Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

New Memeber

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 05:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Memeber

Hi all,

My name is Brian and I live in Florida. I just acquired a 1996 Honda Civic DX. It has 76K original miles on it and is a 5spd. It's painted Lamborghini Orange with a grey vinyl stripe down the middle. It has adjustable coilovers and sits on 18" rims & tires. The engine and drivetrain are stock. The engine does have a cold air intake on it. Just lookin to learn more about the cars and maybe some direction in some minor performance upgrades.

Thanks all..looking forward to being a member of this site.
Attached Images   
Old 06-29-2009, 05:54 PM

Default Re: New Memeber

Old 06-29-2009, 05:56 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

^ bogus!!
Old 06-29-2009, 06:03 PM

Yes, it's rice...but it's my daily driver back and forth to work. I drive 110 miles a day, so I needed something good on gas. Plus it's kinda fun to drive, feels like a go kart. My other car is an '07 Mustang GT.

Thanks for the comment. LOL
Old 06-29-2009, 06:11 PM

Hey, welcome man. I think its something nice to start out with. The color is definitely unique and different. My advice is get rid of the vinyl stripe down the car and maybe slap on a front lip. Other than that, its all up to you and what you want to do. It all depends on your personal preference, how much money youre looking to spend, and what your looking to get out the car (daily driver, race, show, etc). And dont pay any attention to N2odelsol. Unfortunately, theres no restrictions against ******** joining on here, so your gonna run into them. Hope this helps.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by n2odelsol
HAHA
Old 06-29-2009, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Mugen
Hey, welcome man. I think its something nice to start out with. The color is definitely unique and different. My advice is get rid of the vinyl stripe down the car and maybe slap on a front lip. Other than that, its all up to you and what you want to do. It all depends on your personal preference, how much money youre looking to spend, and what your looking to get out the car (daily driver, race, show, etc). And dont pay any attention to N2odelsol. Unfortunately, theres no restrictions against ******** joining on here, so your gonna run into them. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the welcome, man!! Yeah, the color is what definetely attracted me to the car. Along with the price and mileage. Definetely keeping it as a daily, just wanted to waken it up a bit. Was looking to do exhaust, a header, maybe a cat-delete, and possibly a chip. Can you recommend any good online stores? Not sure which are the good ones and the bad.

Yeah, I know all about ******** like him. They don't bother me.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by 96LambOrngDX
Thanks for the welcome, man!! Yeah, the color is what definetely attracted me to the car. Along with the price and mileage. Definetely keeping it as a daily, just wanted to waken it up a bit. Was looking to do exhaust, a header, maybe a cat-delete, and possibly a chip. Can you recommend any good online stores? Not sure which are the good ones and the bad.

Yeah, I know all about ******** like him. They don't bother me.
No problem. So you plan on keeping it a DD. In my own personal opinion, even as a daily, I would look into swapping the motor for something a little more "fun". Though a single-cam is good economically and most fuel-efficient, to me, they are boring unless you go turbo. Adding an exhaust, headers, and chip isn't gonna do much for you power-wise on a single-cam, but will definitely up your status as far as being a ricer lol. So I would look into possibly swapping a b-series in it, but again, that's just me. Unless you're a baller, then I say go k-series all the way. Do you have an idea on what you would like to do or might possibly be thinking about doing?
Old 06-29-2009, 08:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

welcome OP, seems like you have a pretty good view of things. i don't think the car looks too bad but i will admit it's not my cup of tea. hopefully you spend your time here developing your own style and not becoming some super mad tyte jDm y0! attention ***** who thinks their car should be on the cover of honda tuning because it's got "authentic" ebay jdm parts on it.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:13 PM

this is not a smart *** question, but how does it ride being slammed with the 18's?

the reason i ask is because a kid i play golf with is talking about doing the same thing to his car
and welcome
Old 06-29-2009, 08:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I actually like the paint cuz its something u don't see too often. My advise tho... dont keep the vinyl stripe n bra on too long. When u take off the vinyl it will look like brand new paint under n the rest of the car will be more dull. Other than that its not a bad ride. Maybe ditch the d16y7 intake manifold n put on the y8 (ex) manifold (it flows better) and jus convert to 2 wire IAC... not too complicated to do yourself. Good luck with whatever u do and remember... If you like a trend, get with it and if not do what u think looks good not what other people want.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

welcome man...its a nice platform. just could use some de-ricing but there is nothing wrong with that. and to all the people bein dicks...everyone has to start somewhere. we have all been in this position.

