Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Oil Filled Distributor cap, Continued.

Old 01-17-2003, 06:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Filled Distributor cap, Continued.

Okay, so I went in search of the elusive O-ring for the Dizzy on my 93 D15B7 (Did I finally get the engine code right? 16 Valve... Too much crap covering the code on the block. Will degrease after I fix the oil leak...)

Neither CarQuest, Advance Auto Parts, nor Pep Boys had a listing for the O-Ring for the distributor that I need... One place had the one that goes around the distributor housing where it fits into the cylinder head, but I think I need the one that goes around the shaft. I was just going to replace them both anyhow...

Does anyone know the size of the O-ring so I can just get a generic one? Does it have a part number?

I still have to try a local specialty import parts place (Olympic Imported Auto Parts) and the Honda Dealer.

Also, Any tips on disassembling the distributor, once I get it off the cylinder head? I'd assume it's fairly straight forward, but Just in case...

I'm actually getting sick of removing the distributor cap to dump out the oil and scrape the crap off the cap electrodes and tip of the rotor every time the car seems extra sluggish. I have to do it once every couple of weeks, but It's not going to get any better, and it'll probably get really bad during the summer when the oil is hot and runny.

Thanks in advance
Old 01-17-2003, 06:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Oil Filled Distributor cap, Continued. (Pele)

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...y5=DISTRIBUTOR
Old 01-17-2003, 07:14 AM

Default Re: Oil Filled Distributor cap, Continued. (Pele)

usually in the back of the parts store there is a section of red boxed misc parts called Motormite or minimite or something like that, that will have a box of random o-ring gaskets. Just buy a box, they only cost like 2 or 3 bucks.
Old 01-17-2003, 07:49 AM

Default Re: Oil Filled Distributor cap, Continued. (DirtySohcs)

if you are getting oil inside the distributor the shaft seal is leaking you have two options, buy a new dist. sub-assy. or take your distributor apart take the seal out and see if napa,carquest,autozone etc. can cross over the seal # the seal is available from honda but it comes with a distributor around it . be careful not to mess up the seal if you take it out because they may not be able to cross over the #