Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

New user wants advice on a bodykit

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 04:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New user wants advice on a bodykit

Hiya i'm new to this forum, I own a 95 ESi EG hatchback.

I was on my way back from Japfest last saturday when i had a bit of an accident, to cut a long story short I've ended up with a big dent in the pasenger side rear wing. I also need a new front bumper, two front wings, bonnet and a side skirt!

But instead of paying loads to buy standard parts and have them sprayed I thought i'd spend a little more and have a bodykit fitted at the same time.

I don't want it to look like something out of Fax Flower though, just something sleek & sexy.
Old 05-27-2004, 04:43 AM
Vice President/CEO

Default Re: New user wants advice on a bodykit (swiftcivic)

alot of wings there...
Old 05-27-2004, 04:44 AM

Don't get it.
Old 05-27-2004, 04:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (infinatenexus)

I dont relly like too many body kits, but if you're set on getting one, the ONLY ONE I recomend is the Wings West RS, not too much going with it but its still clean

Old 05-27-2004, 05:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New user wants advice on a bodykit (swiftcivic)

have you had a chance to read this? It's right at the top on the very first page. Read the very first paragraph newb. https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=797969

Originally Posted by B18C5-EH2
MISSION STATEMENT FOR THE EG+CIVIC/DEL SOL FORUM:
This forum is for the discussion of TECHNICAL issues for any 1992-up Civic (except for the 02-up Civic Si) and any 1993-1997 Del Sols. The primary goals of this forum are for people to gather useful information regarding said vehicles. Topics whose sole purpose are for appearance will be moved to the Appearance/Cosmetic forum even if the topic concerns the aforementioned vehicles that this forum pertains to.

So now let me emphasize something that may have been overlooked in the past. This forum has FOUR active moderators that have the ability to lock, edit, move, and delete topics and edit/ban users as we see fit.

These moderators are (names are clickable):

B18C5-EH2 (myself)

BauleyCivic

keithv

Ricey McRicerton

Keep this in mind if you are in need of some assistance regarding something to do with this forum such as a topic in need of a lock, a possible topic you'd like to start, etc. We will all try our best to accomodate the members of this forum.

In addition to the four "active" mods listed we also have more listed if you will simply click "forum stats" at the top of the main page for this forum. In the event that you cannot reach any of the above mods please contact any other listed mod that is logged on for immediate assistance.

Having said that, let's get down to the new rules. The old rules worked for roughly 2-3 years now, but they are obsolete due to the ever-changing face of this forum. In any rules that states "we" it means the active moderators of the EG+Civic/Del Sol Forum.

THESE NEW RULES ARE NOT UP FOR DISCUSSION, DEBATE, ETC.

1. Please do a search on your question BEFORE you post a topic.

Please try searching numerous key words under "recent" and "archived" topics in this forum and in the Hybrid Forum, or any other forum that applies to your topic at hand.

This forum is being ruined by too many of the same tired "B16A vs. B18C1?" topics and "Should I boost my SOHC or Get a Swap?" type topics. We understand that you want guidance, but rather than post an open topic, why not o some searching and find members here that have had successful builds/swaps and carry on an IM conversation with him or her?

We do care about what you want to do, but when we have literally 10 open topics about the exact same thing it gets highly annoying. This MB is here for ALL of us, not just one person who thinks we should all cater to him or her by posting in his or her topic while he or she NEVER performs searches and doesn't even browse the topics in the first few pages of the forum.

2. PLEASE MAKE THE TITLE TO YOUR TOPICS VERY CLEAR AND TO THE POINT.

Titles with just "Question here..." or "who knows..." or "HELP NEEDED!!! probably won't garner enough interst from the people who might actually be best to answer your question. I see these type of threads sink rapidly and then the thread starter rips on H-T for sucking because nobody answered their question. TOPICS WITH VAGUE TITLES WILL EITHER BE EDITIED BY ME OR SIMPLY DELETED.

3. There will be ABSOLUTELY NO PICTURE TOPICS Allowed in this forum any longer. Picture topics belong in the Appearance/Cosmetic Forum!

Obviously once per member per three months isn't working, because the forum is overrun with the same tired "look at MY car" topics.

If you post pics of your car they had better be technically related, and that doesn't mean scrounging up some semi lame tech just to sneak pics of your car in. We will know the difference between an actual tech topic and a show-off topic with some wannabe tech thrown in.

We do care about your car and we want to see it, so if you want to put a link to your picture topic (that resides in the Appearance/Cosmetic Forum) then please do so. Trust us it works for many users here. Also don't forget about the user garage feature we have here on Honda-Tech.

4. "Look What I Got Today! and UPS Man Came Today!" topics are frowned upon!

Topics like these usually end up nothing more than a show-off bling bling crapfest, and it clutters the forum. If you have some tech to go with the pictures then by all means, but pics of wheels, tires, exhausts, etc. don't really have much tech that can acompany them. If you can explain more about the parts and tell us all how they affected your driving experiences then by all means please help the rest of us, but bragging-type topics suck for everyone.

These topics will be looked at in a case-by case manner, but generally speaking they will either get locked or moved to the Appearance/Cosmetic Forum.

5. "What should I do next to my car?" topics are a BIG no-no.

We are not a personal consulting service. We do not know your financial situation, your motor preference, or your aesthetic tastes. Do what YOU want and/or can afford to your car. Topics with questions regarding a specific product are fine, but broad questions asking for help on deciding what you should do to your hott ride next are not permitted any longer.

