Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

non turbo car with a BOV?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 10:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default non turbo car with a BOV?

is this possible? in pics i see that the bov is mounted on the intake if not mistaken?
or is this even possible?
Old 09-28-2006, 10:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: non turbo car with a BOV? (mechanicnoob)

yes it is mounted to the intake. but without the built up pressure from the turbo, the bov will not go off. so i dont see the point. you could mount one on i guess, but it wouldnt function.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the purpose of a BOV is to relieve un-needed pressure from a turbo'd car when the throttle is released and the increased intake pressure is not needed. i dont see this having any application on a non-turbo intake manifold.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:10 PM

Default Re: non turbo car with a BOV? (wudini)

oh i see
so is there not enough pressure on non turboed car when you accelerate harder etc to make it go off? is it that much more pressure
Old 09-28-2006, 10:37 PM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Honnestly ....

this is so gay.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:40 PM
footwork mastery

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: (Eran)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Honnestly ....

this is so gay.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 09-28-2006, 10:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Honnestly ....

thats pretty lame dude. so he doesn't know...there's only one way to find out right? what's the purpose of this forum if not to help people with **** they don't know.

for the OP, no there would not be enough pressure to activate the BOV, when a turbo spools its compacts a tremendous amount of pressure into the intake. when the butterfly on your throttle body closes it leaves this leftover pressure with nowhere to go. a BOV helps relieve some of this to make the turbo more efficient
Old 09-28-2006, 10:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Gremice)

IBTL
Old 09-28-2006, 10:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (AMS MIKE)

idiot!
Old 09-28-2006, 10:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dohcVTECeg2)

next time one of you has a question...i hope i'm the only one with the answer. grow up. if this thread does get locked i hope the OP learned something beforehand
Old 09-28-2006, 10:46 PM
HT White Ops

Default Re: (wudini)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wudini &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thats pretty lame dude. so he doesn't know...there's only one way to find out right? what's the purpose of this forum if not to help people with **** they don't know.

for the OP, no there would not be enough pressure to activate the BOV, when a turbo spools its compacts a tremendous amount of pressure into the intake. when the butterfly on your throttle body closes it leaves this leftover pressure with nowhere to go. a BOV helps relieve some of this to make the turbo more efficient</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sorry, I don't understand the concept behind knowing what a part is .... and not knowing how it works. The only reason someone asks this question is because they want that "hella cool turbo noise." If he wanted to know what a bov did, he would have asked "What is a BOV for?" or "What does a BOV do?" But instead, he wants to know if he can put one on a non-turboed car. This thread was doomed from the beginning.

OP - Yes, you physically can put one on. No, it won't do anything, not even make noise.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if he knew what a BOV did, he wouldn't have had to ask. common sense.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Some of these jokers think they are god of hondas or something.

Just answer his question or STFU. You act like you born knowing everything.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:00 PM
HT White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wudini &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if he knew what a BOV did, he wouldn't have had to ask. common sense.</TD></TR></TABLE>

He didn't ask, tho. He asked if he could put it on his car. People that want parts for thier cars with no knowege of the function of posers.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:01 PM
HT White Ops

Default Re: (Nameless Warrior)

And you're a trial. **** off. I'm allowed to make fun of ricers, I lit a set of altezzas on fire as a right of passage.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: 99 probs but a stolen car aint 1, ca, cerritos/fullerton

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wudini &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

thats pretty lame dude. so he doesn't know...there's only one way to find out right? what's the purpose of this forum if not to help people with **** they don't know.

for the OP, no there would not be enough pressure to activate the BOV, when a turbo spools its compacts a tremendous amount of pressure into the intake. when the butterfly on your throttle body closes it leaves this leftover pressure with nowhere to go. a BOV helps relieve some of this to make the turbo more efficient</TD></TR></TABLE>
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nameless Warrior &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Some of these jokers think they are god of hondas or something.

Just answer his question or STFU. You act like you born knowing everything.</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wudini &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">next time one of you has a question...i hope i'm the only one with the answer. grow up. if this thread does get locked i hope the OP learned something beforehand</TD></TR></TABLE>

Werd
Old 09-28-2006, 11:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mechanicnoob &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">oh i see
so is there not enough pressure on non turboed car when you accelerate harder etc to make it go off? is it that much more pressure</TD></TR></TABLE>

he did ask.

/thread
Old 09-29-2006, 03:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

so does that mean i don't need my n/a intercooler?
but it looks so hot...
Old 09-29-2006, 03:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: non turbo car with a BOV? (alacard)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by alacard &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yes it is mounted to the intake. but without the built up pressure from the turbo, the bov will not go off. so i dont see the point. you could mount one on i guess, but it wouldnt function.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That was really all that was needed.

Quit with the bullcrap bashing because people don't know as much as you. I'm sure there are people on this forum who could embarrass each and every one of you.