Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

oem swaybar on ek hatch with neuspeed lower tie installed?

Old 10-17-2002, 05:23 AM
MiG-21 superfan

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default oem swaybar on ek hatch with neuspeed lower tie installed?

I want to obtain and install a rear stock sway bar on my hatch, a problem might be that i have a neuspeed lower tie bar already intalled, will this interfere with the space i need for the sway? what options do i have and what exact parts do i need for this installation? ALSO, DO I HAVE ENUFF ROOM FOR A BIG (EIBACH) REAR SWAY + the neuspeed lower tie? THANKS!
Old 10-17-2002, 08:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: oem swaybar on ek hatch with neuspeed lower tie installed? (builthatch)

you shouldn't have any problems installing a rear sway bar along with your tie bar. your either thinking of getting a eibach or neuspeed rear sway bar? thats cool, just fyi there is a possibility of subframe tear-out from these products that can be very costly.
"Developed with the same theory as the proven SRK-EG, Beaks Products' SRK-EK (subframe reinforcement kit) minimizes the chance of subframe "tear-out" often experienced with oversized anti-sway bar upgrades. Due to the thin construction of the subframe and insufficient factory reinforcements, the subframe sheet metal shears under extreme twisting of the anti-sway bar. The results are severe damage and expensive repairs. The SRK-EK reinforces the subframe from both inside and outside, distributing forces over a greater area of contact. This reduces the shear stress and effectively prevents sheet metal failures."
on my ek i went with the beaks kit, which consists of a 22mm itr rear sway bar, civic si endlinks and subframe reinforcement plates.
http://www.beaksproducts.com/ek-quickswap.html
this kit was one of the best suspension upgrades that i've done imo
well, check it out and decide for yourself what you want to do.
here are some pics of what it looks like on my hatch

Old 10-17-2002, 09:15 AM
New User

Default Re: oem swaybar on ek hatch with neuspeed lower tie installed? (builthatch)

Aside from tie-bar clearance, you might also have to think about exhuast clearance. I have a coupe and with my Greddy exhaust, I barely got an Si sway to fit.
Old 10-17-2002, 09:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: oem swaybar on ek hatch with neuspeed lower tie installed? (HENRY)

stupid question, whats the purple metal piece called? and what is the significance of it?
Old 10-17-2002, 10:20 AM

Default Re: oem swaybar on ek hatch with neuspeed lower tie installed? (cre18)

Not sure how big the Eibach swaybar is, but the Progress 25mm will not allow you to get a tie bar in there. Both, due to its size and the mounting locations, not all bars are the same, so make sure you get info from somebody that actually has an eibach sway and not someone that just has the itr sway.

Here's an example of what happens when your swaybar is too big:

AS you can see there was no more room for my Neuspeed lower tie bar, so it had to be removed:

You may want to check into Comptech. I know they make a skinny bar that may fit in there. Though, I think it is part of their sway bar/tie bar package and you would need to think of a way of getting them to sell you the bar separate.
Old 10-17-2002, 11:36 AM

Default Re: oem swaybar on ek hatch with neuspeed lower tie installed? (maxim)

The problem I had with my Skunk2 sway bar was it kept hitting my exhaust (Tanabe Rm cat-back) but I didn't have problems with my Neuspeed tie bar.