Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

No Start Condition -

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 09:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Start Condition -

I am having a bit of trouble getting my car to start, and I have almost narrowed it down to the distributor. So far, I have two that I am working with. Here is a rundown of what is in the car:

D16y7 Stock
NGK Blues
OEM Honda Dist Cap
OReilley's Rotor
p06 chipped with basemap for 15G turbo, base timing 12* chipped in July of '10...

I have two distributors that I am working with, one from a backup y8 that I have at the house. I tested the coil using this:

But I am getting .8 ohms at the primary, and 16,xxx ohms at the secondary winding distance. I replaced the cap and rotor with new ones, but the issue is not there. I am getting 12v at the Dist plug with the switch in the ON position, and I am getting 12v at the coil, but nothing when doing a spark test coming out of the wires. I swapped out the ignitors and then swapped out the distributor housings as well since I did not want to take the pickups.

There is no spark whatsoever, so the motor just turns over with no attempt at "catching". No CELs. Fuel presure gauge inline and raw fuel smell let's me know fuel is definitely getting to the head..

I tried running a p2e ecu and the car is more responsive, at least trying to "catch" but I wouldn't expect it to do much, with the iacv pinned for a 2 wire setup from the 3 wire it had previously.

More background: the motor's harness was modified to accommodate the injectors with a resistor box repinned for the new iacv. Had an issue with the distributor plug, harness side after the auto to manual swap, but replaced that some time ago so its a non-issue. All of this in a 99 LX

I have no idea what else could be the issue, or where else to look since I really dont have much ignition experience. Any ideas?