Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

nice ass civic but no performance mods?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 10:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nice *** civic but no performance mods?

im getting a si hatch, im gonna put cf hood, hatch, duckbill, and lip, lower and blades. if my car is completely stock will it be weird?

also, is it worth it to super charge or turbo a sohc? what about nos?
Old 01-31-2006, 10:21 AM

Default Re: nice *** civic but no performance mods? (ZipTieGuy)

visual quality is what my car has as well, but alas, i am still working up the money for a swap.

in my opinion:
nos
supercharger or turbo is the way to go. which one you want is your preference. buti recommend drag: turbo. all around: supercharge
Old 01-31-2006, 10:25 AM

Default Re: nice *** civic but no performance mods? (Znypar)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Znypar &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">visual quality is what my car has as well, but alas, i am still working up the money for a swap.

in my opinion:
nos
supercharger or turbo is the way to go. which one you want is your preference. buti recommend drag: turbo. all around: supercharge</TD></TR></TABLE>

Lol

Right there is all you need. Now we'll have two pages of turbo vs supercharger and replies.

/thread
Old 01-31-2006, 10:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: nice *** civic but no performance mods? (Everyones Hero)

look at this and repeat .. Function <U>BEFORE</U> fashion
Old 01-31-2006, 10:54 AM

Default Re: nice *** civic but no performance mods? (haveaniceday)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by haveaniceday &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">look at this and repeat .. Function <U>BEFORE</U> fashion</TD></TR></TABLE>

well i want my car to look nice, and I dont wanna race my ****. I just want some power just in case you know.

if I super charge my car, well I be able to reuse the kit on a DOHC? cuz I'm gonna swap when the motor blows
Old 01-31-2006, 10:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

how many miles are on the Z6?.. if you plan to swap why even put money into the motor .. no you wont be able to use a d16 supercharger on a b16/18..
Old 01-31-2006, 11:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by haveaniceday &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> if you plan to swap why even put money into the motor .. </TD></TR></TABLE>

because he is prolly 16 or 17 and cant waut a year...
Old 01-31-2006, 11:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: nice *** civic but no performance mods? (tuck'd98)

buy my old turbo **** and then the z6 will be fast lol
Old 01-31-2006, 11:20 AM

"well i want my car to look nice, and I dont wanna race my ****. I just want some power just in case you know."

I agree. But remember that visual mods attract thieves, but most performance mods are not visible from the outside.

First you have to determine how healthy your engine is (compression and leakdown test). If it is healthy, you could just bolt on a turbo or supercharger kit and gain plenty of power (remember that tuning is key!). Otherwise, you should either rebuild and use FI or swap to a b-series now.

"if I super charge my car, well I be able to reuse the kit on a DOHC? cuz I'm gonna swap when the motor blows"

The immediate answer is no, the supercharger will not work cross platform. However if you turbo, you can reuse some of the parts (piping, bov, etc), and even the turbo if it isn't too small for the B. On another note, however, I don't think you should just assume the motor will blow. This either means you won't care enough about tuning to keep it healthy (and eventually drive it to death) or have enough money that you should just swap the b-series in now.

Old 01-31-2006, 12:29 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

I put minor cheap visual mods on my car (type r lip, cf duckbill, integra seats and some painted hx rims) until i could afford my motor swap, but thats just me..
Old 01-31-2006, 12:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by haveaniceday &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">look at this and repeat .. Function <U>BEFORE</U> fashion</TD></TR></TABLE>

Go sleeper mode!
Old 01-31-2006, 12:58 PM

Default Re: nice *** civic but no performance mods? (OogalyDoogaly)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by OogalyDoogaly &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Go sleeper mode!</TD></TR></TABLE>

You mean like primer that's gone on at different times so it's all different shades of black and black/gray? And like on steelies?

You mean like no type arrrrr lip? No JDM fogs or side blinkers? No amber corners? No rotas? Come on man, they can at least get the parking stick, right?

