Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

new parts few problems..

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 09:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new parts few problems..

ok so yesterday i got a few parts of my friends integra that he doesn't use. i got;

cold air intake
integra strut
Eclipse deck
2 new kenwood speakers

and then we painted my valve cover.

i have race headers for my car but 2 bolts on my stock one are stripped as hell and i cant get them off.

what do i do? all the rest of the bolt sizes are 12mm and they are so stripped that they are too small for a 12mm and too big for an 11mm. i even tried vice grips and i couldnt get them to budge the tinist bit.

any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

also i installed the new cd deck in replacement to the stock one i got it bolted in fine all features work. but then someone pressed a button and this comes on;

"TEL Mute"? it wont let me play my music and i cant get it off. i have pressed and even held every button on that deck to see if it would turn off and it hasnt. i even disconnected my negative on my battery to see if it reset and it doesnt make a difference.

what do i do? with these two problems?

thank you for the help

Old 01-27-2008, 03:38 PM

Default Re: new parts few problems.. (brian_98EK)

well im not sure about you headunit im not good with mine either. but for your bolt problem try using a 12mm 6point socket and tap the socket as far down ont the nut as it will go and put you rachet on it and instead of trying to turn the rachet hold it firm and hit it with your palm kinda in the same fashion as an impact i had this same problem on a different motor and do so to get the im off. good luck
Old 01-27-2008, 03:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the headunit, 'TEL MUTE' kinda tells me its in 'telephone mute' mode, which basically mute all sounds by pressing a button, at least thats normally what's common.

however, regarding ur headunit, just google it with the brand and the type, try to find the manual. there should be plenty of them on the net.

good luck.

Old 01-27-2008, 04:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: (sugarfree)

if you are unable to get the nuts off do they just spin or do they come to a point and just get stuck?? you might be able to take out the whole stud from the head and replace them with new ones and good nuts. that race HEADER will fit not those race headerS. as for the head unit i would try resetting it by taking out the fuse in the back of it or do a google search for a owners manual on that deck.
GL
Old 01-27-2008, 04:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

for the header, i'd try using a vice grip..clamp the nut and slowly, slowly til it started to turn..that's what i've allways have done with striped nut..replace with new one..<<duh!! good luck..

for the deck, have u look for a reset button? might be behind the faceplate, really small button..use a pen or toothpick and press it..might take off the "TEL MUTE" deal..
Old 01-27-2008, 04:53 PM

ok guys i talked to car toys about my deck and it turns out a had uncut wire ends in there and i just wrapped the ends in electrical tape real tight and re-installed the deck and now it works prefect.

i am still stuck on the header though. i have a vtec head in my garage and i tried taking the studs off of it to see if that would work and it didnt.

i tried vice grips earlier but i think thats my best chance to getting them off. i have heard that sears carries a $40 strip kit with plenty of supplies though. so i will get that once i am desperate enough.

if you have any ideas please let me know

thanks