Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

New to Honda-Tech, loving it, reliving my first Honda days, and loving it more.

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 01:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Honda-Tech, loving it, reliving my first Honda days, and loving it more.

Hello all, I'm here to learn a lot more about JDM cars now that my brother has just purchased a 01 PY ITR. It has been a while since I've stepped into another japanese car since highschool which was a Honda civic DX hatch. The good old hatch days when I use to burn my tires on my huge 13inches and when I upgraded to massive 16inches were da ****. My brother has been ramping so much about how more fun his car is to drive than my car. Since highschool I have since been driving more of German cars up to date till present day. I've always love Japanese cars from all the high performance ones that my friends owned back in Thailand from modified EVO3's to 800HP supras, but not so much on Hondas. The NSX however, is the ultimate sports car that I have always been itching to get, but have never come around of getting one because of timing that kept negating the situation or opportunity. A new interest that I have been itching now are modded ricerockets like civics and integras which don't seem to be going away. The bliss of killing a abnoxious driver in a Mustang, Camaro, or Vette makes it ever so tempting.
Well I just wanted to say Hi, and I am sure to be on this forum much more now. I own a restaurant and bar in Denver, CO by the University of Denver filled with beautiful women, so if you guys want to look me up let me know. My name is Ton and glad to meet u all. I look forward to going to the track with my brother when he moves down here with his ITR and maybe the "itch" will be so bad by then that I decide to get me my own ricerocket.

Old 07-21-2005, 01:17 PM
Risky Business

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Re: New to Honda-Tech, loving it, reliving my first Honda days, and loving it more. (Stick-e-rice)

Uh, hi?

Why do you want to drive a Civic so bad? Most people upgrade from hondas, not to hondas.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: New to Honda-Tech, loving it, reliving my first Honda days, and loving it more. (Stick-e-rice)

Welcome, and if you choose to purchase a Honda, have fun. Just try to keep in mind that this is a tech forum, so posts should remain technical in nature.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:52 PM
Electrician

I'm very surprised you're 28 years old and own a restaurant. I can't see someone who owns a restaurant, at 28 years of age, act like a 16 year old when it comes to a Honda. You sound like you get wet when you say the word Honda. Wow. If I were you, and are making decent money at your establishment, get a better car and slap your brother for bitching at you because you don't own a Honda.

BTW, your brother is a RICER for placing some Asian writing on an ITR.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Deemeetree)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Deemeetree &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm very surprised you're 28 years old and own a restaurant. I can't see someone who owns a restaurant, at 28 years of age, act like a 16 year old when it comes to a Honda. You sound like you get wet when you say the word Honda. Wow. If I were you, and are making decent money at your establishment, get a better car and slap your brother for bitching at you because you don't own a Honda.

BTW, your brother is a RICER for placing some Asian writing on an ITR. </TD></TR></TABLE>

slayedslayedslayedslayedslayedslayed
Old 07-21-2005, 01:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Deemeetree)

BTW, your brother is a RICER for placing some Asian writing on an ITR.

LOL^^^^so true so true!
Old 07-21-2005, 01:59 PM
Electrician

Not making fun of Asians, just stating that Asian writing stickers doesn't make it JDM or look better.
Old 07-21-2005, 02:02 PM
B A N N E D

Default Re: New to Honda-Tech, loving it, reliving my first Honda days, and loving it more. (BauleyCivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BauleyCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Uh, hi?

Why do you want to drive a Civic so bad?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Mid life crisis. j/k
Old 07-21-2005, 02:10 PM
GDD Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh come on now man, 800hp EVO in thailand? Sure, every car on the road in thailand has an intercooler showing and 90% of them have motorswaps (like the toyota V6 Jeep Cherokee I saw in cambodia), but 800hp? From one southeast asian to another, that's a lie and we both know it.
Old 07-21-2005, 02:53 PM
Risky Business

Default Re: (slomofo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slomofo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Oh come on now man, 800hp EVO in thailand? Sure, every car on the road in thailand has an intercooler showing and 90% of them have motorswaps (like the toyota V6 Jeep Cherokee I saw in cambodia), but 800hp? From one southeast asian to another, that's a lie and we both know it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Apparently southeast asian's can't read

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Stick-e-rice &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
from modified EVO3's to 800HP supras</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 07-21-2005, 03:32 PM
GDD Member

Was that a racist comment? haha...jk, but on a serious not, even an 800hp supra doesn't exist in thailand though.
Old 07-21-2005, 03:36 PM
Risky Business

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slomofo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Was that a racist comment? haha...jk</TD></TR></TABLE>

I didn't mean for it to be, you stuck it in there so I figured it wasnt an issue for you.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slomofo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> but on a serious not, even an 800hp supra doesn't exist in thailand though.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Why not? 1000HP stock block ones exist in the US, I don't see why an 800HP one won't exist in thailand.
Old 07-21-2005, 03:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Stick-e-rice &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">A new interest that I have been itching now are modded ricerockets like civics and integras which don't seem to be going away. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Why do you call civics and integras "rice rockets"? It annoys the hell out of me when people call these cars rice rockets.
Old 07-21-2005, 03:39 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slomofo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Oh come on now man, 800hp EVO in thailand? Sure, every car on the road in thailand has an intercooler showing and 90% of them have motorswaps (like the toyota V6 Jeep Cherokee I saw in cambodia), but 800hp? From one southeast asian to another, that's a lie and we both know it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

sorry but you are a ******* idiot and need to learn how to read. 800hp SUPRA! READING IS KEY IN LIFE! and do you really think its impossible to get an 800hp evo just cuz its in Thailand?.....some people just never seize to amaze me

and to Stick-e-Rice, please dont ever call a civic or teg a "ricerrocket" again. That is the biggest ricer term ever and annoys me to ******* death. Do us all that favor...please
Old 07-21-2005, 04:16 PM
GDD Member