and btw...some good online stores i have bought from are ebay (some stuff. lol not ricey stuff), www.weaksauceparts.com , www.passwordjdm.com . i havent bought alot online but weaksauce and pw:jdm never screwed me over. they treated me good. lol
Old 06-30-2009, 11:35 AM
New User

Nice ride
Old 06-30-2009, 04:37 PM

Mr. Mugen- Yeah, I thought about a b series swap. I just won't have the funds for that for a while. Same goes for a Turbo. Excuse my ignorance, what is the K series out of? Like I said, my DD until I got this was my Mustang. I know eventually when $$ allows, I'd like to go forced induction. Still not sure if I'd go the route of a supercharger or turbocharger.

Forcefedferio- Thanks for the welcome & don't worry I won't become a mad tyte jDm yo! attention *****. LOL

lee97ex- it doesn't ride bad at all. It gets a little bumpy at times and sometimes I have to go pretty slow over some bumps, but it's managable/liveable with on a daily basis.

Icon Ed6- Thanks for the compliment. The paint is only a couple months old on it. The bra is on it for lovebug season. Damn things will eat thru your paint if you don't get them off in time. I kinda like the stripe, but have thought about taking off. Just afraid it would look like a traffic cone without it. LOL. The guy I bought it from had only owned it for a couple months and was in the process of customizing it, but had to sell it because the were moving and he could not take the car with him. Thanks for the suggestions, I will look into those.

Slo hatch- thanks for the links and the compliment. Does J.C. stand for Johnson City? If so, I used to live there a few years back.

mrn80- thanks, man!
Old 06-30-2009, 05:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome!
How fast do you want to go and how much do you want to spend?
Old 06-30-2009, 05:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome to hondaland bro!
we all started with a civic that had orange paint, 18's, or underbody neon lights. I personally had a ef hatch with all orange and white interior, vtech stickers (notice the h) with a fart can and nasty ars rattle can primer. But I loooooooved that little rice cake. So don't listen to negative comments.

I do have some advice though. Seeing as you have a really weak y7 don't put headers, and muffler.They wont really make they7 fast; so Get either/or. If you get them both you'll just get pulled cuz the exhaust will be annoingly loud. If you get just one of the two it wont get you pulled over.
Old 06-30-2009, 05:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lol, 'feels like a go cart', with 18's? throw some 15-16's on it and then tell me that...
Old 06-30-2009, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by ej1love
lol, 'feels like a go cart', with 18's? throw some 15-16's on it and then tell me that...
Haha....well, I am comparing it to my heavy *** mustang!
Old 06-30-2009, 07:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Actually with stock headlights, no bra, and black rims, it would look pretty nice, IMO.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Welcome!

The car looks clean and will serve its purpose. As far as mods go, there is one mod that your car (especially being so bright) needs....A quality alarm! There is a link in my sig that will help you.

I would say take your time and learn as much as possible before doing anything. Knowledge is power and will save you money when you go the right direction the first time...backtracking costs dearly.

For a DD, I would keep it stock and maybe consider a LS swap....but hey, that mustang is begging for a Pro Charger..:D
Old 06-30-2009, 08:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

welcome!
Old 06-30-2009, 08:19 PM
Vietnamese!

Welcome.

Read rules stickied at the top.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:39 PM

B-series are actually relatively cheap and affordable since the coming of the k-series, which are the newer motors out of 02+ hondas/acuras. Off topic though, how far is Arcadia from Tampa/Orlando?
Old 06-30-2009, 10:24 PM

I like the car it looks nice. Rims match up well I like the black with the tint but Not favoring the bra lol but I know it will help from chips. Oh yea Welcome to the forums.
Anyways what mods have been done. I would start with bolt ons. (asuming you have none of this its stock) Cold Air Intake, Msd Ignitions System with box and Boush Plat 4 plugs, Header into staight pipe, With a tuner style muffler, computer chip, Intake Manifold with bigger injectors and Throttle body (at the same time you tune your ECU) Stage 2 clutch (stage 1 is kinda like stock Stage 2 street and strip Stage 3 more for racing not an every day driver) UnderDrive pulleys. Take your pick lol
Old 06-30-2009, 10:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Welcome and nice car.

Quick Reply: New Memeber