oil drain valve who has one

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 11:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil drain valve who has one

what you think

Old 09-20-2005, 11:44 PM

is there something that locks the valve from opening? Otherwise that would be bad news..driving and it opening by itself somehow.
Old 09-20-2005, 11:46 PM

Default Re: (jeffk182)

Who's that damn lazy??
Old 09-20-2005, 11:47 PM
Will you make something up for me please?

Default Re: (jeffk182)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jeffk182 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">is there something that locks the valve from opening? Otherwise that would be bad news..driving and it opening by itself somehow.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Very true. Or someone just turning the valve and draining your oil. But then, if there was a lock on it, you might as well not have a valve at all because it would take as long to remove the lock as to unbolt the 17mm bolt.

I think it's useless. It would do more harm than good.
Old 09-21-2005, 12:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (shamoo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by shamoo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I think it's useless. It would do more harm than good.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 09-21-2005, 12:59 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by shamoo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

/thread
Old 09-21-2005, 05:10 AM

its not like it takes any effort to just take the bolt out, plus you arent changing the oil every week.
Old 09-21-2005, 05:11 AM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (BROKE.eg)

I must say, I wouldn't mind having it, but there are too many things that could go wrong that make it not worth it at all.
Old 09-21-2005, 05:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (litterbox)

this piece would give you even less ground clearance hanging off the back of the oil pan.

Can you imagine bashing this on the ground/speedbump/pothole???

Would be good for a catchcan though.
Old 09-21-2005, 05:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

wait until you bottom out and snap that thing out of your oil pan
Old 09-21-2005, 06:01 AM

I think it's pointless unless you need to change your oil 5 times a day.
Old 09-21-2005, 06:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

it appears this does have a lock position
when its locked it sits down in a little notch cut out, there for to open it u have to lift it up and turn, u cant open it wiht just turning, i was thinking about trying this out, something similar, my car is not near as long, and it doesnt stick out too low, doesnt seem bad to me, seem slike it would stick out about an inch and that is still enugg clearance bkuz teh regular drain plug sticks out only like 1/2 inch and its no where near the ground
Old 09-21-2005, 06:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (ironcheftony)

For starters, I don't really see this being a ground clearance issue, enpecially considering the stock exhaust manifold would hang lower than this.

As for it being something I would invest in, I definately would not. I will trust a bolt that needs to be opend with a wrench rather than a valve that opens with a flick of a finger.
Old 09-21-2005, 06:54 AM
Imperious: Mod of Valor

Very true. Or someone just turning the valve and draining your oil. But then, if there was a lock on it, you might as well not have a valve at all because it would take as long to remove the lock as to unbolt the 17mm bolt.

Old 09-21-2005, 07:34 AM

Default Re: (JDM-EJ1)

you guys are idiots it doesnt open with the "flick of a finger" it sits in a notch and u have to lift and than twist and its double selaed i have been using one for 3 years now and my cars has a no finger gap and i have had no problems....i change my oil once a month and this things great take 2 minutes to drain oil and its less messy the old oil plan bolt always fell into the bucket of old oil...this is much easier and takes less tipe and i will never strip the pan....and it also came with a ectra security clamp thingy that i havent used....trust me it doesnt just come lose. i live in boston and i have been through more snow than u can imagine and potholes and all. i have yet to have a problem after 3 years. i paid $25 and i would do it again. to open it you have to lift and twist it cant open by itslef at all. and it doesnt leak becuase its double sealed. .....idiots.
Old 09-21-2005, 07:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (5thgencivicr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 5thgencivicr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you guys are idiots it doesnt open with the "flick of a finger" it sits in a notch and u have to lift and than twist and its double selaed i have been using one for 3 years now and my cars has a no finger gap and i have had no problems....i change my oil once a month and this things great take 2 minutes to drain oil and its less messy the old oil plan bolt always fell into the bucket of old oil...this is much easier and takes less tipe and i will never strip the pan....and it also came with a ectra security clamp thingy that i havent used....trust me it doesnt just come lose. i live in boston and i have been through more snow than u can imagine and potholes and all. i have yet to have a problem after 3 years. i paid $25 and i would do it again. to open it you have to lift and twist it cant open by itslef at all. and it doesnt leak becuase its double sealed. .....idiots.</TD></TR></TABLE>

spell check sir... and weur tha ideiots riugt
Old 09-21-2005, 07:42 AM

Default Re: (neutron91)

ill spell how i want im at work and dont have time to spell check. anyway i just hate how people are soo quick to judge a product when they havent tested it or seen tests done. and if u hate my spelling so much you fix it.
Old 09-21-2005, 07:42 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 5thgencivicr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you guys are idiots</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm not going to go any further into your post than this. How are we idiots? We like a little more safety for the life blood of our engines than a valve that you can open with your finger. Don't say that it is not a flick of the finger because it might as well be. I see no effort involved in opening this valve so I see no safety in it. I don't care how many times it is sealed. You sir are theidiot for believing everything you read online.
Old 09-21-2005, 07:44 AM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Default Re: (JDM-97CX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 5thgencivicr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">....i change my oil once a month and this things great take 2 minutes to drain oil and its less messy the old oil plan bolt always fell into the bucket of old oil....</TD></TR></TABLE>That reason alone for getting this product is idiotic. Learn how to use 2 hands.
Old 09-21-2005, 07:47 AM

dude i have one i cant flick it open nomatter how hard i try. mine also came with a snap ring that i dont even need to use the thing is tight to you have to lift aboue a quarter inch and thatn twist.im not saying but one but your an idiot for thinking you can flick it open. i like the fact i dont have to get as dirty as i did picking through an oily bucket. this is easy and safe. idiots.
Old 09-21-2005, 07:49 AM

i never needed 2 hands when i had the stock plug.....you sir are a *****. 2 hands :lol: im just playing guys i do not own this product nor would i want to. lol i did a search on google and got some info on it. i do have a oem magnetic drain plug though.
Old 09-21-2005, 07:49 AM
I am a (Trial User) Army

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 5thgencivicr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i like the fact i dont have to get as dirty as i did picking through an oily bucket. this is easy and safe. </TD></TR></TABLE>Who's fault is that?
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 5thgencivicr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">idiot.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 09-21-2005, 07:50 AM

read my last post...i do not own this product. lol
Old 09-21-2005, 07:51 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 5thgencivicr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dude i have one i cant flick it open nomatter how hard i try. mine also came with a snap ring that i dont even need to use the thing is tight to you have to lift aboue a quarter inch and thatn twist.im not saying but one but your an idiot for thinking you can flick it open. i like the fact i dont have to get as dirty as i did picking through an oily bucket. this is easy and safe. idiots.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You are the moron for dropping a drain pulg in the drain pan. I don't get any oil on me when I change it.

Do you open this vlave with your fingers? Can you unscrew a drain plug with your fingers? Which is safer?

All in all you are a fat lazy **** that knows nothing about cars and your only reasoning is that we are idiots. YOu assume that none of us have ever seen one of these before and I would like to point out right now that assumtion is the root of all **** ups. For that, you sir are the idiot. Now crawl back into your cave and never come back you worthless troll.
Old 09-21-2005, 07:52 AM
I am a (Trial User) Army

EDIT: You beat me to it.

Quick Reply: oil drain valve who has one