I've been to thailand seven times in the past three years, I'm always looking for fast cars and parts to make cars go fast. If you can provide proof of an 800hp supra, prove me wrong, if you've never been there, please keep your comments to yourself.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:07 PM

no i havent been there, but you dont always have to go someplace to know about something. Have you been EVERYWHERE in Thailand? If not, then how could anyone possibly be so sure that there isnt an 800hp supra?
Old 07-21-2005, 05:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (1995Civic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slomofo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've been to thailand seven times in the past three years, I'm always looking for fast cars and parts to make cars go fast. If you can provide proof of an 800hp supra, prove me wrong, if you've never been there, please keep your comments to yourself.</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1995Civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">no i havent been there, but you dont always have to go someplace to know about something. Have you been EVERYWHERE in Thailand? If not, then how could anyone possibly be so sure that there isnt an 800hp supra?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Stop with the bitching already, PM each other instead
Old 07-21-2005, 05:13 PM

Default Re: (Lord Helmet)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Lord Helmet &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Stop with the bitching already, PM each other instead </TD></TR></TABLE>

No need, just settled it. I was just asking a question.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:24 PM

Default Re: (1995Civic)

wow, wow, this guy was just trying to show some love to some fellow honda guys......on honda-tech, you really shouldnt be dissing the guy who is supporting the car this forum is about.......
Old 07-21-2005, 05:35 PM
GDD Member

Sorry for the outbursts guys, I apologize, I should've said welcome to honda-tech, we welcome everybody (who doesn't have a bodykit )
Old 07-21-2005, 05:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i say welcome to the forums and i'll start this off...

hi, my name is mitch and im a hondaholic.

just because the guy is intrigued by making hondas fast and isnt a 16 year old ricer or e-thuggin bench mechanic/racer like a very big percentage of honda-tech doesnt mean you have to flame on him.

thats the problem with the honda community is that everybody is too worried about what everyone else's idea of how a honda should be modified is.
Old 07-21-2005, 07:18 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Stick-e-rice &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hello all, I'm here to learn a lot more about JDM cars now that my brother has just purchased a 01 PY ITR. It has been a while since I've stepped into another japanese car since highschool which was a Honda civic DX hatch. The good old hatch days when I use to burn my tires on my huge 13inches and when I upgraded to massive 16inches were da ****. My brother has been ramping so much about how more fun his car is to drive than my car. Since highschool I have since been driving more of German cars up to date till present day. I've always love Japanese cars from all the high performance ones that my friends owned back in Thailand from modified EVO3's to 800HP supras, but not so much on Hondas. The NSX however, is the ultimate sports car that I have always been itching to get, but have never come around of getting one because of timing that kept negating the situation or opportunity. A new interest that I have been itching now are modded ricerockets like civics and integras which don't seem to be going away. The bliss of killing a abnoxious driver in a Mustang, Camaro, or Vette makes it ever so tempting.
Well I just wanted to say Hi, and I am sure to be on this forum much more now. I own a restaurant and bar in Denver, CO by the University of Denver filled with beautiful women, so if you guys want to look me up let me know. My name is Ton and glad to meet u all. I look forward to going to the track with my brother when he moves down here with his ITR and maybe the "itch" will be so bad by then that I decide to get me my own ricerocket.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Looks like someone couldn't find anyone to chat with on AIM...

Haha, welcome to Honda-Tech.
Old 07-21-2005, 07:49 PM
Risky Business

Default Re: New to Honda-Tech, loving it, reliving my first Honda days, and loving it more. (Senses Fail y0!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Senses Fail y0! &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Welcome to HT, home of if you're not an 00-03 member, you're fucked </TD></TR></TABLE>

Uh, Deemeetree is an '04 and he's a moderator.
Old 07-22-2005, 02:12 PM

Default Re: New to Honda-Tech, loving it, reliving my first Honda days, and loving it more. (Senses Fail y0!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Senses Fail y0! &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Welcome to HT, home of if you're not an 00-03 member, you're fucked </TD></TR></TABLE>

I'd offer to sell him my username, its an 02, but... I got banned for trying to do that last time.
Old 07-22-2005, 03:39 PM
Electrician

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BauleyCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Uh, Deemeetree is an '04 and he's a moderator.</TD></TR></TABLE>

w00t w00t!!

Don't take it to the heart man. We are all cold-hearted bastards who love to romp on the new ones. In a way, it's our initiation process. If you really like the site, love the information that's attainable here, and put up with our ****, you're more than welcomed to stay. If you can't handle the fire, get out of the kitchen.

Quick Reply: New to Honda-Tech, loving it, reliving my first Honda days, and loving it more.