Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

O2 sensor/ Catalytic converter

Old 04-19-2019, 06:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default O2 sensor/ Catalytic converter

Iím hoping someone can help. I have a 97 civic (non Vtec) 1.6 ltr. A while back I was having issues w/ cat so I reamed the guts out resolving the issue. Now the resonator pipe broke I ordered the replacement pipe but itís not the right one for US model cars with a catalytic converter. My question is since the cat is hollow anyway can I remove the cat completely and just install this new pipe? The only issue I can see is what to do about the O2 sensor which is mounted on cat??
Old 04-19-2019, 01:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: O2 sensor/ Catalytic converter

You must have the CEL on now due to hollowed out cat and likely other stuff you didn't bother fixing. Removing the sensor would be just one more thing.
Old 04-21-2019, 08:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: O2 sensor/ Catalytic converter

Actually I had a CEL code 14 for the IACV a while back but cleaned it and the throttle body which resolved that issue. Unfortunately, some people have to do what they can to get by, since this is our primary vehicle. But thanks for your input, youíve been very helpful.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: