Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

NEW LAW IN CALIFORNIA!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 09:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW LAW IN CALIFORNIA!!!

I HEARD FROM NUMEROUS PEOPLE THAT A NEW LAW PASSED THAT IF YOU HAVE ANY STOLEN PARTS OR CAUGHT RACING THEN YOUR CAR GETS CRUSHED. GIVE ME SOME FEED BACK BECAUSE I WANT TO STOP THIS FROM HAPPENING. I BELIEVE IF WE GET A PETITION GOING THEN WE CAN FIGHT THIS NEW LAW.
Old 01-24-2007, 09:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NEW LAW IN CALIFORNIA!!! (Hi_Boost)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hi_Boost &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I HEARD FROM NUMEROUS PEOPLE THAT A NEW LAW PASSED THAT IF YOU HAVE ANY STOLEN PARTS OR CAUGHT RACING THEN YOUR CAR GETS CRUSHED. GIVE ME SOME FEED BACK BECAUSE I WANT TO STOP THIS FROM HAPPENING. I BELIEVE IF WE GET A PETITION GOING THEN WE CAN FIGHT THIS NEW LAW. </TD></TR></TABLE>

1. Take the CAPS lock off.
2. You shouldn't be buying stolen parts.
3. If you didn't know that parts were stolen, you didn't do your homework.

"Ignorance is 9/10ths of the law."

m-
Old 01-24-2007, 09:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

old news
Old 01-24-2007, 09:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hi_Boost &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I HEARD FROM NUMEROUS PEOPLE THAT A NEW LAW PASSED THAT IF YOU HAVE ANY STOLEN PARTS OR CAUGHT RACING THEN YOUR CAR GETS CRUSHED. GIVE ME SOME FEED BACK BECAUSE I WANT TO STOP THIS FROM HAPPENING. I BELIEVE IF WE GET A PETITION GOING THEN WE CAN FIGHT THIS NEW LAW. </TD></TR></TABLE>

first off, shut off you caps, the **** is annoying.

i wouldn't suprise me coming from california, but why would you want to petition it?
you shouldn't be buying stolen parts, that's why theives are still in business and you shouldn't be street racing. there are tracks that are catering to us now, save you life as well as others around you and take it to the track.
Old 01-24-2007, 09:24 AM

Default Re: NEW LAW IN CALIFORNIA!!! (philosofy1)

THERE IS NO TRACK IN SD. THE COPS RAN EVERYONE AWAY FROM THE TRACK. THER COPS DOWN HERE ARE POPPING OUR HOODS WHEN OUR CARS ARE IN FRONT OF OUR HOUSE AT NIGHT. THIS IS BS!!!
Old 01-24-2007, 09:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hi_Boost &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">THERE IS NO TRACK IN SD. THE COPS RAN EVERYONE AWAY FROM THE TRACK. THER COPS DOWN HERE ARE POPPING OUR HOODS WHEN OUR CARS ARE IN FRONT OF OUR HOUSE AT NIGHT. THIS IS BS!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

why would they run everyone away from the tracks? actually shouldn't they be encouraging it?

and you mean to tell me, they are breaking into your car just to pop the hood too see if your parts are stolen? any search warrants? if not, seems like you have a law suit.
Old 01-24-2007, 09:28 AM
cute little bastard

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hi_Boost &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">THERE IS NO TRACK IN SD. THE COPS RAN EVERYONE AWAY FROM THE TRACK. THER COPS DOWN HERE ARE POPPING OUR HOODS WHEN OUR CARS ARE IN FRONT OF OUR HOUSE AT NIGHT. THIS IS BS!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol what?

hahaha if you got stolen ****, I hope your car does get crushed
Old 01-24-2007, 09:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NEW LAW IN CALIFORNIA!!! (SkoundrelUSA)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SkoundrelUSA &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

lol what?

hahaha if you got stolen ****, I hope your car does get crushed</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL
Old 01-24-2007, 09:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Unless they consent to let the cop pop it. Next time don't consent. Learn about the 4th amenemt(sp)
Old 01-24-2007, 09:30 AM

Quote, originally posted by Hi_Boost »
I HEARD FROM NUMEROUS PEOPLE THAT A NEW LAW PASSED THAT IF YOU HAVE ANY STOLEN PARTS OR CAUGHT RACING THEN YOUR CAR GETS CRUSHED. GIVE ME SOME FEED BACK BECAUSE I WANT TO STOP THIS FROM HAPPENING. I BELIEVE IF WE GET A PETITION GOING THEN WE CAN FIGHT THIS NEW LAW.

