Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

New member but cirtainly no newb

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member but cirtainly no newb

whats up guys? heard this is a great forum to be on for the T.O area.. heres my ride, 00 EK9 HB

so far for mods: Tien S-techs, AEM CAI, SIR replicas, CTR front and rear lip, 8k HID, Skunk2 shift ****... and upgraded sound nothin serius
btw anyone know what needs to be done to get keyless entry installed? is the system in any way wired into the ECU? do i just need the door inserts with the lock motors? thanks!

Modified by redhotek at 5:46 PM 9/3/2008
Old 09-03-2008, 05:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New member but cirtainly no newb (redhotek)

Welcome to H-T...did you read all the rules yet?? its a must (so you dont get hated on or "flamed")...everyone here is all about business with a little messin around but try to follow the guidelines ya know?? oncfe again im glad you can join us and you hatch looks clean...once your trial ends(usually 10 days), if there is a part you need the marketplace is your best friend take car man and if you have a post that no one is answering IM me and ill see what i can do...l8ter
Old 09-03-2008, 05:39 PM
HT White Ops

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome aboard!

I almost went with a hatch last time - maybe next time...

On the keyless entry thing - I just posted this the other day.

Read between the lines...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BDC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Maybe we're talking apples n' oranges...

I couldn't figure out what you were asking in your original post, but when I saw a pic of a keyless entry module - I assumed that's what you were referring to...

All I'm saying is that my 2000 HX did NOT come with a keyless entry module - that was an add-on!

What it came with was: power windows, power mirrors, power door locks, and a factory alarm system with two (keyring style) remote controls.

When I would press the remote control button, it would arm the alarm, disable the starter, and all that stuff - but it DID NOT lock/unlock the power door locks - I had to lock/unlock the doors using a key (manually) even though it had power door locks (which only worked using the switch on the interior driver's side door panel) - and it was a major PITA.

Keyless operation required that a keyless entry module be added to the system, and this module cost me $50 (installed) at the dealership where I bought my 2000 HX. I would have gladly paid twice that amount - that's how much it sucked NOT having keyless entry!!!

LoL!
Now, are we talking about the same thing or not?!?!? </TD></TR></TABLE>

I didn't install the keyless entry module - the dealership did - so I never knew exactly where they stuck it, but the pic in the other post showed it installed behind the driver's side kick panel, at floor level - if that helps.
Old 09-03-2008, 05:48 PM
HT White Ops

Default Re: New member but cirtainly no newb (vtecb18c)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vtecb18c &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">(E)veryone here is all about business with a little messin around but try to follow the guidelines ya know??</TD></TR></TABLE>

LoL! Words to live by!

Don't act like an ***, or you'll end up with a user rating of [97%]... like me!

Which I didn't deserve, BTW - just clowning around!
Old 09-03-2008, 06:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New member but cirtainly no newb (BlackDeuceCoupe)

lol i think im gonna put that in my sig cause it just hit me that it is really SO true lol....i had mu % way down but it was done by an ******* mod who was pissed at me at the time....but as you can see its back to 100 because i sent all my posts to some of my admin friends and the mods were def in the wrong it wasnt me....words to live by thats a good one because it is def true lol
Old 09-03-2008, 07:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

welcome
Old 09-03-2008, 07:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the oem honda keyless entry on my 96 ex was wired into the factory radio/tapedeck. i changed the location to the bottom behind the cupholders and put in my own cd player. then i ran power wires where they should be into the oem radio so i could keep the power for the keyless entry. i think i still might have the harness i made to make it somewhat plug & play.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

, i love red hatchbacks!
Old 09-03-2008, 07:49 PM
HT White Ops

Default Re: (MiMiK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MiMiK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the oem honda keyless entry on my 96 ex was wired into the factory radio/tapedeck...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Funny you mention that...

With my '00 CiViC, I had to be pretty close to the car for the keyless entry to work.

With my '98 CiViC, if I have the radio antenna extended, I can unlock the doors from across the parking lot. Put the antenna down, and it acts just like my '00.

Weird!

Modified by BlackDeuceCoupe at 2:14 PM 9/4/2008
Old 09-03-2008, 09:13 PM

Default Re: New member but cirtainly no newb (yoontim23)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by yoontim23 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> , i love red hatchbacks!</TD></TR></TABLE>

i cant wait to cover up the red on my hatches. lol mine arent that clean though
Old 09-04-2008, 04:09 AM

Default Re: New member but cirtainly no newb (1988_96hb)

haha wow thanks for the feedback guys.. since i just paid tuition for college, i dont thinkill be messing around with the keyless entery for a while but at least now i have some sort of idea on what needs to be done. Thanks again! looks like im gona like this place
Old 09-04-2008, 06:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice hatch reminds me of mine
Old 09-04-2008, 01:19 PM
HT White Ops

Default Re: New member but cirtainly no newb (Agent_Samz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Agent_Samz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Nice hatch reminds me of mine</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, red is an odd color...

Looks great on some cars (like a hatch) - but looks like *** on others (like a coupe).

If/when I buy a 6Gen hatch, it'll be a red one...

One other thing I might mention - if it was me, I'd paint your trim, skirts, mirrors, front lip, etc to match the rest of the car.

Makes a HUGE difference, IMHO!
Old 09-04-2008, 01:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Welcome.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:39 PM

Default Re: New member but cirtainly no newb (juda7)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by juda7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Welcome. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 09-05-2008, 10:17 AM

Default Re: New member but cirtainly no newb (BlackDeuceCoupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlackDeuceCoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

One other thing I might mention - if it was me, I'd paint your trim, skirts, mirrors, front lip, etc to match the rest of the car.

Makes a HUGE difference, IMHO! </TD></TR></TABLE>
Yeh i thought about that, but heard its really hard to match the paint up? do u have n e idea what the colour code is for my car?
Old 09-05-2008, 11:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by redhotek &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Yeh i thought about that, but heard its really hard to match the paint up? do u have n e idea what the colour code is for my car?</TD></TR></TABLE>

If it's the stock paint it should be R-81 for milano red.

Nice hatch BTW

Edit: Also, FYI this is your last year for the extended warranty on your exhaust manifold. It's like a recall cause honda noticed that there was an issue with the manifolds. (8years or 160km's) I would suggest you take off the heatshield (2 bolts in front where the O2 sensor is) and inspect it. If the mani is cracked call honda canada (or a local dealership) and run the vin...they should replace it for free. My wifes was cracked and I just had to do it myself cause her's is a 99.

Modified by B16AGUY at 12:57 PM 9/5/2008
Old 09-11-2008, 04:13 AM

Default Re: New member but cirtainly no newb (B16AGUY)

wow! i had no idea about that! thanks man ill go do that asap, im just shy of 160k now. perfect timing