Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

New JDM Swap Site?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 11:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New JDM Swap Site?

anyone here ever heard of http://www.fnf-motors.com?

I just got the june issue of modified mag and they had an ad in it so i checked it out. Seems like they got good prices once you convert CAD into USD. Lemme know if anyone here has dealt with them. Good or bad.

Also, if any of you read HCI, they got a nice Bseries write up in the june issue about turbo and superchargers. quite interesting.

Wickid

Old 05-02-2005, 11:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: New JDM Swap Site? (WickidClown)

if you are in the states and u going to order that
its not worth it

u probably have to pay a big custom fee to bring it over and a big *** shipping fee while you at it
Old 05-02-2005, 11:55 PM

Default Re: New JDM Swap Site? (komat)

thats what i was wondering too. was just curious about the site. also found http://www.jazzproparts.com

just shopping for my C5. Trying to find a good site with a good rep and yadda yadda.

thanx
Old 05-03-2005, 12:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i highly recommend http://hmotorsonline.com/

steve is the **** there
Old 05-03-2005, 12:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by komat &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">http://hmotorsonline.com</TD></TR></TABLE>
sticking with the facts

never heard of that company before. its gonna take me awhile to trust a company called "Fast and Furious" Motors, unless some people can vouch for them...
Old 05-03-2005, 05:36 AM

those sites seem too shady to me...it just looks to me like a company out to rip you off with high mileage jdm motors...

hmotors has and always will be the best site here on h-t...
Old 05-03-2005, 06:26 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by WickidClown &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thats what i was wondering too. was just curious about the site. also found http://www.jazzproparts.com

just shopping for my C5. Trying to find a good site with a good rep and yadda yadda.

thanx</TD></TR></TABLE>

My friend got his B18C5 From Jazz Pro Parts and they were very helpfull. Free shipping on all engines and parts too
Old 05-03-2005, 06:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New JDM Swap Site? (rsdc81)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rsdc81 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

My friend got his B18C5 From Jazz Pro Parts and they were very helpfull. Free shipping on all engines and parts too</TD></TR></TABLE>

I wouldnt even trust a site that has free shipping on an ENGINE. If a company is going to ship an entire motor for free they are overcharging you for the motor in the first place, or being VERY kind which i doubt. Something so expensive as to a motor...i wouldnt trust many sites online but HMOTORSONLINE.com

There is SO many vauches for HMO and i hear lots of great things about this guy Steve and cant wait to order my B16 from them too.....But i would never trust a company that is giving free shipping on an engine, imo it makes it look like the company is trying to get rid of the motors ASAP kind of thing, you know what i mean?

http://www.HMOTORSONLINE.com There is no other place

Good luck, oh and to asnwer the original post fast and furious motors??? hahaha, i am not even going to start with that
Old 05-03-2005, 07:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New JDM Swap Site? (komat)

I just found this also on that "jazz" site...

A 35% restocking fee, do you realize how much that is if your motor is bad after you receive it? You have to ship it back to them at YOUR COST, AND PAY a 35% restocking fee.....Say your motor costs 2,000....yeah do the math, thats like 700 dollars to send it back plus the price to actually ship it to them

Read the small print....

Plus you also need to pay professionally to install it or there is no warranty so thats an install fee also on top of all that....

its a big risk to order from them thats all.

IMO
Old 05-03-2005, 09:18 PM

Default Re: New JDM Swap Site? (Hatch It)

Yea i saw that too. lol. I was like eh? o.O but thought id see what people thought of them. probably gonna go with HM or totaljdm but not sure. I do know im gettin the B18C5(R). Most the sites ive checked got similar prices on the actual swap as well as shipping. I also just enrolled in DADC. For those of you who dont know what that is, its Denver Automotive and Diesel College. Going for my Diploma first then upgrading to Associates. Gonna be able to do all the work myself for free -parts. gonna be sweet. Start june 6. WISH ME LUCK! W00t! Anyway, thanx all!

Wickid
Old 05-03-2005, 09:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

funny they have no address on the website.. not even in the contact area. i would pass on them... they can put time into putting feedback but yet dont put an address of where they are.&lt;&lt;&lt;thats murder on any business.

Old 05-04-2005, 05:47 AM

Default Re: New JDM Swap Site? (cxSHOE)

Yeah, I can see what you guys are talking about now. I never really looked through the site to find things like that. But like I mentioned earlier, my friend got his B18 from there and he had no probs. Maybe he was one of the lucky ones...lol. I've always liked jhpusa.com though, anyone know anything about them?