1. Take the CAPS lock off.
2. You shouldn't be buying stolen parts.
3. If you didn't know that parts were stolen, you didn't do your homework.

"Ignorance is 9/10ths of the law."

m-

HAHAHA
Old 01-24-2007, 09:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

That's old news, and I agree - if you buy stolen ish, then your car should be crushed
Old 01-24-2007, 09:33 AM

I DONT HAVE ANY SYOLEN PARTS IM NOT SAYING THAT. YOU GUYS ARE TAKING IT ALL WRONG. IM JUST SAYING THAT HERE IN SD. WE HAVE NO PLACE TO GO AND RACE EXCEPT TO GO UP NORTH. WE WERE ALL QUALCOMM STADIUM BUT ONCE WE LEFT THE TRACK THE COPS WOULD POP OUR HOODS ONE BY ONE. A COP PASSED BY MY HOUSE AND TOLD ME WHAT MOTORS ME AND MY FRIENDS HAD.
Old 01-24-2007, 09:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Cops can't just go onto your property and pop your hood for suspicion of stolen parts or race-only parts. They need a warrant.
Second, why would you want to do a petition to override that law? Do you have stolen parts and not want to get caught? I have had one car stolen and a few others broken into. If you were using/selling parts stolen from my car, I'd love to see your *** arrested and your car crushed into shreds of recycled metal. Wouldn't you want the same if I did that to you???
Third, streetracing is gay. Primered, bondo'd cars with bootsey-*** ls/vtec swaps racing each other to achieve street glory/reputation? I wanna be Dominic Toretto.

You're throwing up a big "I'm a thief" flag right now by starting this thread.
Old 01-24-2007, 09:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hi_Boost &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I DONT HAVE ANY SYOLEN PARTS IM NOT SAYING THAT. YOU GUYS ARE TAKING IT ALL WRONG. IM JUST SAYING THAT HERE IN SD. WE HAVE NO PLACE TO GO AND RACE EXCEPT TO GO UP NORTH. WE WERE ALL QUALCOMM STADIUM BUT ONCE WE LEFT THE TRACK THE COPS WOULD POP OUR HOODS ONE BY ONE. A COP PASSED BY MY HOUSE AND TOLD ME WHAT MOTORS ME AND MY FRIENDS HAD.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i know you are young and everything, but let me tell you, they can't do ****. don't be intimeded by them. if they don't have any papers saying they have the right to search, then they can't. you have a couple of options:

1. sell you honda and not have to worry about this law.
2. move out of cali
3. ignore them, because they have nothing better to do.

besides, if you are not doing anything wrong, then you have nothing to worry about.
Old 01-24-2007, 09:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

BTW, drag racing sucks anyway. Go roadracing and experience a real challenge. It lasts alot longer than 12 seconds. Plus, it's safer and you don't have to worry about getting in trouble for it. I can't stand streetracers, anyway. Young ignorant punks who just talk **** and act immature. Why would you want to be around that?
Old 01-24-2007, 09:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (209SpoonEK9)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 209SpoonEK9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">BTW, drag racing sucks anyway. Go roadracing and experience a real challenge. It lasts alot longer than 12 seconds. Plus, it's safer and you don't have to worry about getting in trouble for it. I can't stand streetracers, anyway. Young ignorant punks who just talk **** and act immature. Why would you want to be around that?</TD></TR></TABLE>

