some reason. Plus he does have a clean si with like 16k miles on it.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:36 PM
New User

Wow what i heard was true. Seems that everyone on honda-tech is bunch of **** scabs. Back to my subaru boards.

STI > all Honda
Old 04-15-2009, 01:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Rosie684
Wow what i heard was true. Seems that everyone on honda-tech is bunch of **** scabs. Back to my subaru boards.

STI > all Honda
fail x2