Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

OBD0 B16A into a 92 EG OBD1 ???'s searched some

Old 07-16-2006, 05:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OBD0 B16A into a 92 EG OBD1 ???'s searched some

First off I have searched quite a bit and have not got any definate answers. I have searched hondaswap, here, and a few other places with no luck.

I have a 92 CX hatch so I know vtec is prewired to engine plug.
Here is what I am gettting:
SIR I b16 with cable tranny, this is complete dizzy alt starter everything needed, obd0 dizzy (for sale or trade for obd1) hasport mounts and linkage for EF, (ps for sale), complete engine harness (for sale) PWO ECU (sold) Front knuckles (for sale if smaller than the GSR ones on my CX) Also has axles, short shifter, aftermarket header DP,

This is what I get:
http://www.wickedfreeks.com/b16a1/

I am getting this for 800.00 and to ship it here is like 300.00. This guy parted out his car and is just looking to sell it fast. I bought his d16a6 complete setup in March, I drove out to get that one so I heard this car run and I know it is a good setup, he has only put about 15K on engine so I know all runs.

Ok here are my questions. The rear mount - will the EF fit the EG, I think he said was from 90-93 teg so probably not as I need the 94-01 or GSR one right?
I know I need a OBD1 dizzy as I do not want to cut wires. Too old school plus I want a clean stock look.
I plan on looking for a 92-95 si harness for vtec and plugs I need.
I am getting the hasport eg mounts + cable to hydro conversion and shift linkage.
Will the Alternator plugs be the same??
I already have a P28 for my mini-me but I will probably get a chipped p28 to handle DOHC and Vtec responsibilities.

Please let me know if I am missing anything or if you have any solid links to this kind of swap. I have about 3 weeks to get all my parts lined up as I don't want to be wasting time waiting on parts to get here.

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-16-2006, 05:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I can tell you that OBD0 plugs are for the most part round and the OBD1 plugs are square for the most part. You will not have an easy swap. Your best bet is to spend just a little more and get a OBD1 set an save a lot of time and money. Not only will you spend money for the cable to hydro clutch setup, and all the plugs, sensors, and harnesses, it will not pass federal emissions if you need to do it.
Old 07-16-2006, 06:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (littleredcivic)

jus put a obd1 harness dizzy and alt. u can use ya single cam injectors. the cable to hydro confersion is about 150. as to what the guy above me said about having a hard time thats false. you also need the rear T-Bracket from 94-01 integra and the L bracket by the cam gears from 94+ integra. you can use your STOCK eg mounts. hope i was some help. btw this is VtecRexy posting under my boys name
Old 07-16-2006, 07:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (littleredcivic)

I have a set of obd1 plugs (injectors) and if nothing else I can use the clips from my eg harness. Although I plan on getting an easier harness to work with like ex or si.
Hence keeping it stock looking.
I am going to replace the dizzy regardless and wasn't sure about alt. but it looks like plugs will be different as well.
Starter is a starter and only two plugs but one is clip on and the other is round that sits on a bolt. No-brainer there.
I am buying hasport mounts for the firmer bushing. The rear mount I already have in the making on ebay. So hopefully cheaper than 75.00 which is what full-race.com has.
The cable to hydro conversion is included in the hasport set I am buying so not worried about that. At least until I save up for a hydro lsd tranny. About 1100.00.

As far as emissions they can blow me. I live in New Mexico and they can't spell that let alone tell what it means. I plan on running exactly 0 emmisions on this car.
Can anyone say straight pipe?
Plus if you read my post I am getting this setup to my driveway for 1100.00.

Here are my debates:
Since hasport has that L-shaped by cam gears I won't need to worry about it.
Working on the rear bracket so no problem.
Dizzy and alternator - looking to buy those for obd1.
Have obd1 injectors from z6 - same cc's.
No knock sensor - that rocks.
92 prewired for vtec - as above that rocks

So thanks for the nudge and it looks I was in the right direction anyways.

My other questions I thought about are: To keep a/c for now would I need the GSR bracket.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...&rd=1

And what about this one? Lower front tranny mount.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...&rd=1

That is all for now. Still open for suggestions / comments.

Modified by sauceja at 9:57 AM 7/18/2006
Old 07-18-2006, 04:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default B16 Alt???

Still curious about the A/C and lower tranny bracket.
Also Do I have to beat on my engine bay for the Alt. to fit like on the EF's???? I hope not but would like to know before I lower an engine in just to find out I have to pull it out.

Old 07-18-2006, 07:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: B16 Alt??? (sauceja)

Ok for all interested if any or for future searches since I can't seem to find them.

The alternator on JDM or my guess any DM's for the SIR and SIR II or 1st gen and 2nd gen are the same and didn't change until OBD2 came along.
The OBD and OBD1 are a round 3 pin type and the OBD2 went to a square type.

This is what I found. The only major difference is the distributor and oxygen sensors. Vtec is Vtec and if you don't have it already and don't have a 92 civic then you must add wires.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sauceja &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok for all interested if any or for future searches since I can't seem to find them.

The alternator on JDM or my guess any DM's for the SIR and SIR II or 1st gen and 2nd gen are the same and didn't change until OBD2 came along.
The OBD and OBD1 are a round 3 pin type and the OBD2 went to a square type.

This is what I found. The only major difference is the distributor and oxygen sensors. Vtec is Vtec and if you don't have it already and don't have a 92 civic then you must add wires.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Looks like you figured it by yourself .
Old 07-22-2006, 04:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Got engine in and everything looks good.

Also to edit fuel injectors are different for swapping obd's.

Got the rear gsr bracket and the A/C bracket as I decided to keep a/c to f'ing hot in the desert.

Working on a wire harness.

Quick for sale: All obd0
Harness not perfect but has all connections plus knock and vtec
Dizzy - Looks real good
Shift linkage - welded kind will sell cheap
Front knuckles for 88-91 b16
Bunch of clutch cables and Throttle cables - different sizes
Some more stuff.

Will be posting a thread under sale items when compiled all items. Maybe even egay as I need to move alot of this.