Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Oh My god..I Have a really troublesome question...

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2003, 07:02 PM
EckoTech

Default Oh My god..I Have a really troublesome question...

I have a 92 CX, with stock radiator and everything...BUT...i told the people to take out my AC when they did the LS swap..They Took everything out...Lines, Fan, all of it...but thing is..when its cold and i wanna put the heat on..NOTHING COMES OUT!! no air..nuthing..nor hot or cold, doesn't even switch on!! what the **** should i do?and another thing, say i want to get AC back...do i get the CX AC ,or the LS AC???damnit! i hate my car....thanks in advance!
Old 01-02-2003, 03:12 PM
EckoTech

Default Re: Oh My god..I Have a really troublesome question... (EckoTech)

anyone know anything??
Old 01-02-2003, 03:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Take it back to the shop that did it.. no heat?? Thats not right at all..
Maybe they misunderstood you and removed the heater core or somethin..
Old 01-02-2003, 03:29 PM
EckoTech

Default Re: Oh My god..I Have a really troublesome question... (ride_with_me)

well..there is no air movement at all..what could it be, a fuse? or something?
Old 01-02-2003, 03:32 PM

i had no heat hooked up on my car...boy was that a big mistake (it was near winter and we GET snow).

In anycase it turned out to be a hose....it all works fine now.
Old 01-02-2003, 03:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

it could be a fuse. Check your fuses below the dash. Does the light for the heater button come on?

oops. I just saw that you said the light for the button doesnt come on. I had the same problem with my A/C . I pressed the button and nothing happen, the lights didnt even turn on. It turned out to be a blown fuse. Mine was located in the underdash fuse box. I dont know where the fuse is located on a 92-95. If thats not the problem check to see if you actually have the heat core in the car.

[Modified by Dominican_Kid, 4:43 PM 1/2/2003]
Old 01-02-2003, 03:45 PM
EckoTech

Default Re: Oh My god..I Have a really troublesome question... (Dominican_Kid)

this may be a dumb question, but what the hell is a heat core? what does it look like, and whre is it located?
Old 01-02-2003, 04:03 PM
H-T Poker champion

the control for the fan might be broken.. that actual stick that you move to turn the fan on and off.. it might be stuck at off.. try slipping a screw driver in there and trying to move it then.. It's not uncommon for the sliders to come off or break.. It's worth a shot!
Old 01-02-2003, 04:13 PM
In The Garage

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Oh My god..I Have a really troublesome question... (Hatchy-Ownzjo0)

the heater core is basically a radiator inside your car. its under the pass. dash and it blows air through a radiator which coolant runs through to heat up your car (thats why if your **** freezes in the winter because of no anti-freeze in your system, your heater core can bust and you get coolant in your floorboard). and so you know, civics have a 1/2 size radiator and a 1/2 size a/c condensor side by side. integras have a full size radiator and a full size a/c condensor, one in front of the other (the a/c condensor being in front of the radiator). it sounds like to me that they took out the fuse, though. surely they didnt take out all your heater and a/c from under the dash. i dont know, though. just take a look up under the pass. dash.
Old 01-02-2003, 04:24 PM

Make sure that they didn't unplug the heater core and fan motor.. When I messed with the interior wiring, I unpluged it and had nothing work as far as vents.. no air circulation NOTHING. Untill I found that I didn'thave ONE thing pluged in. They plug is located somewhere underneath the passenger dash... or possible behind the glovebox.
Old 01-03-2003, 03:30 PM
EckoTech

Default Re: Oh My god..I Have a really troublesome question... (sivik2nr)

ko0l thanks guys, sounds like a SATURDAY project to me..damn..saturday..thts 2morrow..very well.. thanks again.
Old 01-03-2003, 04:07 PM
HT White Ops

Default Re: Oh My god..I Have a really troublesome question... (sivik2nr) (22lbGS-R)

...it sounds like to me that they took out the fuse, though. surely they didnt take out all your heater and a/c from under the dash....

Make sure that they didn't unplug the heater core and fan motor... They plug is located somewhere underneath the passenger dash... or possible behind the glovebox.
You guys need to practise your reading comprehension...

...i told the people to take out my AC when they did the LS swap..<FONT COLOR="blue">They Took everything out...Lines, Fan, all of it</FONT>...but thing is..when its cold and i wanna put the heat on..NOTHING COMES OUT!! no air..nuthing..nor hot or cold, doesn't even switch on!!
Hahahahahahaha! Sorry, n00b! I don't mean to laugh at your situation, but this is the funniest thread I've read in a long time...
Old 01-03-2003, 04:12 PM
EckoTech

Default Re: Oh My god..I Have a really troublesome question... (BlackDeuceCoupe)