6. Absolutely NO classifieds topics/posts are allowed here.

If you have something to sell then put a link in your signature so that when you contribute worthwhile posts in this forum others will see your link.

It is not fair to place more importance on certain peoples' classifieds topics as opposed to others.

7. This is NOT an e-racing forum.

Threads asking who would win or what will my car run if...will be deleted immediately and points will be deducted from your user rating.

8. This is not a forum for bashing newbies, so any threads with the sole purpose of asking "why are newbies stupid?" or whatever will be deleted and points will be deducted from user ratings as well.

9. The disrespectfulness to others in this forum needs to be eliminated.

We see way too many threads go way off topic and get out of hand because someone feels the need to attack a member personally or simply just tell him or her that their idea or car or whatever is stupid, ricey or whatever. IF YOU HAVE NOTHING CONSTRUCTIVE TO OFFER IN THE DISCUSSION THEN SIMPLY DO NOT POST. If the topic is in need of moderation then contact a moderator rather than reply to the topic.

10. This is NOT a place for asking what is or is not ricey.

We are all sick of the term itself, and I am even more sick of why anyone gives a damn if a certain part is ricey or not. Also there will be no more "look at this rice" crap in here either. All it is is a chance for people to post ***** and it accomplishes nothing more than making GOOD topics sink to the bottom of the heap.

11. If you're going to flame, then do so with some tact.

Add some tech info and not only flame them, but EDUCATE them so they won't get flamed again. The forum has seen a rash of misinformation lately and while it is totally frustrating, it's not fair to threaten members or call them names for posting misinformation. This leads to rule #12...

12. If you are going to post some information and are not 100% sure if it is correct, then please say so.

If there is a tech topic and you have a "pretty good idea" about an answer then please say so. Stating something matter-of-factly when you're not 100% certain can be a terrible thing. Also sometimes you may think you have the right info, so try to avoid posting things in a manner that leaves you no wiggle room if it ends up being incorrect. Use phrases like "I'm pretty sure" or "If I recall correctly" so that someone else can verify your info before someone else takes it as gosphel truth.

13. This is NOT some sort of dating service nor is it a place to post pics of women.

We have in the past seen small rashes of threads asking for pics of girls, etc. and that **** will not be tolerated here. In no way is that even remotely tech oriented nor does it have a thing to do with Civics or Del Sols

14. If the post is reported to a moderator, and you post in the thread you must give a reason.

The moderators have been getting an overwhelming number of reports with no reason other than it has been covered, and do not have time to search for threads to help the posters find what they need. If you report it as a “repost”, at least direct them down the right path. From now on "search *******" or anything of this sort without posting a link will get points docked immediately.

15. Bumping old threads is not going to be tolerated.

It is a completely different thing to bump an old tech thread with a question than to bump an old thread that has run it’s course to say “nice car man”, or “wow, that sucks” in a stolen car thread.

16. Logout links.

Just don't do it. It's not cute. It's not funny. It is however, a good way to automatically get 2% whacked off of your percentage.

17. Links to online helms manuals.

These are not to be posted. The publishers have asked that users refrain from posting the links on a public messageboard. If absolutely necessary, keep it in PM's people. The book is well over 1000 pages, and is only $62 from http://www.helminc.com

18. There is no place for off-topic discussions here - period.

Off-topic topics will be moved, locked, or deleted and the topic's creator will be dealt with accordingly.

So there are the new rules. These go into effect immediately as of the time this topic is posted. The rules are also retroactive, meaning that any and all topics that go against the new rules will be moved, locked, edited, etc. accordingly.

If you would like to help the moderators here clean up the place then simply IM any or all of us with links to topics that should be edited accordingly rather than replying with "Read the new rules a-hole!"

If you have a topic that gets moved please do not argue about it. I personally have had my own picture topic moved from this very forum by another moderator who did not even realize it was my topic when it was moved.

Lastly these rules are here to make this forum a BETTER place. This is Honda-TECH.com, not Car Domain where you show off your ride 5 times a week. We do enjoy the pictures, but it overwhelms this TECHNICAL forum and ruins it.
Old 05-27-2004, 05:01 AM

Default Re: (JDM_Bug)

Yea that wings west one is nice, don't think i'd have the mid-spoiler though.

I've got alot of thinking to do over the bank holiday....
Old 05-27-2004, 05:03 AM

Default Re: (swiftcivic)

Oops sorry, feel free to move this.
Old 05-27-2004, 05:56 AM

Modified by BEN52 at 3:59 PM 5/27/2004
Old 05-27-2004, 06:16 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (BEN52)

god we need a thread for just the trial users
Old 05-27-2004, 06:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BEN52)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BEN52 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Kista20, lay the **** off. If you don't care about this man's body kit, then stop reading, click the back button, and continue to read the forum. No harm, no foul. Is it really that big of a deal that this person asked a question about a body kit. If you are going to say something about not to post in thsi forum, dont be an arrogant ***** about it. This board is getting rediculous, every other response is SEARCH (which doesnt always work), or wrong forum.

Ben</TD></TR></TABLE>

Your rediculous you should follow this kid right over to the appearance forum.
This is a tech related Forum. It does not belong in here. You should not be so stupid and argue against something that you kniow is wrong. They made the different Forums for a reason, use them.

Krista simply stated the facts and posted something that he was obviously to lazy to read. You should read it too. This is the reason why there is so much less tech related issues in this forum, because of people like BEN who do not appear to understand why things are set up the way they are.