Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

NSX Calipers on EG?

Old 09-16-2004, 07:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NSX Calipers on EG?

I saw pics of NSX calipers on an EK and wated to know how its done?
Old 09-16-2004, 07:20 PM

Default Re: NSX Calipers on EG? (Demon_Dub)

94 up integra Knuckles or 99-00 Si knuckles...
nsx calipers
5x114 ITR rotors or prelude vtec rotors...redrill these to 4x100
washers

Old 09-16-2004, 07:36 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: NSX Calipers on EG? (chad)

mr. Chad, can you verify this somehow with a pic or proof? does the NSX caliper itself stick out far enough to fit a rotor that big on a 99 Si or 94-01 Tegra Spindle?
Old 09-16-2004, 07:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NSX Calipers on EG? (Redline96LX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Redline96LX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">mr. Chad, can you verify this somehow with a pic or proof? does the NSX caliper itself stick out far enough to fit a rotor that big on a 99 Si or 94-01 Tegra Spindle?</TD></TR></TABLE>
it has been done before, thats all i know.
Old 09-16-2004, 07:54 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Redline96LX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">mr. Chad, can you verify this somehow with a pic or proof? does the NSX caliper itself stick out far enough to fit a rotor that big on a 99 Si or 94-01 Tegra Spindle?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Is your specialty questioning people?

There you go.

However, what he said was "WASHERS". This rotor/hub combo requires a 5 mm difference in either caliper mounting or hub spacing. The slightly better procedure can be found here:

http://hybrid2.honda-perf.org/....html

Substitute the nsx caliper for the accord wagon caliper. It has the same mounting points. There are also some Acura Legend calipers that are very similar and will be somewhat cheaper. The "plug and play" solution is to get that spindle, and substitute a Civic type R hub, but that will require different wheels - an expensive proposition.

Shawn
Old 09-16-2004, 08:24 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: NSX Calipers on EG? (shawnhayes)

I aint tryin to sound like a dick, just tired of people oversimplyfying things and half truths. There is little "plug and play" with upgraded brakes, like NSX calipers, theres always grinding or cutting, i just didn't know that you could get **** like this and itd fit, Didn't know the mounting points were similar.
Old 09-16-2004, 08:41 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Redline96LX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I aint tryin to sound like a dick, just tired of people oversimplyfying things and half truths. There is little "plug and play" with upgraded brakes, like NSX calipers, theres always grinding or cutting, i just didn't know that you could get **** like this and itd fit, Didn't know the mounting points were similar. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Point taken. It can be done, but it is somewhat true that it isn't exactly "simple". There are some "plug and play" approaches to making this work, but it costs a little more moola than most of us are willing to push.

If you use the "ghetto" washer approach, it will work. Spacers behind the rotor will also work.

Brian Hasty at Fastbrakes used to sell parts to make this all work properly. I don't know if he's still doing it.

I did the 5mm grind off the Accord Wagon calipers on my old Civic. Redrilled one of the rotors myself, and had a local machine shop do one of the others. It required very little work by comparison to a lot of other stuff that's been done.

Shawn