My car is a sleeper until you hear the turbo. Sounds like a toddler that just had it's fingers cut off in a blender.
Old 01-31-2006, 01:31 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Everyones Hero &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
My car is a sleeper until you hear the turbo. Sounds like a toddler that just had it's fingers cut off in a blender.</TD></TR></TABLE>
bwahahahaha. i can only imagine that sound
Old 01-31-2006, 01:36 PM
* B A N N E D *

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: nice *** civic but no performance mods? (Znypar)

Welcome to Atlanta....Bling before ANYthing

You guys need to stop bein so damn copetitive and learn to chill....
Old 01-31-2006, 02:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

simply:
I rather have a reliable car that has power but stock looks than a car w/ stock performance that's lookin good

Sleepers pwn

EDIT:
For 700 bucks you can throw together a nice turbo system...

But if ur engine's about to blow, I wouldn't be putting $ into it, but iwth that motor I'd go turbocharger over supercharger....
Old 01-31-2006, 02:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Syndacate)

buy my **** yo lol
Old 01-31-2006, 03:06 PM

you want what is refered to as a ricey car on honda-tech
Old 01-31-2006, 03:14 PM

turbo turbo turbo.. do it do it do it... everybodys doing, why not join!
Old 01-31-2006, 06:23 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Everyones Hero &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
My car is a sleeper until you hear the turbo. Sounds like a toddler that just had it's fingers cut off in a blender.</TD></TR></TABLE>
yeah or if they see the obvious intercooler in front...
Old 01-31-2006, 11:05 PM

to the people that call me ricey, you guys are wrong. im driving a gsr right now got some heat but its only lowered. no nothing. i even kept the stock exhaust

the point is that I'll be having two cars, I MAY sell the gsr but not shure

i will swap a motor in the SI but only after i drive the z6 to death. it has 185k but its the original owner whos a familt friend, and he took very very good car of the car. he knows about cars too not like most people who go a year without a oil change.

i guess i may keep my gsr as a DD and my hatch also a DD but a really fixed up one, but I dont know where im get the money to do all that

which is why i think if I sell the gsr i have money to fix up the hatch.

and first and foremost I want a nice lookin car not your average motor swaped honda that looks like a bucket

I plan on working suspension first, then hood and hatch and lip and duckbill. any maybe seats

my question is will it be weird when my car looks nice but is actually slow as ****?
Old 02-01-2006, 02:38 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

take the motor from the gsr and completely part out the teggy...
Old 02-01-2006, 03:00 AM

Default Re: (jdmpremonition)

If you want serious power, i would go with turbo, before a supercharger. A supercharger is good for track racing, but a turbo will be better for straight away. Reason i say this is a supercharger can only boost up to a point (pulley size will help increase it.) because it runs off how fast you can turn your pulleys. also your pipping(sp?) hot air into the engine (jackson racing type supercharger), I believe Vortec(sp?) is pretty much a turbo run off a pulley(?) not sure. looks like it at least. a turbo, the air will get cooled down by the intercooler.

nitrous will give you an edge on the competition. in my opinion, i would only get nitrous if i was drag racing(either street or competition). a supercharger, or a turbo properly tuned will get you enough power to do most what you want, especially if you dont want to race your car. my civic, I smoke cars right now, literally, I'm blowing tons of smoke out my back. haha. I wouldnt dream of doing anything to the engine until i get a new one. and for the exterior mods, i would rather spend the money on getting a new engine or alcohol.

Old 02-01-2006, 03:27 AM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (petersayarath)

My car is ugly as ****, but it's fast as ****. That's not what I was going for, but my priorities are clearly outlined.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (litterbox)

you forgot something, your avatar is ugly as **** too
Old 02-01-2006, 09:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Soccerking3000)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Soccerking3000 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you forgot something, your avatar is ugly as **** too </TD></TR></TABLE>

I hope thats not his mom or someone he loves that your makin fun of.
but LMFAO!!!

Quick Reply: nice ass civic but no performance mods?