Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

New to HT

Old 10-15-2009, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to HT

Hey guys just thought I would say hey and introduce myself. My name is chuck, I'm from Cincinnati. I have 94 coupe. I had an LS in it but ran into some problems and had to get a y8. Will be getting a b18c1 in Feb. I dont have many pix but I'll post what I do have. It no longer has the ugly clear corners that are in the pic. Me and a buddy just started the tuck on it. He did alot of the major stuff as this was my first time doing a tuck so it was a nice learning experience for me for future projects. In the near future I will beb getting a complete dress-up bolt set, tucked harness, welding all the old bolt holes under the hood and getting the bay repainted for a clean look, welding new quarters, getting a lip kit, and getting car painted (same factory purple). It currently is lowered on Eibach springs, has the y8 swap,Hasport mount, Megnaflow exhaust, no name header, Exedy clutch, CAI. Kenwood head unit, Celica seats with EG rails, mild tuck, no name Strut bar. Im sure there are a few other things I cant think of right now. I was bord and decided to paint the valve cover and CAI last weekend for the hell of it. I am not to happy how it turned out so I'll be respraying it again soon. All im-put and feedback is welcome.

A few pix when it still had the LS in it.

Recent pix with the y8 and tuck. Sorry for the crappy cell phone quality.
Before the tuck

After tuck.

New painted valve cover.

I know it isn't as nice as most on here but its a work in progress. My goal is to have it completed by April 2010 with everything I listed above.
P.S. That dumb as "top Secret" sticker is not on there now, I got flamed so bad for that from my freinds but it was on the coupe when I got it. lol

Last edited by chuckles_eg; 10-15-2009 at 11:38 AM.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New to HT

welcome nice car, not too sure about the writing on the valve cover though :/
Old 10-15-2009, 11:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

welcome
Old 10-15-2009, 12:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 98y8
welcome nice car, not too sure about the writing on the valve cover though :/
yeah when i pictured doind it, it seemed like it would turn out better. Ill be respraying it in the next few days.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

WELCOME TO HONDA-TECH! ur car is looking good... keep the purple alive! i also have a purple coupe

Old 10-15-2009, 12:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love those purple ej's. I've been trying to buy my homies purple ej for 3 years...lol. Nice
Old 10-15-2009, 12:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by MHDesigns
I love those purple ej's. I've been trying to buy my homies purple ej for 3 years...lol. Nice
x2!!

lol i couldnt believe i finally bought one i was looking for one for ever! sorry for thread jacking a little.. ur car is clean im luving the purple..

when u painted ur intake and valve cover did u use the walmart anadized paint? because i tried the same thing a while back and it came out with dark spots like urs :/
Old 10-15-2009, 12:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

When I bought it a few freinds laughed like whf did you buy purple for? I was like you never see anyone rocking a purple EG. I love the color. We are repainting it the same color to freshin' it up here soon.
I used AutoZone paint with a white base coat. I used like 6 coats to try to even out the color but it still has dark and light spots :/
Don't worry about jacking the thread. I like to see more purple ej's out there. Plus you have a few things on yours that I want to do to mine so it gives me a general idea how mine will look.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:26 PM

Yea purple is awesome, and xxstuntin4life that is a sick looking civic. Props to both of you on the color...go off the beaten path a little bit. Chuckles, I like the rims on your car I wouldnt change em haha. ACTUALLY, you have JUST enough spokes to spell "chuckles" out in single letters on each spoke...
Old 10-15-2009, 12:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by chuckles_eg
When I bought it a few freinds laughed like whf did you buy purple for? I was like you never see anyone rocking a purple EG. I love the color. We are repainting it the same color to freshin' it up here soon.
I used AutoZone paint with a white base coat. I used like 6 coats to try to even out the color but it still has dark and light spots :/
Don't worry about jacking the thread. I like to see more purple ej's out there. Plus you have a few things on yours that I want to do to mine so it gives me a general idea how mine will look.
purple ej's are the ****.. to bad where i live there are 3 guys that have them but there all pretty ugly and beat up.. i did a lot to clean up my paint.. i acid washed it because it had really bad water spots and then i washed/clay bared it then i cut and buffed the **** out of it and now i just wax it all the time to keep her all pretty lol..

