Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

OEM Suspension upgrades for a EG6 Si?

Old 07-06-2011, 01:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OEM Suspension upgrades for a EG6 Si?

So I'm going to replacing my shocks/struts and springs with a 1.5" lowering spring, and new Tokico Shocks. While Im down there, I'd like to stiffen it up a little bit, but really want to stay on the cheap.

Are there any sway bars or strut bars from Integras or other cars that are readily available and cheap that will bolt right up to my EG6 Si hatch, and be a noticeable upgrade?
Old 07-06-2011, 02:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: OEM Suspension upgrades for a EG6 Si?

94-01 Integra rear sway bar, 14mm IIRC

I'm running full ITR suspension, shocks, springs, rear LCA's and 22mm rear sway bar. Night and day difference, lowered the factory ride height 1", but stiffer.

And by the way, you have a EH3, not a EG6.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

depends on what you plan to do with the car. understeer vs oversteer vs neutral..... why do you want to make your car stiffer??? i really dont understand the misconception of stiffer suspension is better. BEFORE YOU SPEND $100-150 on every strut bar possible you can your car. replace your bushings and ball joints and you will feel a bigger difference.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yea, I know its an EH3, I just figured EG6 is easier to understand for people though.

And I know what Im doing with suspension, and upgrades. This is just my daily driver, I have a fully built, caged, specced race car, but its a Nissan. So I dont know whats easily available for my Civic.

So I can bolt up an OEM Integra rear sway bar and front GSR strut bar. How about front sway bar?

Thanks guys. Im completely new to modding Honda's, I've had my Si for 5 years now, and this is the first modification I have done. The rest has just been OEM maintenance.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Those Tokicos blues sucks. I wouldn't get them. I don't think it absorbs more than stock. I like stock Integra shocks better than those entry levels. But I guess it would be fine since you're not lowering more than 1.5 inches. Don't waste you're money on struts bars. I would probably only do a front tri-pod like Neuspeed or stock Integra. Proper tires and alignment is key too. This is good for street and a stock motor. I'm not an expert so don't quote me.

I had stock shocks with 155k miles with Eibach Sports Springs on my old Integra RS. It rode decent but it could have been stiffer with newer or upgraded shocks. Everything else was stock. It would be benefit more too if I had better/newer tires but I upgraded to 5-lug along with Koni yellows/GC and ITR rear sway.
Old 07-07-2011, 01:18 PM
Master Detailer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

You can use both front and rear bars from a integra.

What shocks are you thinking of, and what springs?
Old 07-07-2011, 02:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Are the Integra sway bars both upgrades for my Si? Better than the OEM? Also, do they bolt up to the factory sway bar end links and everything? Im only interested in doing this if it requires no extra modification other than just bolting them up.

I will be installing the Tokico HP kit. Comes with 1.5" drop springs, and Tokico Premium Blue shocks. They are designed to be valved and sprung to work perfectly with each other. Its my daily driver, and I have a Nissan S14 track car that I race, and have to toy with, so I didnt want to lower this car anymore than 1.5".

I've used this same kit on my GS-T Eclipse 8 years ago, and was very happy with the results.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The integra rear sway bar, requires you to grab the rear Integra LCA's, as your EH3 didn't come factory with a rear sway bar and the LCA's doesn't have provision's to just bolt one up.

The Integra front sway bar is the same size as the OEM one currently in your EH3.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

FYI when you start looking at the rear lca's on the 94-01 integra it can be a bit hard to find a good set in the savage yard these do come with a bend in them that your SI will not have so I would steer clear of any that have rear end damage.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hmmm....****. Youre right, I had thought that the Si came with a rear sway bar, but your right. I didnt want to have to replace all the control arms and stuff too. Maybe I'll just stick to the front strut bar and call it a day lol
Old 07-08-2011, 07:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ZenkiS14
Hmmm....****. Youre right, I had thought that the Si came with a rear sway bar, but your right. I didnt want to have to replace all the control arms and stuff too. Maybe I'll just stick to the front strut bar and call it a day lol
The si is all set up front for a sway bar. To change out the rear lca is an easy job and the si has all the threaded nuts in the sub frame for the sway bar brackets
Old 07-08-2011, 07:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Each rear lower control arm is only 2 bolts, plus the shock mounting bolt. It's a very easy swap and well worth it on our EH3 civic's, that came with no rear sway bar.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You're probably right, but I went into this whole thing originally because my cars factory 10 year old shocks are blow, and I just wanted to get new ones. Then figured I might as well get performance ones and mild lowering springs as well in the process. I just dont want this to get out of hand...ya know? If I can find some free/super cheap Integra LCA's and Sway bar, I might do it, but thats about it. I have a track car with a motor still at the machine shop getting rebuilt, so I dont want to take too much money away from that to spend on a stock civic daily driver.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I hear you and agree completely, you should be able to find those parts fairly cheap at a wrecker. I use my Si as a daily driver as well, but I stuck with OEM HOnda/acura parts for everything on my car, to keep cost down, but added what I wanted to make it more fun and comfortable to commute in.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by tlarimer
I hear you and agree completely, you should be able to find those parts fairly cheap at a wrecker. I use my Si as a daily driver as well, but I stuck with OEM HOnda/acura parts for everything on my car, to keep cost down, but added what I wanted to make it more fun and comfortable to commute in.
We have exactly the same idea. I just need to learn to know where to source this stuff.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:12 PM
Master Detailer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Are the Integra sway bars both upgrades for my Si? Better than the OEM? Also, do they bolt up to the factory sway bar end links and everything? Im only interested in doing this if it requires no extra modification other than just bolting them up.

I will be installing the Tokico HP kit. Comes with 1.5" drop springs, and Tokico Premium Blue shocks. They are designed to be valved and sprung to work perfectly with each other. Its my daily driver, and I have a Nissan S14 track car that I race, and have to toy with, so I didnt want to lower this car anymore than 1.5".

I've used this same kit on my GS-T Eclipse 8 years ago, and was very happy with the results.
I don't belive that. The blues are a OEM replacement shock, not a perfromance shock.

But, it's your money do as you please.

Take a look at the eibach sport kit, and the Koni STR T shocks.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

http://thmotorsports.com/eibach/eiba...0/i-53873.aspx
http://thmotorsports.com/hr/hr_sprin...s/g-56157.aspx
http://thmotorsports.com/progress_te.../i-225567.aspx
http://thmotorsports.com/progress_te...3/i-40523.aspx
http://thmotorsports.com/koni/koni_s...s/g-52201.aspx

Like I previously stated. Need I say more?
Old 07-12-2011, 04:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

What spring rates are you guys running?