Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Obd2a to Obd1 Distributor Wiring Diagram?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 02:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 Obd2a to Obd1 Distributor Wiring Diagram?

Im looking for the diagram to wire Obd1 distributor to a Obd2a car all i can fin dis one and teh colors dont match up right.
Attached Images  
Old 12-28-2010, 02:52 PM
Resident Gearhead

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: Obd2a to Obd1 Distributor Wiring Diagram?

Not exactly what you want, but I am sure you can figure it out with the info on this excellent site:

http://www.ff-squad.com/technet/

I hope that helps.

Old 12-28-2010, 03:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by mcvtec
Not exactly what you want, but I am sure you can figure it out with the info on this excellent site:

http://www.ff-squad.com/technet/

I hope that helps.

not what im looking for but it'll help me out in the future but thanks for the link
Old 12-28-2010, 04:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts

OBD1 8P distributor connector:

Name:  Picture2.png
Views: 29887
Size:  33.9 KB

Name:  Picture1-1.png
Views: 19731
Size:  15.1 KB

What's missing above is how the Blk/Yel, Yel/Grn, and Blu wires pin to the 8P connector and 2P connector (not shown). Maybe somebody else can post this information.

OBD2a and OBD2b distributor connectors:

Name:  Picture3.png
Views: 58757
Size:  39.5 KB
Old 12-28-2010, 04:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I keep seeing how my Odb2 plug is spose to have diff colors but both my obd2 and obd1 plugs have the same color so do i just wire them that way? I have Obd1 car plugs and a Obd2 Dizzy plug
Attached Images    
Old 12-29-2010, 02:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Bump
Old 12-30-2010, 03:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Need help on how to wire a harness for Obd2a-Obd1 I have the plug from my old OBD2a distributor and i cut the distributor plugs off of a Obd1 car
Old 04-03-2019, 02:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Dang noone ever helped , i'm stuck also....lol Can't say i didnt search ******....
Old 04-03-2019, 09:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 797 Likes on 737 Posts

Connect the two black/yellow wires that you have circled together. As for the remaining blue tach signal wire... if your tachometer in the instrument cluster does not work, you can connect it to the tach test wire OR connect it to the yellow/green ICM wire in your distributor conversion harness. If you de-pin the black/yellow wire in your adapter harness and move that wire to the empty location on the OBD-1 distributor plug, you can essentially eliminate the adapter harness you have pictured. You will still connect the black/yellow wires together so that there is a continuous path between the distributor and the engine harness.
Old 04-04-2019, 04:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JRCivic1
Connect the two black/yellow wires that you have circled together. As for the remaining blue tach signal wire... if your tachometer in the instrument cluster does not work, you can connect it to the tach test wire OR connect it to the yellow/green ICM wire in your distributor conversion harness. If you de-pin the black/yellow wire in your adapter harness and move that wire to the empty location on the OBD-1 distributor plug, you can essentially eliminate the adapter harness you have pictured. You will still connect the black/yellow wires together so that there is a continuous path between the distributor and the engine harness.
Gotcha, well sort of, I have no Tach it's a dx auto and which one is the tach test wire? i can depin the black yellow and do what you said and eliminate the small plug but im still left with the blue tach. correct me if im wrong, btw are my matching colors correct some are not the same color wires....lol
Old 04-04-2019, 04:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon3 Re: Obd2a to Obd1 Distributor Wiring Diagram?

So it will look something like this?

Last edited by BoRiCuA; 04-04-2019 at 04:25 AM. Reason: writing was off
Old 04-04-2019, 08:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 797 Likes on 737 Posts

From the picture above, de-pin the black/yellow wire from your adapter harness and insert it into the empty hole (right now, it has a brown rubber weather resistant plug in it). Cut off the two-wire plug on the OBD-1 distributor and connect the black/yellow wire from the two wire plug to the black/yellow wire you just installed into the 8-pin distributor plug. Since you do not have a tachometer, simply tape off or crimp the blue wire end so that it cannot accidentally short against something metallic. IF you ever change your instrument cluster or install an aftermarket tachometer, you would connect the blue wire to the tach signal input wire of the new device. You will then plug the OBD-1 distributor plug directly into the 8-pin OBD-2 plug on the engine harness. Crank the car. Done.
Old 04-05-2019, 12:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JRCivic1
From the picture above, de-pin the black/yellow wire from your adapter harness and insert it into the empty hole (right now, it has a brown rubber weather resistant plug in it). Cut off the two-wire plug on the OBD-1 distributor and connect the black/yellow wire from the two wire plug to the black/yellow wire you just installed into the 8-pin distributor plug. Since you do not have a tachometer, simply tape off or crimp the blue wire end so that it cannot accidentally short against something metallic. IF you ever change your instrument cluster or install an aftermarket tachometer, you would connect the blue wire to the tach signal input wire of the new device. You will then plug the OBD-1 distributor plug directly into the 8-pin OBD-2 plug on the engine harness. Crank the car. Done.
Gotcha thanks bro will try.