Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

o2 sensor help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 02:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default o2 sensor help!!!

Aite just dropped in my new setup and im throwing a code for o2 sensor! Thought my old one had went bad or i'd dropped it or something making it not work. Well today i went and bought a universal o2 and wired it all up correctly and im still throwing the code. Now i look at the harness right before the plug to o2 sensor and see that one of the 4 wires looks funny. Now it has one normal wire with rubber around it, then another layer of rubber with another wire coming out of it. Im confused as hell? is this oem wiring? looks funny to me. Needa get this fixed asap to get my car tuned!! Help..
Old 02-28-2007, 02:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Its on the o2 signal wire before the plug!!
Old 02-28-2007, 02:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

up for immediate answer need go tune..
Old 02-28-2007, 03:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bump anyone know what im looking at?
Old 02-28-2007, 03:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bump..
Old 02-28-2007, 04:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: o2 sensor help!!! (Ge-money)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ge-money &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Aite just dropped in my new setup and im throwing a code for o2 sensor! Thought my old one had went bad or i'd dropped it or something making it not work. Well today i went and bought a universal o2 and wired it all up correctly and im still throwing the code. Now i look at the harness right before the plug to o2 sensor and see that one of the 4 wires looks funny. Now it has one normal wire with rubber around it, then another layer of rubber with another wire coming out of it. Im confused as hell? is this oem wiring? looks funny to me. Needa get this fixed asap to get my car tuned!! Help..</TD></TR></TABLE>

should of bought the exact one for your car and not the universal one. it's only a couple of buck more.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the one with the clip was twice as much.. But that shouldnt matter i wired it up coreectly. I think my old o2 should still work too. its a wiring problem before the plug on the harness side.. Anyone have a clue why theres two wires coming from the harness for 02 singal.(Its one wire with another rubber outside on top with wire inbetween the two rubber housings) then it was spliced into one into the plug? Have no clue what that ***** about.. Its only the white wire at the ecu and at the plug.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

is d14 the right pin for o2 signal? gonna try to wire straight to ecu.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

could ecu be throwing o2 sensor code beacuse i am running and ls vtec basemap on b20vtec? Was gonna get this resolved today with a tune but decided to try and fix o2 problem first. Know im starting to think that the wrong fuel map is causing me to throw this code. Anything supporting my idea?
Old 02-28-2007, 07:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Ge-money)

I dont think its your basemap is making the code but i would start all over and re-wire the plug and make sure the wires are correct. Try taking the plugs from your oem one and using them on the aftermarket one if thats possible then you will know the winring is correct either way G/L.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: o2 sensor help!!! (Ge-money)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ge-money &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Aite just dropped in my new setup and im throwing a code for o2 sensor! Thought my old one had went bad or i'd dropped it or something making it not work. Well today i went and bought a universal o2 and wired it all up correctly and im still throwing the code. Now i look at the harness right before the plug to o2 sensor and see that one of the 4 wires looks funny. Now it has one normal wire with rubber around it, then another layer of rubber with another wire coming out of it. Im confused as hell? is this oem wiring? looks funny to me. Needa get this fixed asap to get my car tuned!! Help..</TD></TR></TABLE>

You mean like shrink wrap? If you have a four wire O2 two of them are for heating the coil and the other two is the O2 out put signal and ground.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ge-money &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
the one with the clip was twice as much.. But that shouldnt matter i wired it up coreectly. I think my old o2 should still work too. its a wiring problem before the plug on the harness side.. Anyone have a clue why theres two wires coming from the harness for 02 singal.(Its one wire with another rubber outside on top with wire inbetween the two rubber housings) then it was spliced into one into the plug? Have no clue what that ***** about.. Its only the white wire at the ecu and at the plug. ..</TD></TR></TABLE>

You can test for continuity with a DMM and know if that wire is good, open or just getting real high resistance.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

problem solved.. thanks for the help!