....right...
Old 01-03-2003, 04:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just wondering..... when they removed the A/C did they pull out the evaporator core and blower motor? You can tell easily by looking under your dash on the passenger side and seeing if there is open space. Then if there aren't any gaps and both the blower motor and evap core are there- make sure all harnesses are plugged in. When I pulled my AC I pulled out the blower motor and evaporator core, when winter came I decided I wanted heat- to do this I had to put the blower motor and empty box the evaporator core was in back on to get air flow to the heater. Just something you might look into.
Old 01-03-2003, 04:25 PM
HT White Ops

....right...
Am I missing something here? You said you had them remove "everything," and if they removed "everything," what is it you are expecting to turn on?
Old 01-03-2003, 04:44 PM
EckoTech

Default Re: Oh My god..I Have a really troublesome question...

oh i'll check that, thanks ill phill.
Old 01-03-2003, 05:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Oh My god..I Have a really troublesome question... (BlackDeuceCoupe)

....right...

Am I missing something here? You said you had them remove "everything," and if they removed "everything," what is it you are expecting to turn on?
hehehe

anyway eckotech i suggest you should go back to the people who swapped it for you and ask them about it, never know it might just be one simple thing that can answer your problems
Old 01-04-2003, 11:48 AM
EckoTech

Default Re: Oh My god..I Have a really troublesome question... (tFUnK)

damn i checked everything out under my passenger side dash, and everything is there..and plugged in! what the ****...my car sucks..i'm just gonna sell it and buy something else...
Old 01-04-2003, 01:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

.... You guys need to practise your reading comprehension....
and you need to work on your spelling.......practice
Old 01-04-2003, 03:41 PM
EckoTech

Default Re: Oh My god..I Have a really troublesome question... (Blown90hatcH)

good call.
Old 01-04-2003, 03:44 PM

?
Old 01-05-2003, 11:15 PM
HT White Ops

Default Re: Oh My god..I Have a really troublesome question... (Blown90hatcH)

123.99 posts per day, huh? SUP with that ****? At least I'm not living a f*cking lie...

BTW, Einstein:

Main Entry: prac·tice
<FONT COLOR="red">Variant(s): or prac·tise /'prak-t&s/</FONT>
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): prac·ticed or <FONT COLOR="red">prac·tised</FONT>; prac·tic·ing or <FONT COLOR="red">prac·tis·ing</FONT>
Etymology: Middle English practisen, from Middle French practiser, from practique, pratique practice, noun, from Late Latin practice, from Greek praktikE, from feminine of praktikos
Date: 14th century
transitive senses
1 a : CARRY OUT, APPLY &lt;practice what you preach&gt; b : to do or perform often, customarily, or habitually &lt;practice politeness&gt; c : to be professionally engaged in &lt;practice medicine&gt;
2 a : to perform or work at repeatedly so as to become proficient &lt;practice the act&gt; b : to train by repeated exercises &lt;practice pupils in penmanship&gt;
3 obsolete : PLOT
intransitive senses
1 : to do repeated exercises for proficiency
2 : to pursue a profession actively
3 archaic : INTRIGUE
4 : to do something customarily
5 : to take advantage of someone &lt;he practised on their credulity with huge success -- Times Literary Supplement&gt;
- prac·tic·er noun
Old 01-06-2003, 01:58 AM

123.99 posts per day, huh? SUP with that ****? At least I'm not living a f*cking lie...

BTW, Einstein:

Inflected Form(s): prac·ticed or <FONT COLOR="red">prac·tised</FONT>; prac·tic·ing or <FONT COLOR="red">prac·tis·ing</FONT>
Etymology: Middle English practisen, from Middle French practiser, from practique, pratique practice, noun, from Late Latin practice, from Greek praktikE, from feminine of praktikos
transitive senses
1 a : CARRY OUT, APPLY &lt;practice what you preach&gt; b : to do or perform often, customarily, or habitually &lt;practice politeness&gt; c : to be professionally engaged in &lt;practice medicine&gt;
2 a : to perform or work at repeatedly so as to become proficient &lt;practice the act&gt; b : to train by repeated exercises &lt;practice pupils in penmanship&gt;
intransitive senses
5 : to take advantage of someone &lt;he practised on their credulity with huge success -- Times Literary Supplement&gt;
- prac·tic·er noun
I could always trust BDC to come up with something interesting...
hahahah
Old 01-06-2003, 05:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

damn i checked everything out under my passenger side dash, and everything is there..and plugged in! what the ****...my car sucks..i'm just gonna sell it and buy something else...
Yeah sell your car cause you have a blown fuse

Quit crying and take the car back and ask them what they did. If your that lazy then maybe you should sell the car to someone who will actually "try". There is no end all be all answer we can give you on Honda Tech to fix your car. You have to get out and make it happen for yourself.
Old 01-06-2003, 07:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BTW, Einstein:

transitive senses
intransitive senses
- prac·tic·er noun
Nice save. The post count is a joke if you could easily figure that out.

Quick Reply: Oh My god..I Have a really troublesome question...