Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

New to Honda-Tech

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 11:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Honda-Tech

Sup guys. Just joined Honda-Tech. Well, here's a picture of my EJ1. It's not a current picture but tell me what you guys think.

Old 03-07-2010, 11:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: New to Honda-Tech

Nice, I like it I like the bike rack alot, where do you get those?

Last edited by Civicfanatic_09; 03-08-2010 at 12:22 AM.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Civicfanatic_09
I like the bike rack alot!
Gay. LOL.

Jk. Got any plans for it?
Old 03-08-2010, 04:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Looks clean from what I can tell. I don't like the Tow hook but I never have, that's just me.

I also like the bike rack. I am an avid mtn biker and usually borrow my Parent's CR-V to carry my bike places so I don't mess up the paint on my bumper getting mine into my trunk.

Any info on the rack would be great, make and model of the rack? How it mounts, etc?
Old 03-08-2010, 09:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice avatar. Creative.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Civicfanatic_09
Nice, I like it I like the bike rack alot, where do you get those?
There expensive but I usually browse around on craigslist looking for a good deal. I come across some but I ending up having to buy extra parts to make it fit my car. Still worth it though.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

welcome to ht and your car looks clean man
Old 03-08-2010, 10:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Matt93eg
Looks clean from what I can tell. I don't like the Tow hook but I never have, that's just me.

I also like the bike rack. I am an avid mtn biker and usually borrow my Parent's CR-V to carry my bike places so I don't mess up the paint on my bumper getting mine into my trunk.

Any info on the rack would be great, make and model of the rack? How it mounts, etc?
Thanks. I ride to, but I ride Fixed Gear. I got a black Mercier Kilo TT.
The bike rack in the picture is Yakima brand which I sold cause I needed money but now I currently have a Thule brand roof rack. For Yakima you need the base which are called Q Towers and Q Clips to fit your car which for my car is Q69. I believe Q69 goes for Eks/Eg/Dcs. For the Thule rack you also need the base which is called 400XT Aero Foot Pack and the fit kit which is Kit109. Everything else like the fairing, locks and bike attachments are all separate.The fit kit for both brands come with 4 rubber pieces that attaches to the Q Towers/Aero Foot Pack depending which brand you get. IDK what its called but the two black lines that goes across the roof of your car on both side. The rubber pieces sit there. There are also 4 clips that will come with the fit kit. This attaches to the Q Towers/Aero Foot Pack and theres a curve that goes around the inside of your car while your door is open so its secure. Hope this helps. It may sound confusing but once you get one its really easy to setup.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jasoncanseeoh
Gay. LOL.

Jk. Got any plans for it?
Not Really just little stuff here and there. I'm trying to come across some Function 7 LCAs. I got MFactory LCAs right now but there black. I want it to stand out.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks reaper562.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by K-ej1
Thanks. I ride to, but I ride Fixed Gear. I got a black Mercier Kilo TT.
The bike rack in the picture is Yakima brand which I sold cause I needed money but now I currently have a Thule brand roof rack. For Yakima you need the base which are called Q Towers and Q Clips to fit your car which for my car is Q69. I believe Q69 goes for Eks/Eg/Dcs. For the Thule rack you also need the base which is called 400XT Aero Foot Pack and the fit kit which is Kit109. Everything else like the fairing, locks and bike attachments are all separate.The fit kit for both brands come with 4 rubber pieces that attaches to the Q Towers/Aero Foot Pack depending which brand you get. IDK what its called but the two black lines that goes across the roof of your car on both side. The rubber pieces sit there. There are also 4 clips that will come with the fit kit. This attaches to the Q Towers/Aero Foot Pack and theres a curve that goes around the inside of your car while your door is open so its secure. Hope this helps. It may sound confusing but once you get one its really easy to setup.

Hey man, thanks for the Info. After I saw this yesterday I started looking around on google searching roof racks for my Civic, I think I might be going with a Yakima. I looked at thule as well. I will be using a fairing as well.

I do have another question for you. Do you leave your roof rack on all the time? Or do you take it off when not in use and then put it on when you are going the haul the bike? I "plan" to leave mine on all the time as I will be using it quite often..the other reason, or should I say biggest reason is because I am way to lazy..yes lazy..to take it on and off. If you leave yours on all the time with the fairing installed do you notice a drop off in fuel mileage?

And for riding a Fixed gear, you the man! I'm to sissy for that..haha.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Matt93eg
Hey man, thanks for the Info. After I saw this yesterday I started looking around on google searching roof racks for my Civic, I think I might be going with a Yakima. I looked at thule as well. I will be using a fairing as well.

I do have another question for you. Do you leave your roof rack on all the time? Or do you take it off when not in use and then put it on when you are going the haul the bike? I "plan" to leave mine on all the time as I will be using it quite often..the other reason, or should I say biggest reason is because I am way to lazy..yes lazy..to take it on and off. If you leave yours on all the time with the fairing installed do you notice a drop off in fuel mileage?

And for riding a Fixed gear, you the man! I'm to sissy for that..haha.
No problem man. I'd go with Yakima too, but I just got a good deal on the Thule Roof Rack. Yeah, I leave mine on all the time. It would be troublesome to take it on and off. Just make sure to get locks for everything. Only thing that suck is that the fairing is the only thing that doesn't have locks so if people really wanted to they could easily steal it.
I don't notice the drop in fuel mileage though that's probably because I dont pay attention to it. Hah.
Fixed is the way to go.