Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/)
-   -   Odometer accuracy thread for 92-00 civics (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/odometer-accuracy-thread-92-00-civics-2488065/)

imzjustplayin 01-30-2009 06:29 PM

Odometer accuracy thread for 92-00 civics

Hi, I'm creating this thread and asking everyone on honda-tech who has a civic in the years listed in the title to post what accuracy they found their car has with regard to the speedometer/odometer. All I need are the specifications of their car such as transmission, model, gauge cluster, tire+wheel size and how they figured out their gauge's accuracy.

This could be a really useful thread for those who want an idea of how accurate the gauges for a given configuration or model series is. The reason I bothered to create this thread is because I found out that the Civic VX has 561mm tall tires (default VX), DX 575mm, LX/EX 583mm and the Si 577mm tall tires so I'm wondering how honda or where honda choose to have the accuracy of the gauges based upon.

I also have a semi irrelevant question. One of the threads details how to calibrate the speedometer by holding it back until you're at the desired speed and I was wondering if that too affects the accuracy of the odometer.

93egSLEEPER 01-30-2009 06:38 PM

Re: Odometer accuracy thread for 92-00 civics

Originally Posted by imzjustplayin (Post 37227613)
Hi, I'm creating this thread and asking everyone on honda-tech who has a civic in the years listed in the title to post what accuracy they found their car has with regard to the speedometer/odometer. All I need are the specifications of their car such as transmission, model, gauge cluster, tire+wheel size and how they figured out their gauge's accuracy.

This could be a really useful thread for those who want an idea of how accurate the gauges for a given configuration or model series is. The reason I bothered to create this thread is because I found out that the Civic VX has 561mm tall tires (default VX), DX 575mm, LX/EX 583mm and the Si 577mm tall tires so I'm wondering how honda or where honda choose to have the accuracy of the gauges based upon.

I also have a semi irrelevant question. One of the threads details how to calibrate the speedometer by holding it back until you're at the desired speed and I was wondering if that too affects the accuracy of the odometer.

this could be a tough thread to accurately get anything considering many people on here have swapped motors at least once, had aftermarket tires and wheels, and who knows how accurate anyones speedo really is unless they have had it tested.

i will start with mine... but like i say i have alot of work done to my car over 3 years...

has 203,654 miles

started with 185/60/15's for first 160k im assuming
then went to 195/40/17's then 205/45/16's which i currently still run.... BUT
i went from a d16z6 to a jdm b16 w/ s4 tranny then gsr w/ lsd s4 tranny and now boosted.
as far as i know my car says i am going 2mph faster then i am.

hope thats what you wanted