Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

now THIS is a nice roadrace CivicHatch.... ---->RacingCraft EG<-----

Old 05-30-2002, 05:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default now THIS is a nice roadrace CivicHatch.... ---- > RacingCraft EG < -----

I'm just sharing the pics of a purpose built 5th gen Hatch. OMFG that's sick, J's racing parts galore! Must be the Racing Craft Civic Hatchy Hatch

[Modified by owen_the_soyboy, 9:46 PM 5/30/2002]
Old 05-30-2002, 05:57 PM
B18C-EJ1

Default Re: now THIS is a nice roadrace CivicHatch.... ---- > RacingCraft EG < ----- (owen_the_soyboy)

Everything is so nice but that damm wing.......
Old 05-30-2002, 06:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: now THIS is a nice roadrace CivicHatch.... ---- > RacingCraft EG < ----- (B18C-EJ1)

agreed...
Old 05-30-2002, 06:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: now THIS is a nice roadrace CivicHatch.... ---- > RacingCraft EG < ----- (hybrid3do0rcx)

HOLY ****!!!
Canttx,...if you see this,...
can you believe it!!!!!!!
one of the funniest inside jokes ever....
Old 05-30-2002, 06:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: now THIS is a nice roadrace CivicHatch.... ---- > RacingCraft EG < ----- (Snatchback)

i was just wondering...whats wrong with the wing? looks okay to me...i was lookin through the hyper rev book and half the hatches in there had aluminum wings...i thought everyone here liked jdm stuff? hehe

[Modified by cxSOHChatch, 3:31 AM 5/31/2002]
Old 05-30-2002, 06:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: now THIS is a nice roadrace CivicHatch.... ---- > RacingCraft EG < ----- (cxSOHChatch)

although im not a fan of the looks of that wing..there is a difference between that wing..and the apr ones you see in the apc booth at pepboys.when i was running an open lapping practive event at streets of willow, there was a a couple DC2's running that gt wing, and they were actually pulling in every few laps and adjusting it. so i dunno.

regardless that hatch is dope besides the looks of the wing.

wow, a car with road race parts..that actually road races..what a concept..lol
Old 05-30-2002, 06:40 PM

Default Re: now THIS is a nice roadrace CivicHatch.... ---- > RacingCraft EG < ----- (owen_the_soyboy)

Mmm...that thing is sick. I saw someone post earlier how the guy was biting realtime's paint scheme. I think it looks good and it definetly looks like one mean track car.

Brian
Old 05-30-2002, 06:43 PM
Trial User

Default Re: now THIS is a nice roadrace CivicHatch.... ---- > RacingCraft EG < ----- (JaeOne3345)

Um I guess you guys are confused...this is a Race car...not a show car.

That wing most likely has a use...as in keeping the back wheels planted at higher speeds...

is everyone on here against wings no matter what the purpose?
Old 05-30-2002, 06:53 PM

Default Re: now THIS is a nice roadrace CivicHatch.... ---- > RacingCraft EG < ----- (50percentRice)

is everyone on here against wings no matter what the purpose?
Apparently. I guess the F1 cars should remove both wings because they look rice?

Shawn
Old 05-30-2002, 08:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: now THIS is a nice roadrace CivicHatch.... ---- > RacingCraft EG < ----- (VTEC CX)

nice car but that wing, J's racing or not, is gay as hell
Old 05-30-2002, 08:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: now THIS is a nice roadrace CivicHatch.... ---- > RacingCraft EG < ----- (Snatchback)

Damn, Snatchback i cant believe someone actually did it!
You were right it would look sick.

255hp
Old 05-30-2002, 10:11 PM
Banned

Default Re: now THIS is a nice roadrace CivicHatch.... ---- > RacingCraft EG < ----- (Canttx)

i just spoke to yasu fukui (the president of ats) at limerock this past sunday. a very imformative person who taught me one large thing about going to the track as an inquiring spectator...bring a damn notebook and take notes!!! that car is bulletproof for the type of racing he plans to do!

--justin
Old 05-30-2002, 10:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: now THIS is a nice roadrace CivicHatch.... ---- > RacingCraft EG < ----- (slowasscx)

I am drooling that is one mean hatch
Old 05-30-2002, 10:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are those ctr headlights? Thats the only thing I like. Looks like someone forgot to put an intake on there.
*edit* sarcasm

[Modified by Jedi Master, 11:45 PM 5/30/2002]
Old 05-30-2002, 10:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: now THIS is a nice roadrace CivicHatch.... ---- > RacingCraft EG < ----- (Jedi Master)

Are those ctr headlights? Thats the only thing I like. Looks like someone forgot to put an intake on there.
CTR headlight???!!!!!!
Old 05-30-2002, 10:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: now THIS is a nice roadrace CivicHatch.... ---- > RacingCraft EG < ----- (Jedi Master)

