Custom 2 inch charge piping
ebay bov
intercooler
blox manifold
stock ls block and head
rc 550cc injectors with resistor box
chipped p28 on chrome
open downpipe

I had a problem with my car last night it randomly died on the side of the road. Let it sit for about a half an hour and it started and I got it to my friends house. After leaving it sit for another hour I went to start it and it sounds like its miss firing on one cylinder and just smokes ALOT.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: New to Honda Tech LS Turbo

Originally Posted by EgCivicLS94
ebay 57 trim turbo
ebay wastegate 7psi
ebay bov
Welcome to H-T!

Might want to have a mod move this to the forced induction forum, you'll probably get more/better responses over there.

To start you off, these eGay parts are known to be horrid quality. Just an FYI.

Brands you should look into for turbo components include Garret, Greddy, Turbonetics, Precision, Go-Autoworks, Spoolin Performance, HKS, Tial, Full-Race. Avoid eGay turbo parts like the swine flu.

Now in terms of your misfire: This could be a number of things. Could be your cap and rotor going on you; happened when i first boosted my civic with the motor's original dizzy. Replaced it along with new MSD wires and new plugs (NGK platinum 7's gapped at 0.028) and has been fine since. You could just have the wrong spark plugs, or you could have the right ones but they are just shitting out on ya. Easy to diagnose and replace.

Could also be a clogged or bad fuel injector. To diagnose, start the car and let it idle. Proceed by unplugging and re-connecting your injectors 1 at a time. If you hear the car's idling become more rough after you pull each injector, it's not your injectors. If you pull an injector plug and the cars idle stays the same, you've found your problem.

Edit:
Hopefully not, but it's possible that you may have head gasket issues as well. Hard to diagnose without taking the head off and looking at it or doing a compression test.

By the way, are you using an OEM or cometic head gasket? I suggest you use either of those. You should also be using ARP head studs on boosted honda motors. If you are not, you may have head lift which causes underlying head gasket failure, and will also produce misfires and rough performance. The white smoke is more associated with this than a bad injector or spark plug.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:54 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: New to Honda Tech LS Turbo

alright thanks for fyi and yes I know ebay is junk but i only have 450 bucks in my whole setup! also i did not do a very good job wiring in my resistor box. So im going to rewire it and tuck it properly tonight. Just put bkr7e spark plugs in gapped to .27-.29 that didnt fix the problem so its probably the wiring on my injectors and resistors. This would give me an engine light correct? Thanks for the help guys! will post pics later tonight if i remember and will start postin the f.i. Threads