Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

OEM Radio

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 05:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OEM Radio

I know if i remove this my keyless entry (oh darn ) wont work, but is there any other accessorys that also wont work with the removal of it?

Old 05-21-2006, 05:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: OEM Radio (i need a new username)

get an aftermarket alarm for keyless entry, some may say dome lights won't work but thats bullshit
Old 05-21-2006, 10:02 PM

Default Re: OEM Radio (sicones)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sicones &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">get an aftermarket alarm for keyless entry, some may say dome lights won't work but thats bullshit</TD></TR></TABLE>

ya sure about that?

depending on the year, yes u do loose the dome light... unless you jump the light green/red with the light green/black found in the small green plug.

way to spread misinformation
Old 05-22-2006, 02:47 AM

Default Re: OEM Radio (Turbo(less)DB8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbo(less)DB8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ya sure about that?

depending on the year, yes u do loose the dome light... unless you jump the light green/red with the light green/black found in the small green plug.

way to spread misinformation </TD></TR></TABLE>

well i dont even use it, but thats good info, thank you

so only the keyless entry and maybe dome light are lost?
Old 05-22-2006, 05:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by i need a new username &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
well i dont even use it, but thats good info, thank you
so only the keyless entry and maybe dome light are lost?</TD></TR></TABLE>

correct.

- i took out my oem radio, lost my dome light and keyless entry, but then i put in a alarm with keyless entry..lol so got it back.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:40 AM

How and or why would this eliminate your keyless entry or dome light? They should be wired seperate from each other. I've never owned anything w/ factory ketless entry, so I'm not sure.
Old 05-22-2006, 10:52 AM

Default Re: OEM Radio (92 si hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 92 si hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How and or why would this eliminate your keyless entry or dome light? They should be wired seperate from each other. I've never owned anything w/ factory ketless entry, so I'm not sure.</TD></TR></TABLE>

guessing its on the same circuit and it would be a series circuit.. meaning if 1 is missing the rest is.. but dont quote me on that, its just my theory
Old 05-22-2006, 04:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i forgot to mention about modifying the 2 wires on the back of the head unit

btw I am the last person on this board you should tell me "way to spread mis information"
so far I am been here for about a year, and I havent seen anyone much smarter
Old 05-24-2006, 05:14 PM

I forgot to get the radio code.. is tehre a way to get it without the OEM radio installed?

(Note:I dont have the OEM headunit for it)

-ps-dome light still works
Old 05-24-2006, 05:19 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (i need a new username)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sicones &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i forgot to mention about modifying the 2 wires on the back of the head unit

btw I am the last person on this board you should tell me "way to spread mis information"
so far I am been here for about a year, and I havent seen anyone much smarter</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wow, you are one conceded *****. And if you think that you've never seen anyone much smarter than you are sadly mistaken. GTF over yourself.

BTW If you are so smart then how come you misspelled "misinformation"?
Old 05-24-2006, 05:21 PM

Default Re: (SOHC4life 96)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOHC4life 96 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wow, you are one conceded *****. And if you think that you've never seen anyone much smarter than you are sadly mistaken. GTF over yourself.

BTW If you are so smart then how come you misspelled "misinformation"?</TD></TR></TABLE>

take the e-fight to a PM
Old 05-24-2006, 05:25 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by i need a new username &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">take the e-fight to a PM </TD></TR></TABLE>

Sorry to thread jack. To answer your original question, I lost (well didn't have) my dome light. That is until I got my stock radio/headunit back. Other than that you won't loose the use of anything else.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by i need a new username &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I forgot to get the radio code.. is tehre a way to get it without the OEM radio installed?

(Note:I dont have the OEM headunit for it)

-ps-dome light still works </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes you can call honda and ask them to look it up for you. They will need some information off the sticker on the headunit and possibly the VIN #. I can't remember if they need that or not.
Old 05-24-2006, 05:28 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOHC4life 96 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yes you can call honda and ask them to look it up for you. They will need some information off the sticker on the headunit and possibly the VIN #. I can't remember if they need that or not.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i dont have the "headunit"/faceplate i just have the baseunit itself
Old 05-24-2006, 05:30 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by i need a new username &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i dont have the "headunit"/faceplate i just have the baseunit itself</TD></TR></TABLE>

Do you have the entire part that came out of the dash? If you do, you're good.
Old 05-24-2006, 05:33 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOHC4life 96 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Do you have the entire part that came out of the dash? If you do, you're good.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah i got that, alright thanks