Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

NY ppl....suspension setup?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2004, 11:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NY ppl....suspension setup?

All NY ppl have to worry about their suspension setups...the roads just purely suck...especially the LIE and all....so i was wondering what setups do u guys have?

im thinking of gettin the tein flex...but now im considering omni cuz they are cheaper...do u think omni will work just as well as the flex??...and will they be a bit more comfortable then the tein? comfort as well as performance?
Old 12-26-2004, 02:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: NY ppl....suspension setup? (JDMzEaL18)

whatever you do, dont go too low or stiff. i drove lie-clearview-cross bronx-gwb yesterday and my car was wishing to god it wasnt on those roads. i thought i was gonna take flight at some of those bumps
Old 12-27-2004, 02:00 AM

lol i feel you though.....its snowing as i type.....and combined wit those bumbs.... its a bad combination stick wit tein though
Old 12-27-2004, 04:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DeuceDeuce)

tein ss dampers. 10's of thousands of miles in NYC and LI. no problems. just gotta drive with common sense.

the spring rates are not nearly as high as the OMNI or FLEX but i daily drive my car 30k plus miles a year. I am a very happy tein ss owner...
Old 12-27-2004, 05:26 AM
I forgot more about hondas then you will ever know....

Location: hop,skip, and a jump from the city,, new friggin york, USA
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: NY ppl....suspension setup? (blackeg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blackeg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> i drove lie-clearview-cross bronx-gwb yesterday... </TD></TR></TABLE>

same here. i didn't have a problem though.... oh wait, i was in my suburban

unfortuneatly, tuning a car for responsive handling will come at a price when trying to navigate any of ny inner city roads. the price is rough ride, dinged wheels etc. make sure you do not slam the car, as that will only hurt handling and worsen the ride.
Old 12-27-2004, 06:49 AM

O man...ny is the worst rite after the winter season....ughh thats just torture at times

damn y do those flex have to be so expensive!?....hmm i might consider the super streets...but than u can just add another 300 hundred and get the flex

might as well be patient
Old 12-27-2004, 06:55 AM

Default Re: NY ppl....suspension setup? (rodney)

yee i c wat ur saying though...with the response u give to the car....lol its kinda funny ....but just cuz of the road conditions and us not wanting to hurt the car ...i think ny drivers just become good because it becomes natural to not slam on the brakes or things of that nature
Old 12-27-2004, 07:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

it's about accepting the fact that you set a car up to handle well [drive fast] and be forced to drive slow. the iorny.

you need to stay within a conservative drop. like i said, i have the tein ss dampers and 15" kosei K1's. drive slow and learn where the pot holes and steel plates are put. just slow for them. i knew where the bad spots where and rode in the right lane with my hazards on just before them as i always slowed WAY down.

i for one have only been on the cross bronx a handful of times with the road clear enough to even drive fast. it's one of the heaviest traveled roads in America. i avoid the cross bronx like the plaque, but i don't live in LI either... =P hahahahaha

Old 12-27-2004, 07:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

omfg im in rochester ny and the roads are ******* gawd awful. I got kyb agx + ground control and while they work in NY on the softest setting, i still have to be careful.

Apparently in the late 60s New York underwent some type of war and the craters left from the shelling were never repaired.
Old 12-27-2004, 03:44 PM
IVI
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (turbotime)

neuspeed race & tokico blues

just becareful of the huge potholes. my headers got caved in from ny.

slow down and avoid them if you can.
Old 12-27-2004, 06:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

oh god!....no suspension will survive......there always seem to have a new pothole .....but whatever u choose.....like one of the guys said......know where the land mines are....and use the common sense thing....i got some diayama coilovers.....and its doing fine...i barely remember how to drive straight though....
Old 12-28-2004, 06:27 PM

haha bump for more ny peepz......i think its gonna be a challenege learning all the bumps in the road...but good advice thnx

"pothole heaven"...haha
Old 12-28-2004, 07:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (turbotime)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbotime &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">omfg im in rochester ny and the roads are ******* gawd awful. I got kyb agx + ground control and while they work in NY on the softest setting, i still have to be careful.

Apparently in the late 60s New York underwent some type of war and the craters left from the shelling were never repaired.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The roads in rochester suck!! just when you think you know the pot holes a bunch more show up. I'm getting tein ss's and I'm just going to keep dodging the pot holes.
Old 12-29-2004, 12:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

good f'ing luck, my agx +gc are barely surviving the salt, snow, holes, ice, bumps, and whatever other hell roch has to provide.

Even on the softest setting i feel like i'm in nam'
Old 12-29-2004, 04:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (siekhatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by siekhatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

The roads in rochester suck!! just when you think you know the pot holes a bunch more show up. I'm getting tein ss's and I'm just going to keep dodging the pot holes.</TD></TR></TABLE>

you should see the roads up here in the mountains - they go to complete **** in the winter. Area I live in doesn't have enough money for salt on the roads so they use sand lol - except for the northway

anyways I am completely 100% stock suspension - but I do have tein flex w/edfc going on which should be nice for daily driving come spring (some roads are **** year round - which is why I picked them)...also doing si front sway, ITR rear sway with ASR kit, & si brakes (F&R) - this car will never see winter again after this year...especially with a badass K going in springtime

BTW thank god for studded nokian hakkapeliittas - if it weren't for them I wouldn't have a car anymore
Old 12-29-2004, 11:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (adirondackR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by adirondackR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> studded nokian hakkapeliittas - if it weren't for them I wouldn't have a car anymore </TD></TR></TABLE>

what are those? a snow tire or smfn?