Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Newbie saying hello

Old 06-26-2002, 05:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Destroying turbo ITR motors in Minneapolis, MN, U.S.A.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie saying hello

hey guys, I'm new here, even though I've been reading this forum like a bible for the last month. I hail from Minnesota, and I run http://www.mnsr.org . It is a little website that me and a few friends made to document street races across the Twin Cities.
Now, I know that a lot of you guys are legit, and only like to take it to the track. I completely respect that, and I have decided to stop street racing and take it to the track. I wanted to let you guys know about my site, since we will be shutting it down in about a month. Myself, along with the other founders, feel that street racing is very stupid, and I've gotten into too much trouble and seen too many things go wrong to want to be associated with it anymore (hence, why I'm shutting it down in the next few weeks).

But, for those of you who like street racing would like to check it out, feel free. We have about 40 videos, a bunch of pics, and a forum that's busy as hell (but nothing like this). My favorite video was when my buddy's civic ex w/ls motor and direct-port nitrous beat a 2001 vette z06! You guys don't believe me? check out the vid for yourself (even though my camera lost focus halfway through , you can hear me yelling "oh ****!" to signal the win ).

Anyways, about me...

I've got a 97 civic ex coupe, milano red, i/h/e, 17's , etc. etc. but I probably wont post pics until I'm done with the majority of the rest of the mods (probably by spring). I'm pretty sure I want to go with a greddy turbo kit and motor buildup in the future, but I'm still saving up and doing some more homework on the tuning process, etc. to make sure I get the most out of being boosted (as VTC_Civic says, it's all in the tuning, couldn't be more right).

Lastly, I don't know his username, but I just wanted to say thank you to the guy with the black type r who introduced me to Honda-tech. If you read this, I'm the kid you talked to at Lake Calhoun, you were the one who left your car at elite autosport over the winter, i dunno, maybe you'll remember sometime.

K, I'm done, just wanted to say hi, and this forum is the **** (meaning the level of rice is almost nonexistent ).

Old 06-26-2002, 05:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Newbie saying hello (fnananon)

Word. Welcome n00b. Ill be in the twin cities from tommorrow till sunday... whats to do there?
Old 06-26-2002, 05:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Destroying turbo ITR motors in Minneapolis, MN, U.S.A.
Default Re: Newbie saying hello (N8)

nothing really, what r u looking for? hit up lake calhoun during the daytime for some good cruising by the lake, or downtown minneapolis, tons of bars, ladies, etc.

Hey, if you check my forum on http://www.mnsr.org, there's gonna be a car show at Raceway Park in Shakopee (I think it's the volksport show), and there's gonna be a ton of people there. If you'd like, you can check out the MN "scene" (or lack thereof). Head to Midway (if you dont know where that is, ask someone how to get to the corner of University and Snelling in St. Paul). What people do is cruise up and down University Ave. There's plenty of ricers (I don't mean imports in general, I mean RICERS) but I'd say there's more domestics. After they hang out at the lots, they get kicked out by St. Paul PD and head out to the racing spots around the cities. The racing in the twin cities is WEAK, to say the least. There is some good racing going on, but it's all on the DL. Hope that helped.

[Modified by fnananon, 3:02 AM 6/27/2002]
Old 06-26-2002, 06:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Newbie saying hello (fnananon)

welcome to H-T