ive gone threw a lot of different phases on my car i can send more pics if u would like.. i now have a CF hood and trunk but i think i like the stock colors more.. ive had 3 dif. sets of rims.. lmk if u would like dif. pics of it and i can post some..
Old 10-15-2009, 12:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by xxstuntin4life
purple ej's are the ****.. to bad where i live there are 3 guys that have them but there all pretty ugly and beat up.. i did a lot to clean up my paint.. i acid washed it because it had really bad water spots and then i washed/clay bared it then i cut and buffed the **** out of it and now i just wax it all the time to keep her all pretty lol..

ive gone threw a lot of different phases on my car i can send more pics if u would like.. i now have a CF hood and trunk but i think i like the stock colors more.. ive had 3 dif. sets of rims.. lmk if u would like dif. pics of it and i can post some..
Yeah post them up if you want. I Im wanting an OEM cf hood, and some new rims. Im thinking about going with a bronze rim. I had my black gsr phat 5's on it and i loved how the black on purple looked so I'm hoping bronze looks nice on it.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah post them up if you want. I Im wanting an OEM cf hood, and some new rims. Im thinking about going with a bronze rim. I had my black gsr phat 5's on it and i loved how the black on purple looked so I'm hoping bronze looks nice on it.

well i have personally had black gt3's with a polished lip, bronze te37's and now my white rota c10's on my car.. ill send u a pic of all 3 and u can see wat u like.. im a fan of all 3 so i just swap them out every now and then lol

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zjvOlzlIJS4&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color 2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zjvOlzlIJS4&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color 2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>
Old 10-15-2009, 12:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

[QUOTE=xxstuntin4life;40306011]well i have personally had black gt3's with a polished lip, bronze te37's and now my white rota c10's on my car.. ill send u a pic of all 3 and u can see wat u like.. im a fan of all 3 so i just swap them out every now and then lol
Old 10-15-2009, 12:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Here is one with white rota c10's

Bronze te37's

Black gt3's

OEM cf hood

OEM cf trunk
Old 10-15-2009, 12:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Last edited by XhaloZ; 01-15-2018 at 05:43 AM. Reason: .
Old 10-15-2009, 12:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I've seen your car somewhere else before, I remember seeing that picture with you in your car with the black rims. I love that car!!! I cant wait to get my new quarters on and repaint it.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I've seen your car somewhere else before, I remember seeing that picture with you in your car with the black rims. I love that car!!! I cant wait to get my new quarters on and repaint it.
lol thanks.. she has been threw a lot lol.. i had a b16 in her then a turbo gsr and now a b16 again... and i was in a high speed pursuit with it :/ i just got out of jail about 3-4 weeks ago they gave me 6 months for street racing and felony evading police.. now i cant drive her for 1 year.. so she sits in the garage under a cover waiting for her new heart to get finished.. all motor ls vtec 12.5:1 comp. on a 75 shot it should be done soon!
Old 10-15-2009, 01:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Wooo loving the purple eg's Sparco sear also looks really nice in that last one. There's a purple eg coupe that runs around our college from time to time.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ferio252
Wooo loving the purple eg's Sparco sear also looks really nice in that last one. There's a purple eg coupe that runs around our college from time to time.
its def. not a sparco seat.. there recaro's out of the jdm teggy type r's the car used to have 2 red sparco non reclinables but someone broke into the car and stole them
Old 10-15-2009, 03:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sorry, quick glance over the picture had me thinking sparco.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

nice cars guys

Welcome to HT
Old 10-16-2009, 04:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks for the comments guys. glad the purple EG's still get love...