Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

New member....Just an Intro

Old 03-26-2007, 03:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member....Just an Intro

Whats up HT? New member here and new to Hondas for that matter. Purchased my first Honda on ebay about a year ago (94 Civic DX coupe) with a whopping 180,000 miles on it, just as a commuter car and didnt take me long to add a little flavor. Painted dash, new radio and speakers, intake. Had to take off the muffler cuz cops have nothing better to do. No big deal of course, but made it different and was enough for the bug to bite.

My plans....all motor SOHC. I don't need 500hp and I'm too broke for turbo. For some reason, it still hangs with the newer civics on the highway (must be the lack of A/C and power steering? Maybe the gearing? Maybe I'm just a hell of a driver!) I'd like to think it's the last one even if it isn't true. So I just want to add another 75 - 100 hp if possible and lighten the car as much as possible. After all, it's still my commuter car.

Anyway, long story short. New to Honda but not new to Forums. I'll keep the searches to a max and the questions to a minimum and just use the forum as a guide, so if you don't see me comment a lot, it's cuz I'm too much of a newb to add in my two cents.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New member....Just an Intro (Dust0341)

Welcome, you will learn a lot in here.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

welcome bro.. but a all motor single cam and too broke for turbo..

you got some work cut out foor you broo
Old 03-26-2007, 04:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: New member....Just an Intro (h2392si)

Welcome aboard.....start reading, lol.

As for gaining 75-100hp N/A...good luck. It's possible, but the time and money it takes to get there pushes most people away. You said turbo was out of your price range, but building an all-motor D that would get that much power is probably more expensive.

An easy solution?

A) B-series swap (Si, GSR, etc.)
B) Turbo
Old 03-26-2007, 04:12 PM

welcome and goodluck with the build.

heres a tip: search before you start a post because u will get flamed on by many, but you will run into a few good guys that will answer again

bought a car on ebay? lol how much?
Old 03-26-2007, 04:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New member....Just an Intro (h22xcivic)

My two cents...

Getting that power... turbo makes it easier. A lot easier. However, the thing is, N/A will fit your budget better potentially. You can buy things part by part N/A, while turbo is pretty much all at once (although N/A will end up being more money). There aren't many serious N/A D's, so good luck with that. I really don't know how much powe they can make.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New member....Just an Intro (Toroke)

^One thread that I was following had the OP putting down 140 to the wheels on a stock head.

Not bad for a N/A 1.5 (or was it 1.6? I can't remember)...but it's alot easier to get via a swap or turbo.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:25 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by h22xcivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">bought a car on ebay? lol how much? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Can't knock ebay. I bought my motorcycle on ebay too. and sold it on ebay. and sold my last car on ebay. lol

Turbo is not for me. I dont want a HUGE fmic clogging up my grill or a BOV pissing air every time I shift. Attracts too much attention where I'm from which leads to tickets or theft. And for the price of a swap, might as well just get the car! lol. No I think I'll stick to the task of tackling a D while keeping it as stock looking (and sounding) as possible.

Thanks for the warm welcome
Old 03-26-2007, 04:28 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dust0341 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Can't knock ebay. I bought my motorcycle on ebay too. and sold it on ebay. and sold my last car on ebay. lol

Turbo is not for me. I dont want a HUGE fmic clogging up my grill or a BOV pissing air every time I shift. Attracts too much attention where I'm from which leads to tickets or theft. And for the price of a swap, might as well just get the car! lol. No I think I'll stick to the task of tackling a D while keeping it as stock looking (and sounding) as possible.

Thanks for the warm welcome </TD></TR></TABLE>

No its a real question!!! i wasn't dissing him. I wanna know how much. its not everyday you hear someone buy a car on ebay!!!

So how much Dust?
Old 03-26-2007, 04:33 PM

Didnt think you were dissing me. lol. 2 grand even for the car. Yeah I overpayed, but it was the cleanest 94 civic I had ever seen. Around here, all the civics are tortured beyong belief. Runs like new too, even with 180 grand on the odo. Besides, I didnt care, my g/f bought it for me. lol So technically, it didnt cost me anything if you look at it that way.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i wanna see some pics....