Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Oil light problems Help/Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2005, 02:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil light problems Help/Suggestions

I'm not sure if this is a bad thing, but when Im braking moderately hard to hard the oil light flashes on, I'm not leaking any oil, block is in the breaking in process, and I've got no leaks whatsoever. I'm not really too sure what to do since my oil level is just fine, I've also installed a baffled oil pan when i assembled the block and the oil light still flashes under hard braking. dont know what else to do, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
Old 02-25-2005, 02:39 PM

Default Re: Oil light problems Help/Suggestions (L33T)

if i had to guess its all the oil in the pan sloshing to the front and robbing the oil pump of oil so the oil light would come on detecting low oil pressure.

again just my educated opinion.
Old 02-25-2005, 03:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Oil light problems Help/Suggestions (NA_95d16z6)

yea that would cause it. just over fill your oil. and continue to check it especially during the break in period.
Old 02-25-2005, 04:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Oil light problems Help/Suggestions (sohcvtec1995)

Hey, while were on this topic. Just resently my oil pres. light has stayed on (when starting up my car) for a split second longer than before. It all started after changing my dizzy. I do not see how this problem would be related. Maybe the oil that came out when removing/installing it made my oil level low? Not a lot came out anyways. Can a low oil level do this? It only comes on for no longer than a second. It is just weird, that it stays on longer than my battery light lately (right after the dizzy change). If someone could shine some light on whether this is a problem or normal would be great.
Old 02-25-2005, 04:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Oil light problems Help/Suggestions (Bond)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bond &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey, while were on this topic. Just resently my oil pres. light has stayed on (when starting up my car) for a split second longer than before. It all started after changing my dizzy. I do not see how this problem would be related. Maybe the oil that came out when removing/installing it made my oil level low? Not a lot came out anyways. Can a low oil level do this? It only comes on for no longer than a second. It is just weird, that it stays on longer than my battery light lately (right after the dizzy change). If someone could shine some light on whether this is a problem or normal would be great.</TD></TR></TABLE>
yes. common sense says "if oil came out, check level and add if needed"
Old 02-25-2005, 04:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sohcvtec1995 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
yes. common sense says "if oil came out, check level and add if needed"</TD></TR></TABLE>

Alright. Thanks for the witty remark. But do you have any idea as to why it would be so sensative? Like I said before, there really was not a lot of oil that came out.
Old 02-25-2005, 04:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you would be surprised on how much could have came out. Also did you replace the o ring thats in there?
Old 02-25-2005, 04:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I got a rebuilt distributor that came with a brand new o-ring. The old o-ring was so old and worn out that it just slipped on and off really easy. It was actually the origonal dizzy. The new one was actually a lot harder to put on. The only way for me to get it to go in, was to line up the tabs and start bolting it down in a star patern. I also have been checking under the dizzy over the last few days and there is no oil leakage.

Oh and I did put a little oil on the o-ring before installation.
Old 02-27-2005, 02:32 PM

****, damn it damn it damnit, I was driving yesterday to get some food and i thought i'd be a smart *** and rev it up a little bit see what my enginecan do. I downshifted and floored it, everything was fine up until i saw alot of smoke coming out of my engine bay and shifter. I turned off my car and coasted into a parking lot. called up my gf to bring me all the oil that i bought earlier (1 case), i filled it up and started it up and foudn taht the leak was coming form the damn greddy oil filter adapter. i tried tighten it with my hands but no luck, I wasted 7 quarts of oil trying to find the damn leak. my car still starts up just fine except for the fact that im gushing oil my oil within seconds **** **** ****. Hopefully i didnt mess up anything in my engine. I was still in the breakin process......
Old 02-28-2005, 05:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Oil light problems Help/Suggestions (L33T)

Dude, that sucks. Man I think I found out was wrong with my DX. I think the fuel pump is going. It's a real bitch to start up now (crank for like 4 sec.). Good luck with fixing your car
Old 02-28-2005, 05:59 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by L33T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">****, damn it damn it damnit, I was driving yesterday to get some food and i thought i'd be a smart *** and rev it up a little bit see what my enginecan do. I downshifted and floored it, everything was fine up until i saw alot of smoke coming out of my engine bay and shifter. I turned off my car and coasted into a parking lot. called up my gf to bring me all the oil that i bought earlier (1 case), i filled it up and started it up and foudn taht the leak was coming form the damn greddy oil filter adapter. i tried tighten it with my hands but no luck, I wasted 7 quarts of oil trying to find the damn leak. my car still starts up just fine except for the fact that im gushing oil my oil within seconds **** **** ****. Hopefully i didnt mess up anything in my engine. I was still in the breakin process......</TD></TR></TABLE>

Uh, dumb question, but if the oil filter adapter is leaking.........why not just remove and screw the filter onto the block? I mean, call me crazy, but it just might work.