Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

New member sorta long story...

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2002, 03:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member sorta long story...

Ok I am new and have questions like everyone else. I do want to say I try and do searches before asking the same lame questions. Anyways, I have a 93 civic 4 door sedan and can not say anything bad about my baby. Back in 93 I drove home in a little hatch and my wife took one look and said "hell no, we need a four door." Well I took it back and got the four door . I had access to a company truck and she was the primary driver of the Honda. well, with just months to go before she turns 10 years old my honda ( as in when I got her in August I only have praise for the way the car has held up. 3 weeks after we got the car, my wife backed up into a tree. She barely missed breaking the taillight, and only scraped down the left quarter panel. It didn't even take off the paint, and except for the scrape it wasn't really that bad. Well, about a year later, she backed up into a trailer and dinged the rear little panel you put your key in to unlock the trunk. still functional, just a perfect inside out pyramid on that little panel. Well, she drove the car to Houston (about an hour away) 5 days a week to U of H for 5 years. One day on the way to do her internship for college (she is a teacher) an idiot was standing in the middle of the road (getting a damn dog out of the road),so my wife immediately switched lanes without looking, which she didn't have time to do anyhow! She ended up hitting a 96 big *** lincoln in the rear , the lincoln's rear end swung out to the left side and ended up facing traffic, meanwhile my wife started spinning and spun right past the lincoln, my wife spun 3 times and ended up facing traffic. Well the only damage was to the hood of the car and some scrapes on the bumber. Actually after seeing the rubber circles on the road, I know there had to have been some devine intervention! Especially after hitting that big car. Well no other damage was done to the vehicle I have since bought her (my wife) a 2000 Tahoe and try to keep her out of my Honda She has already wrecked her tahoe and messed up the rear right panel , and then she crushed the front bumper due the woman thing of putting on her makeup while driving So I feel much better that she has torn up her tahoe, she thinks I am gonna be pissed when she told me about her accidents, but i just laughed and said better you than me! Although I have paid a pretty penney to get her tahoe fixed. Well enough of the story of my baby. Sorry if this is a long post, I just read about all the mishaps everyone has had here and thank God the Honda has held up and taken care of my wife, despite her not taking care of the car
My question is this how many of you all have sedans, I 've only seen maybe one. I eventually want to build a sleeper, but that is another story of how I can't tear up this engine

comments, questions or finger guestures welcome!
Laters,
Elmerfudd
Old 04-26-2002, 03:45 PM

Default Re: New member sorta long story... (elmerfudd)

i dont know what to say man, but for gods sakes keep her out of the honda!!! im just playing man welcome to the board.
keith
Old 04-26-2002, 03:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn dude, your wife is a mess

Glad I dont live anywhere near your wife. Sounds like she needs to take the bus

welcome to honda tech. in the future, its make it much easier to read if you use more paragraphs. I lost my place a few times.

Old 04-26-2002, 03:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New member sorta long story... (tonyxcom)

Definitely!! If anyone lives near Houston and you see a metallic pewter color heading up behind you, kick it into 3rd and get the furthest away you can!! har har, lucky she drives around home town and doesn't get up to Houston too much, just on weekends to spend all my money

thanks for th replys,
Elmer
Old 04-26-2002, 05:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

theres your problem, wanna know? its a female driving!!!!
Old 04-26-2002, 06:44 PM

Default Re: New member sorta long story... (JDM Dasilva)

No offense, but after hearing your story, I don't think it would be to the public's best interest to have her behind the wheel of a car, let alone a Tahoe.
Old 04-26-2002, 06:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New member sorta long story... (acuracing)

Let me know if yall ever come about 3hrs south on I10 so I can be on the look out for your wife!! Welcome to the board.
Old 04-26-2002, 06:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New member sorta long story... (turbocoupe)

cliffs??
Old 04-27-2002, 01:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New member sorta long story... (SuperDragII)

cliffs: bought hatch home wife wants four d00r , wife has torn and wrecked car at least twice ,car is still kicking some major whoop, can't complain, damn good car!! least but not least Beware of wife in a pewter metallic Tahoe, she'll run over your a**
Old 04-27-2002, 01:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ugh. and women pay less for insurance than guys wtf is that ****. sexism, and women ARE WORSE DRIVERS.
Old 04-27-2002, 02:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Welcome to H-T, Time to send the wife away for the weekend for R and R Then while she's away ENGINE SWAP for the four door. Then you have your sleeper and she's none the wiser.
Old 04-27-2002, 04:44 PM

Back in 93 I drove home in a little hatch and my wife took one look and said "hell no, we need a four door." Well I took it back and got the four door
oh no.. is that what marriage is like? haha

Edit: and oh yes.. welcome to the board

[Modified by jiGGaMein, 1:45 AM 4/28/2002]
Old 04-27-2002, 05:27 PM

Default Re: New member sorta long story... (jiGGaMein)

is the 4-door stick or auto? just curious. I am guessing auto.
Old 04-27-2002, 07:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow. No offense to you or your wife (she probably has a great personality) but her driving record is scary! Good luck!

I have a 92 Civic sedan EX. It's got tons of problems thanks to its previous owner but I'd like to eventually make it better/badder/faster. Welcome to honda-tech.
Old 04-27-2002, 07:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New member sorta long story... (agent87)

Make it a ferio, which is the jdm civic 4 door, people won't know what the hell it is. Just keep it clean, big wheels and body kits mean slow civics. Honda makes cars with stylish inginuity, and with a certain amount of class, all this can be easily improved upon. For instance, the leather interior out of a 4 door integra would go perfectly into that car, you can get a jdm white face gauge cluster for the 4 doors all over the place on ebay+the ferio rear door garnish thing, do simple stuff here and there that people won't notice, paint unpainted door handles, paint the side trim, get some nice wheels that don't have to be flashy, like Si or Gsr wheels, they always look good, even if Si wheels are now played out.
Old 04-27-2002, 07:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New member sorta long story... (RedHatch)

Yes it is automatic, another on the ole lady, she didn't want the hassle of a stick.
Old 04-27-2002, 08:04 PM

Default Re: New member sorta long story... (Plan B)

Well about the 4-doors. I have a 92 sedan with a b18c and I love it. It feels so good to have GSR's and SI's look at me and think i'm so slow. Then when I race them they feel very dumb. Most people don't think of 4 drs as going fast but the sedans aren't that much heavier than the SI's. And when you do a swap there's a lot of potential.
Old 04-27-2002, 08:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New member sorta long story... (TruePlayaz114)

w00t the Civic Ferio! They make excellent sleepers.
Old 04-27-2002, 08:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New member sorta long story... (TruePlayaz114)

Definitely what I 'm talking about (a swap in the near future). I lost my head gasket around the new year, I (please don't laugh!) replaced the head gasket and told my wife my wife my exhaust manifold was cracked and put a header and a ractive cold air intake on it. Funny the car is slow on take off, but shiet once I hit around 4000 rpms that bitch tries to put you back in the seat! I asked my wife how the honda drives ( when I need to use her tahoe) and she says it's loud. I told her to stop hauling a** and she said how did you know I was hauling a** and I said that is the only time it will get loud. I busted her so bad, she said she was racing her teacher friend in a cavalier and smoked the other car. **** I definitely gotta keep her out of my ride. Although I sure do wish she would crap it out so I could hurry and do my swap. I am definitely looking a b16 swap. thanks for all the response, and no offense taken about the wife and all her mishaps
laters,
Elmer