Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

(noob question) b18c1 into eg

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 06:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default (noob question) b18c1 into eg

i have both cars side by side. i want to swap in my 95 gsr motor into my 95 civic ex.

motor: I wanted to know what i need to keep from my 95 gsr. Planning to BAR the car. I also want to keep my a/c (i know i need a crv bracket/del sol), power steering, and abs. Can i use my 95 gsr harness or do i have to use the d16z6 harness? can i use all my integra mounts? which shift linkage would i use? Would i have to run a LS header because the GSR header is shorter?

suspension: planning to swap the rear disk, front knuckels, and sway bars. Will everything bolt right up? Will i need a new rear brake wire?

what else can i salvage from the 95 integra. Any suggestions would help. thanks.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (noob question) b18c1 into eg

I was able to use my stock harness, I'm pretty sure the whole swap from one car the to other is plug and play. I didn't have cars side by side so I ordered hasport mounts/etc. The suspension will bolt right up no problem. IMO you should jack as much off the gsr as possible.

(yes noob to Honda tech but not a noob to Hondas)
Old 10-12-2011, 08:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

its been years since ive swaped a motor. Just dont know where to start..
Old 10-12-2011, 08:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I think the knuckles in the SI/EX are the same as the GSR.

Same goes for the front LCAs same from SI/EX same as GSR.

Easy way to tell is if your Civic's front LCAs have a hole for a sway bar endlink to attach to, no point in swapping those over. This of course only matters if you plan on running sway bars.

Also 99% sure all the engine mounts from the Integra should work on the EX.

Dont know much about the engine harness though.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

IMO I'd pull the motor from the gsr and just begin your basic swap and just use what you can from the gsr. It's a very simple swap, like JGallamore said above I agree.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Also eg/dc chassis are about 90% identical as far as suspension and mounts. Just the dc got the better parts.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by whitehf
i have both cars side by side. i want to swap in my 95 gsr motor into my 95 civic ex.

motor: I wanted to know what i need to keep from my 95 gsr. Planning to BAR the car. I also want to keep my a/c (i know i need a crv bracket/del sol), power steering, and abs. Can i use my 95 gsr harness or do i have to use the d16z6 harness? can i use all my integra mounts? which shift linkage would i use? Would i have to run a LS header because the GSR header is shorter?

suspension: planning to swap the rear disk, front knuckels, and sway bars. Will everything bolt right up? Will i need a new rear brake wire?

what else can i salvage from the 95 integra. Any suggestions would help. thanks.
i'd buy new mounts (hasport). i believe you can switch over the whole GSR exhaust with little to no mods.
for the rear disc it will bolt up. you need to buy new E-brake cables and proportion valve or else your brakes will wear very fast. look up how to do a rear disc swap and you'll see what you need. i've looked it up before and there's plenty of info on it. i'd also get new pads, etc etc while you're doing it.
make sure to take the GSR leather seats!
Old 10-12-2011, 10:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Kohen
i'd buy new mounts (hasport). i believe you can switch over the whole GSR exhaust with little to no mods.
for the rear disc it will bolt up. you need to buy new E-brake cables and proportion valve or else your brakes will wear very fast. look up how to do a rear disc swap and you'll see what you need. i've looked it up before and there's plenty of info on it. i'd also get new pads, etc etc while you're doing it.
make sure to take the GSR leather seats!
that be great if i could use my old gsr exhaust system....are you positive about it, cause i have a comptech system and id love to slap it on my civic..

as for the mounts, i think im going to run stock mounts...its going to be my daily driver and i dont want my dashboard vibrating everytime i rev my motor...
Old 10-12-2011, 08:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by whitehf
that be great if i could use my old gsr exhaust system....are you positive about it, cause i have a comptech system and id love to slap it on my civic..

as for the mounts, i think im going to run stock mounts...its going to be my daily driver and i dont want my dashboard vibrating everytime i rev my motor...
i just read that you just have to cut about 2-3 inches off a straight part of the exhaust to make it fit. so have a muffler/exhaust shop do it or maybe have it stick out if it doesn't bug you.

and hasport mounts > OEM mounts. hasport mounts are OEM fitting. just better. haha. and if anything it'll help with less vibration.