Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

No spark with MSD ignition, just started after like 5 months of working

Old 07-27-2004, 07:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No spark with MSD ignition, just started after like 5 months of working

I know this is a long explanation of my problem, but I just want to make sure I get the whole story straight so its easier for people to help me. OK here I go - I have had an MSD SCI ignition with an Accel coil and the MSD distributor cap with the external coil connection on my B18B1 since I put my turbo on like 5 months ago. It has worked great the whole time. Just 3 days ago I started having problems starting my car. I went to start it the first time and it tried to start but it sounded like it wansnt getting a spark. I put in new spark plugs (NGK BCPR7ES-11, just like the old ones) and it started up fine later that day. I drove it for 10 minutes to the bank and I went inside for like 5 minutes and when I came out it didnt start, and sounded exactly like it did before. I messed with the plug wires and connections for a little while and nothing helped. I left it there for like 5 hours and came back and it started up fine and I drove it back home. I started it later that night to check on it and it worked fine.
The next day I drove it to my friends house and it worked fine the whole time starting and on the way there. When I left I floored it and peeled out through 1st gear and when I shifted to 2nd and floored it again it cut off and wouldnt start again. I thought it would start again later like before but it didnt. I checked for spark from the plug wires and coil but there was nothing. I got an MSD Blaster 2 coil and put it on the next day, it didnt start right away but it started with the new coil after a minute. I drove it for about 10 minutes and it was running fine, and then I let it idle for like 5 minutes while I was at the car wash, but after I left there it wasnt idling right so I knew something was wrong, after I shut it off that time it hasnt started up at all since then. Is there a way I can check my distributor to see if it is the problem? I am going to check my MSD box tomorrow. Has anyone ever had any problems like this? Could it be my ECU messing up by any chance?
Thanks for any help