Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

OBD2 Dizzy question

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 02:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OBD2 Dizzy question

For anyone who replaced their coil or how ever has one sitting around making you can take a look for me, when you pull out the coil, was there a seperate gaurd attached to the coil? Like a cover or shield or something? Or was it just the coil and thats it? I dont mean the leak cover either that comes off after you pull off the rotor, yo have to physically take out the coil and notice this cover. Thx so much.
Old 12-28-2006, 02:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OBD2 Dizzy question (C-West Civic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by C-West Civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">For anyone who replaced their coil or how ever has one sitting around making you can take a look for me, when you pull out the coil, was there a seperate gaurd attached to the coil? Like a cover or shield or something? Or was it just the coil and thats it? I dont mean the leak cover either that comes off after you pull off the rotor, yo have to physically take out the coil and notice this cover. Thx so much.</TD></TR></TABLE>

well...when i replaced my coil on my obd1 dizzy....i noticed no shield or anything....just a slot to slide in the coil...i know some OBD2 dizzy use the same coil as the OBD1 does but not sure if the dizzys are the same
Old 12-28-2006, 02:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OBD2 Dizzy question (B18CivicEg)

Hmmm cuz I keep frying my ICM and so far I did all tests and checked all grounds and replaced all what else around I could to fix it from turning to toast. I was looking thru the Chiltons book and noticed that on the exploded view of the dizzy ( page 2-7 if anyone wants to see what I mean ) that there was the coil, and then what looked to be like a cover/shield. I dont have that on mine, and when my coil went out originally, Im wondering if I tossed the cover with the coil nd now thats why my ICM is getting burnt. Since its all magnectic and ****, maybe the cover was there to help burning out the ICM????