Nah dude, I think CTR headlights have projector beams right?
Old 05-31-2002, 04:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those are individual throttle bodies (can't remember the exact name). Cool car all functional.
Old 05-31-2002, 04:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: now THIS is a nice roadrace CivicHatch.... ---- > RacingCraft EG < ----- (CivicSiRacer)

Those are individual throttle bodies (can't remember the exact name). Cool car all functional.
yea, toda ITB.
Old 05-31-2002, 05:10 AM
New User

Default Re: now THIS is a nice roadrace CivicHatch.... ---- > RacingCraft EG < ----- (spoon_ek9)

What race, series and class Is the car competing in? and the wing? if I saw it on the street, it would be gay. But if it makes your race car faster...who cares what it looks like!
Old 05-31-2002, 05:22 AM

Default Re: now THIS is a nice roadrace CivicHatch.... ---- > RacingCraft EG < ----- (fatoldman7)

My brother had a wing like that on his hatch so I kicked the crap out of him.
Old 05-31-2002, 06:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: now THIS is a nice roadrace CivicHatch.... ---- > RacingCraft EG < ----- (fatoldman7)

What race, series and class Is the car competing in?
in th elast pic you will see a board with all of th ecomponents listed that are on the car, at the top of that board is the class... SCCA SUPER PRODUCTION CLASS

LOL that a few of you still have beef with the wing. I mean, yes it looks different but this is a purpose built car, so all looks are to be put aside. It does look similar to the GT wings all over the stupid pepboys cars all over town, but this road race civic is one good exception to the rule.

I am in love with the steering wheel and the Stack (?) gauge pod/display bolted up to it
Old 05-31-2002, 12:51 PM
B18C-EJ1

Default Re: now THIS is a nice roadrace CivicHatch.... ---- > RacingCraft EG < ----- (shawnhayes)

Apparently. I guess the F1 cars should remove both wings because they look rice?

Shawn
Oh, I want this one....

So it's RICE when a F1 has a wing? WHY? Because it goes 200MPH and does 4+ G's in the corners? OH, right, that wing actually has a purpose. It holds the rear (DRIVE) wheels down at extreme speeds, and the front wheels to control cornering.

What's that Honda got? 255HP, and FWD? So that wing does what again????

Somehow, I don't think that wing (AS BIG AS IT IS) does ****. A smaller version would suffice just fine.

[Modified by B18C-EJ1, 1:52 PM 5/31/2002]
Old 05-31-2002, 02:04 PM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Re: now THIS is a nice roadrace CivicHatch.... ---- > RacingCraft EG < ----- (B18C-EJ1)

WTF?

If any of you guys even spoke to Yasu from Racing Craft, I think you'd understand that every single piece on that car serves a purpose - including that wing.

You guys are cracking me up busting on that wing, like YOU know what the wing will and won't do on that car under RACE conditions!

Please keep the wing cracks coming, and please try to justify why you think the wing is dumb, because that "logic" is cracking me up.

Thanks for the giggles y0!
Old 05-31-2002, 05:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yes it is a bad *** car
some of you dont really know what is in the car or why it was built
the wing does have its purpose as if he removes it the car will probably spin...
his suspension is nuts 30 way crux coilovers with real high spring rates near or above 1000lb rates
Yasu is the man
and i do know he will outdrive just about anyone
I have raced with him and he is the man to beat
and that was when this was a streetcar
now its a full racecar and its way beyond insane

also yes i was at Lime Rock
and it would help to bring a notebook
what i learned on suspension setup there
I will apply to my car...I did learn tons about tuning also
anyone happen to look at RTRs spark plugs?
anyway
if one doesnt like Yasu's car
dont look at it
Old 05-31-2002, 06:22 PM

Oh, I want this one....

So it's RICE when a F1 has a wing? WHY? Because it goes 200MPH and does 4+ G's in the corners? OH, right, that wing actually has a purpose. It holds the rear (DRIVE) wheels down at extreme speeds, and the front wheels to control cornering.

What's that Honda got? 255HP, and FWD? So that wing does what again????

Somehow, I don't think that wing (AS BIG AS IT IS) does ****. A smaller version would suffice just fine.
[Modified by B18C-EJ1, 1:52 PM 5/31/2002]
Bull. The latest rule changes in Trans Am moved the big wing (exact same size of this wing) of the Panoz and the Corvette ONE INCH, and the change in downforce was measurable.

This car performs in that area of speed (Trans AM is fast, but not that fast). The wing is functional. If you don't like it, don't race it.

Shawn

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: now THIS is a nice roadrace CivicHatch.... ---->RacingCraft EG<-----