There is truth in this statement. But of course, if you really want to experience racing in a most purest form, get into karting. Not the indoor stuff, which is still a nice intro, but into the 2 stroke sport that has generated some of the worlds best race car drivers.

m-
Old 01-24-2007, 09:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah street racing has become way more dangerous than it has been. People have to bring 20 people out to race just so they can kick your *** if they lose their money. People are way too shady. I stopped going to the meets in orange county because it started to bring out all the essays out with their **** lowrider cars flashing their guns because people look at them wrong. Well we looked at them wrong because they had no f*cking business there. You run what you brung, if you bite off more than you can chew then swallow your lose, shake the persons hand and go home to re think your engine mods. Or learn how to drive better *shrug* Cant we all just get along haha
Old 01-24-2007, 09:50 AM

Default Re: (95ProjectEJ1)

Thanks for the feedback
Old 01-24-2007, 09:52 AM

Default Re: (Mario_D)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mario_D &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">There is truth in this statement. But of course, if you really want to experience racing in a most purest form, get into karting. Not the indoor stuff, which is still a nice intro, but into the 2 stroke sport that has generated some of the worlds best race car drivers.</TD></TR></TABLE>

True, or of you want a "real" track experiance get plugged in to Redline Track events or the SCCA.
Old 01-24-2007, 09:54 AM

Hah! I agree with the "crushing your car if its got stolen parts" bit.

The racing...eh...thats kinda iffy. I sure wouldnt be near ANY street racing with my modded car.
Old 01-24-2007, 09:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (LowSlow93Sol)

Racing karts is real track experience. You go wheel to wheel. It isn't just a track day, you actually race.

Not knocking SCCA, NASA, etc. But for a limited budget, you can race in a kart. Nothing more real than that.

m-
Old 01-24-2007, 09:57 AM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (Mario_D)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mario_D &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Racing karts is real track experience. You go wheel to wheel. It isn't just a track day, you actually race.

Not knocking SCCA, NASA, etc. But for a limited budget, you can race in a kart. Nothing more real than that.

m-</TD></TR></TABLE>

That, and you can punch your friend in the head if it looks like he can beat you. Because that's real racing, baby!
Old 01-24-2007, 09:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (95ProjectEJ1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95ProjectEJ1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah street racing has become way more dangerous than it has been. People have to bring 20 people out to race just so they can kick your *** if they lose their money. People are way too shady. I stopped going to the meets in orange county because it started to bring out all the essays out with their **** lowrider cars flashing their guns because people look at them wrong. Well we looked at them wrong because they had no f*cking business there. You run what you brung, if you bite off more than you can chew then swallow your lose, shake the persons hand and go home to re think your engine mods. Or learn how to drive better *shrug* Cant we all just get along haha</TD></TR></TABLE>

You're right. Well put. We don't have Essays coming to the races in NorCal, but we have all these little ***** coming up in fake JDM styled cars running their mouths about their ghetto LS/VTEC swap being able to beat a Type R this and that. I can care less, b/c my motor will last a hell of a lot longer, and my EK looks way ******' better than any of their sorry ****. Their problem is that they're ghetto-building to impress/beat others. Me, I just built it for, well......ME
Old 01-24-2007, 10:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 209SpoonEK9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You're right. Well put. We don't have Essays coming to the races in NorCal, but we have all these little ***** coming up in fake JDM styled cars running their mouths about their ghetto LS/VTEC swap being able to beat a Type R this and that. I can care less, b/c my motor will last a hell of a lot longer, and my EK looks way ******' better than any of their sorry ****. Their problem is that they're ghetto-building to impress/beat others. Me, I just built it for, well......ME </TD></TR></TABLE>

hey your from modesto!! i know exactly what your talking bout. and those kids that dont have **** but ride on there friends hopes and dreams...haha...209 people suck...well some of them
Old 01-24-2007, 10:03 AM

your absolutely right. down here in sd all we have is a bunch of essays with integras and think that they are the ****. they say we can beat you and say that there team is better then any elses. I say its just drama