Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

OEM FOGLIGHT WIRING QUESTION!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 06:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OEM FOGLIGHT WIRING QUESTION!

I have OEM foglights on my EG, they only come on when the headlights turn on, i was wondering how i can re-route the wires to make them come on with my parking lights, can someone help?
Old 05-02-2005, 06:50 PM

Default Re: OEM FOGLIGHT WIRING QUESTION! (Jonnyr4c)

find the fog light wires, and the parking light wires and cut fog light wire where it goes into headlight wires and splice into parking light wires
Old 05-02-2005, 07:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civictildeath &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">find the fog light wires, and the parking light wires and cut fog light wire where it goes into headlight wires and splice into parking light wires</TD></TR></TABLE>
Dnt do that. that is sloppy.
Where did you tap for power? and also what plug did you plug the swith into at the fuse box?
Old 05-02-2005, 10:55 PM

Default Re: OEM FOGLIGHT WIRING QUESTION! (sohcvtec1995)

any idea what color the wires would be?
Old 05-03-2005, 08:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sohcvtec1995 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Dnt do that. that is sloppy.
Where did you tap for power? and also what plug did you plug the swith into at the fuse box?</TD></TR></TABLE>this is the correct question to answer. dont do anything sloppy, it all has to do with where you tap the power and what fuse switch you plug into.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OEM FOGLIGHT WIRING QUESTION! (bleh)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bleh &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">this is the correct question to answer. dont do anything sloppy, it all has to do with where you tap the power and what fuse switch you plug into. </TD></TR></TABLE>

uhh. its the same thing. i created my own wire harness and it works great
Old 05-03-2005, 10:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OEM FOGLIGHT WIRING QUESTION! (donut.)

all you need is cut the positive wire from foglight that connect to the headlight. then splice that wire to the positive wire of parking light.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by donut. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

uhh. its the same thing. i created my own wire harness and it works great</TD></TR></TABLE>
uhh its not the same thing. if you do it correctly then you can turn the foglights on and off when your parking or headlights are on. as oppose to your way of doing it where they are always on when you have parking lights on.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

holy crap i cant believe noobs are giving orders

i did NO wire splicing with my foglights. if you have the relay then there is no need to splice wires AT ALL. sure you could do it ghetto without the relay... but that would be dumb
Old 05-04-2005, 10:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sohcvtec1995 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
uhh its not the same thing. if you do it correctly then you can turn the foglights on and off when your parking or headlights are on. as oppose to your way of doing it where they are always on when you have parking lights on.</TD></TR></TABLE>

no ****. i said its the same as if taping into the corner light (red/black) rather than the fuse box and how is that sloppy please explain? its the same **** and would be easier. if you tap into the corner light then you can turn them on with the corners. if you tap into the headlights then you can only turn them on when your headlights are on. so what the hell are you talking about? if he has a switch which he most likely has, then he could turn them on/off whenever he wants as long as he taped into a wire that has power running through it period.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bleh &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">holy crap i cant believe noobs are giving orders </TD></TR></TABLE>

me either btw: im not a noob
Old 05-04-2005, 10:48 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jonnyr4c &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have OEM foglights on my EG, they only come on when the headlights turn on, i was wondering how i can re-route the wires to make them come on with my parking lights, can someone help?</TD></TR></TABLE>

#2 socket of your fuse block panel.
Old 05-04-2005, 11:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by donut. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

no ****. i said its the same as if taping into the corner light (red/black) rather than the fuse box and how is that sloppy please explain? its the same **** and would be easier. if you tap into the corner light then you can turn them on with the corners. if you tap into the headlights then you can only turn them on when your headlights are on. so what the hell are you talking about? if he has a switch which he most likely has, then he could turn them on/off whenever he wants as long as he taped into a wire that has power running through it period.</TD></TR></TABLE>

its sloppy because if he has a factory kit why would he chop it all up and create his own fire hazard. Thats like buying a Greddy turbo kit, and only useing the BOV from the kit and createing everything else. From scratch. It is a very simple thing to wire inb factory fogs. Fuse box in the engine bay. Fuse box inside car. 2 grounds. and some plugs. as oppose to your way of cutting spliceing, and hacking everything up. thats why it is sloppy.

Old 05-04-2005, 07:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

maybe when YOU splice into a wire for power, you cut and hack everything up making it sloppy but i have little wire splices just for that, lol
Old 05-04-2005, 10:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

its still stupid when you have all the necessary parts that are required.
Old 05-05-2005, 06:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you might want to change your avatar, title, and signature then.

and it is much cleaner to run a line to the fusebox or if you hook up your own fuse, to the battery. you dont even notice the lines in my engine bay