Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Nitrous Bottle Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 01:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous Bottle Question

Quick question; I've searched and I haven't found much - Does anyone run their nitrous bottle in the driver/passenger compartment or is it always in the trunk? I want to install the bottle behind my seat so I dont need a remote bottle opener. My only concern would be safety.

Refrain from "Bottles are for babies, comments." or any NAZZZZ comments. Useful information is always appreciated. Thanks a mil.

Old 09-15-2006, 01:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Nitrous Bottle Question (SRCivic97)

i really don't mess with NOS, but i have usually seen them in the trunk. safety is always a big issue. IMO, i would leave it in the trunk. it's alot easier for cops to see in the front anyway, avoid the problem (with the cops i mean).
Old 09-15-2006, 02:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Usually they're in the trunk. When I was working on a drag trans-am at my friend's shop it was in the passenger's "area" (where the seat would be if the interior wasn't gutted). His brother has an JDM Honda NSX and he has a bottle on it and it's smack dab between the two seats (so it's right next to your arm/shoulder when sitting in the car) - That's nice because it's central so the trauma to the bottle chance is less, though I still wouldn't recommend it. I'd leave it in the trunk, you should be okay regardless of where it is, though if it's a full bottle and it does infact go up, it's like your fuel tank, it's not really going to matter worth of **** where it is in the car and you won't really feel it either.

IMO: Put it in the trunk and use a remote bottle opener. Behind the seat is fine IMO. I was thinking of right in back of the e-brake straight up and down or sideways, but then I decided that I don't have money for a new engine if I blow it so expletive nitrous :-P.
Old 09-15-2006, 02:21 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If it's in the passenger compartment you need to be sure you have a good blowdown tube.
Old 09-15-2006, 02:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Archidictus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If it's in the passenger compartment you need to be sure you have a good blowdown tube.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, definite must for any nitrous bottle located inside the "cockpit." You are talking about that deal that if it gets too hot or overflows it vents the nitrous to the outside, right? If so then yeah, if not then you still should get one of those if it's inside the cabin part of the car.
Old 09-15-2006, 03:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Syndacate)

mines in my hatch, i dont have a trunk.
Old 09-15-2006, 03:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JSPECSIR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JSPECSIR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">mines in my hatch, i dont have a trunk. </TD></TR></TABLE>

You still have a trunk if you have a hatchback. The hatch is simply the piece you lift to acccess the trunk. The hatch takes the place of what's called a "trunk lid" on a coupe or sedan. When you lift the hatch, the area you are looking at is the "trunk space" - further dubbed as "the trunk."

Your whole word symantecs game/pun there didn't really work.

From what I know, all Hondas have trunks, even the NSX has a tiny one up front.

Unless you're saying it's in the hatch itself (the door if you will), in which case that's really stupid because if you get rear ended that's the first thing the other guy will hit. Though I don't think it's there, I think it's in your trunk and you were just trying to be a smartass, like I said: GJ.
Old 09-15-2006, 03:34 PM

Where would you vent the blow down tube? Do you need to cut a hole in the floor for it? Let me know. Thanks for all the positive responses btw.
Old 09-15-2006, 03:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you can sit on the ****** bottle if you want just make sure you have a blow down tube
Old 09-15-2006, 04:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You still have a trunk if you have a hatchback. The hatch is simply the piece you lift to acccess the trunk. The hatch takes the place of what's called a "trunk lid" on a coupe or sedan. When you lift the hatch, the area you are looking at is the "trunk space" - further dubbed as "the trunk."

Your whole word symantecs game/pun there didn't really work.

From what I know, all Hondas have trunks, even the NSX has a tiny one up front.

Unless you're saying it's in the hatch itself (the door if you will), in which case that's really stupid because if you get rear ended that's the first thing the other guy will hit. Though I don't think it's there, I think it's in your trunk and you were just trying to be a smartass, like I said: GJ.</TD></TR></TABLE>
om yeah, not trying to be a smartass. heres a pic, and hatch cover or not the bottle is in the cabin area. i dont think the hatch cover would stop the nitrous from leaking past it. click to enlarge.
Old 09-15-2006, 04:06 PM

Clean setup man.

"I can sit on the ******* bottle." is not the response I was going for bro. I was wondering if anyone had experience with porting out the nos with a blow down tube in the **** pit
Old 09-15-2006, 05:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SRCivic97)

Mount it behind one of the front seats and cut a hole in the floor.

Where's the problem???
Old 09-15-2006, 05:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

keep it in the trunk, and have a electronic bottle opener. thats the baller status.
Old 09-15-2006, 06:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (t0p_sh0tta)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by t0p_sh0tta &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Mount it behind one of the front seats and cut a hole in the floor.

