Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

newbie question!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 07:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie question!!!

I've done a search on this topic and found an article on the faq about automatic to manual swap. Even though i've read the article, i'm not clear on certain parts so i want to ask a few more questions so please excuse me if it's kinda redundant.

I just bout a automatic 97 dx for 600 and i would like to do a h22a4 swap along with a manual swap. I would like to know what parts would i need to do the manual swap so that it could work with the h22 engine.

In this thread it list the parts i need but i'm not sure if it still apply since they are doing a manual swap for an ex and not for h22. any help would be greatly appreciate.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1337459
Old 08-16-2005, 07:48 PM

afaik, all the parts would be the same, except maybe the shift linkage, and slave cylinder. and maybe the shifter itself, maybe not.
i remember they did a prelude swap into a crx and had to change the shifter, they used one from an accord.. so it may be different. im not sure.
Old 08-16-2005, 08:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (rabius)

anyone else. thanx for the info^^^ here's the list of parts that i've compile so far. not sure if it's correct.
some were taken from thread i've found by searching. please tell me if i'm missing anything

Engine: H22a4

Tranny: h22 series tranny

Clutch/flywheel/ pressure plate: buy brand name for H series
Pedal Assembly: We used a manual pedal (gas to clutch) from a 96-00 manual. But actually all you really need is the clutch one. You could actually keep your auto pedals and just add a clutch one and your set. That way you dont have to worry about pulling the pedals out, which by the way is the hardest part of the swap. You are going to need to get a pin to hold the clutch to the peddle. Part #: 46912-SD4-000

Manual Starter - You will need a manual starter for your new manual transmission, your automatic one will not line up correctly, thus not allowing it to work. Again, this is a part that I would recommend buying brand new because it's a very crucial part to driving your car. Again, you can purchase these at autopart stores/internet websites. Part #95701-10100-08

Clutch Resovior - This peice holds your clutch fluid and also the master cylindar sits on the opposite side of it. This is a part that you can buy used from a local junkyard.

Shift linkage: H series shift Linkage

Slave Cylindar - This part connects to your transmission. I was lucky and my tranny already had one on it. You can purchase this part at a local junkyard. From a 96-98 civic

Master Cylindar - Like I stated earlier, this peice sits on the other side of your clutch resovir and connects to the clutch pedal itself. This is a piece that I got lost on. My master cylindar never came with the cotter pin that is needed. Now, this peice connects to master cylindar to the clutch pedal itself and allows you to engage the clutch. You can find this part at an junkyard. From 96-98 civic

Throttle Cable - civic 96-98

Shift Boot - civic 96-98

Shift **** - civic 96-98

Shifter - civic 96-98

Shifter Bushings - You'll need several bushings for the shift linkage so it sits nice and tight, I purchased these parts brand new from Honda.

VSS:??

ECU: H22a4 ecu

Manual Console Piece - Your AT console peice will not work with a shift boot (well, you can modify it) Junkyard

Modified by tommiboy at 5:58 AM 8/17/2005

I've found a 2000 civic manual. can i use the parts on 2000 on 1997 for the manual conversion please let me know. thanx

Modified by tommiboy at 7:58 PM 8/17/2005