??</TD></TR></TABLE>
+1
mount it so that it won't be a hazard in a wreck.make sure you won't hit it with any body parts while flailing around.behind the front seats in the rear floorboard is good.
mount it securely.you don't want it coming loose in the event of a wreck.
blowdown tube is highly recommended.drill a small hole and vent it outside.
you may not want it in plain sight,just to prevent cop hassles.a good trick is to cut the bottom out of a big duffle bag and lay it over the bottle.hides it completely,and just reach inside to turn the bottle on/off.
chris
Old 09-15-2006, 06:28 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (TeamNextGenChris)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by philosofy1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> IMO, i would leave it in the trunk. it's alot easier for cops to see in the front anyway, avoid the problem (with the cops i mean). </TD></TR></TABLE>

my bro had his where the passengers feet go & just covered it with his rug
he was pulled over many times & police never seen it
Old 09-15-2006, 08:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I had my bottle sitting in the back of the passager seat covered with a blanket... got pulled over, cop didn't even noticed !!! now I have it in trunk !!!
Old 09-15-2006, 08:48 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Nitrous Bottle Question (Harryflores)

Bottles are for babies.

NAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWZZZZZZZZZZ YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Don't you just love me Corey?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by t0p_sh0tta &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Mount it behind one of the front seats and cut a hole in the floor.

Where's the problem???</TD></TR></TABLE>

Do this but make sure to get under the car before you do it to make sure you don't trill a hole through a brake, fuel, or other important line. I think you could vent it into the hump for the exhaust.

BTW, what the hell are you doing toying with Nitrous? Does the GF approve of this?
Old 09-15-2006, 08:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JSPECSIR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
om yeah, not trying to be a smartass. heres a pic, and hatch cover or not the bottle is in the cabin area. i dont think the hatch cover would stop the nitrous from leaking past it. click to enlarge.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

You said: "<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JSPECSIR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">mines in my hatch, i dont have a trunk. </TD></TR></TABLE>"

"Mine's in my hatch, I don't have a trunk." You just took a picture of your trunk with the bottle in there.

Whatever, I don't care, not worth the argument.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:04 PM

Default Re: Nitrous Bottle Question (SOHC4life 96)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOHC4life 96 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Bottles are for babies.

NAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWZZZZZZZZZZ YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Don't you just love me Corey?

Do this but make sure to get under the car before you do it to make sure you don't trill a hole through a brake, fuel, or other important line. I think you could vent it into the hump for the exhaust.

BTW, what the hell are you doing toying with Nitrous? Does the GF approve of this?</TD></TR></TABLE>

HAHA I love you B - RAD! **** no the girlfriend has NO idea I picked up this kit, nor does she know about the CTR fenders I had shipped. I have NO idea how I am going to pass those off. I will be out of town when all that **** arrives too. Maybe I can say Vic gave me stuff he had left over in his garage for free, hehe.

Old 09-15-2006, 09:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Nitrous Bottle Question (SOHC4life 96)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOHC4life 96 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

BTW, what the hell are you doing toying with Nitrous? Does the GF approve of this?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Do I know you?
Old 09-15-2006, 09:13 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Nitrous Bottle Question (t0p_sh0tta)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SRCivic97 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">HAHA I love you B - RAD! **** no the girlfriend has NO idea I picked up this kit, nor does she know about the CTR fenders I had shipped. I have NO idea how I am going to pass those off. I will be out of town when all that **** arrives too. Maybe I can say Vic gave me stuff he had left over in his garage for free, hehe.</TD></TR></TABLE>

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH *thud* Well take them one at a time. First try and pass the fenders off. Once you get that, hit the "Go Baby Go" button when she's in the car and then explain that one.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by t0p_sh0tta &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Do I know you?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, I'm your secret lover. But it's not so secret anymore.
Old 09-16-2006, 01:55 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

One of our guys keeps it behind his seat covered with a blanket. The only safety concern with nitrous is the actually pressure if you were to break the bottle. Nitrous is not flammable nor toxic, though it might make you feel a little lightheaded.
Old 09-16-2006, 03:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You said: ""

"Mine's in my hatch, I don't have a trunk." You just took a picture of your trunk with the bottle in there.

Whatever, I don't care, not worth the argument.</TD></TR></TABLE>

o rly, so i should assume the area in a mini van, an suv, and a school bus, behind the rear seat is a trunk too huh? maybe we should just agree to disagree, and leave it at that. you know to mato, tu moto

Modified by JSPECSIR at 8:48 AM 9/16/2006